Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015

iospace posted:

And with the new T3 changes...

Legions are now worthless outside of neuts. Lovely.

Ok, fine, they have more damage (and tank) than a Sac but that's solely because of drones. A Sac will out range a HAMgion and apply exactly the same.

So congrats CCP, you did what you wanted I guess? :shrug:

(doesn't change that Lokis are now broken in the HAM category)

Uhh, they may tank less but they are still good ahacs, t3s also now have a new role in covert ops high dps which is also great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i am enjoying these posts on the eveo forums about how ccp shouldn't pull captain's quarters

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Hi from Denmark. Home end of month. Granite?

Could work. Bringing one of the kids to Toronto for the first week of August.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to miss my character walking from the hanger to the captain's quarters and occasionally falling through the floor into infinity.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

No I'm just an optimist :negative:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Uh... unless CCP does something about citadels don't expect any conflict to be a' brewin. Like Summer is usually one of the big "Campaigning Seasons" for some ungodly reason (As in there's been one to two major wars going on every summer since I started playing seven years ago), and we're halfway through without a peep.

Even if we build the largest super fleet in the entire galaxy we're still not likely to go on a grand tour of other peoples sov for no other reason that having massive supercaps won't make killing all the citadels any faster. It would just make it happen with less actual fighting.

EDIT: Actually the ungodly reason is a large number of Bloc level FC's for the last billion years have been college students. Like you guys may think boat is prolific now, but back in the college days it was literally impossible to escape him. He FC'd several fleets a day for every timezone.

Boat has higher education? :stonk:

What did he major in? Tactical annihilation of shrimp?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

No I'm just an optimist :negative:

Boat has higher education? :stonk:

What did he major in? Tactical annihilation of shrimp?

No he's a k-12 teacher. History teacher actually I think.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

orange juche posted:

No he's a k-12 teacher. History teacher actually I think.

I feel bad for those kids...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lucifirius posted:

I feel bad for those kids...

If he likes to keep his his job he's a lot more focused when it comes to teaching. I can't imagine Admiral Boat holding down a teaching gig at any school worth anything. It's at least feasible that boat acts different at work.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

orange juche posted:

If he likes to keep his his job he's a lot more focused when it comes to teaching. I can't imagine Admiral Boat holding down a teaching gig at any school worth anything. It's at least feasible that boat acts different at work.

True, there is that hope. Would be interesting to see how he acts outside of EVE related activities/yacht parties.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

orange juche posted:

he lives in kentucky or something, he can just claim god told him to act that way and free pass

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
it's hard to hate people like boat who are retarded happy all the time, at least when all the time when I've interacted with him.

Wookybear
Dec 14, 2016

How does this work?

Catberry posted:

Star Citizen Beta :eng101:

You think EvE will last that long?

We are an optimistic one.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Wookybear posted:

You think EvE will last that long?

We are an optimistic one.

i mean, once the universe experiences heat death eve probably won't be around

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rust Martialis posted:

Hi from Denmark. Home end of month. Granite?

cccccccccc

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am honestly suprised no one ever recorded Boat being his usual charming self, found out where he worked, and then sent it to his boss. EVE players have done similarly autistic things.

I remember when Mittani got an offer from some Russians to cut the power to the house of a certain Titan pilot during an op :gonk:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
aint that just some ancient urban legend?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

nex posted:

not quite an urban legend, but blown out of proportion. I know mittens has gotten many a death threat, and one of the creeps even called his parents. The same weirdo's that get upset that Digi once let it be known that progodlegend is GAY, have absolutely no problem when people from their communities threatened to rape his wife ex wife.

In short: Eve is a bad game full of broken people who's sense of scale is non existent.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it's hard to hate people like boat who are retarded happy all the time, at least when all the time when I've interacted with him.

most of my dislike of him stems from moments in time where he tried to hard to be edgy, my go to example is when he and durrhurrdurr teamed up to chain harass a black girl off coms in 2010. Maybe he's grown as a person since then, I have no desire to find out.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Rhymenoserous posted:

he and durrhurrdurr teamed up

Like a shitposting captain planet.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

nex posted:

supposedly the offer really happened but it's not clear whether the russian was joking, or even had the ability to make it happen

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Is it worth getting into FW to get to grips with PVP?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

supposedly the offer really happened but it's not clear whether the russian was joking, or even had the ability to make it happen

Russians take eve seriously. Remember the irl titanium magnate who bought an alliance just to try to avenge some minor slight against him?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

#anotherone

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Did it go up in the vitally important 7g constellation

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There may not be a big null war, but Hard Knocks is making moves to evict Inner Hell.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Inner hell are crying that they're afk so I imagine the numbers involved will be less than a null bloc fleet

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

4th Horseman posted:

Inner hell are crying that they're afk so I imagine the numbers involved will be less than a null bloc fleet

more like Inner Hell is crying because they know they hosed up.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

iospace posted:

more like Inner Hell is crying because they know they hosed up.

yeah they dared try to anchor a keepstar which papa hk can't let happen

can't let one of their serfs get all uppity y'know

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dragonshardz posted:

yeah they dared try to anchor a keepstar which papa hk can't let happen

can't let one of their serfs get all uppity y'know

Part that, part Inner Hell has been known to evict people for shits and giggles, not because of grudges.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

either way, gently caress HK and their C6 renting empire directly in the rear end with a cactus.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Torabi posted:

It can be a pretty sweet moneymaker as well as teaching you PVP stuff, although I don't know if its the "best" way of learning it. Just avoid playing as Amarr especially if you are an Alpha clone. You might want to set up a separate character for the purposes of FW.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Who is living in Branch and Venal? Recently I dropped out of my neverending W-Space adventure, ended up in Branch very nearly at the northern end of the map, and no-one was there.

I then said "gently caress it", and proceeded to travel unchallenged through 20+ empty systems of Branch and Venal, docked up in one of the Guristas-stations and just jumpcloned myself to greener pastures.

But Dotlan tells me that there is a lot of traffic in some of the systems I went through, just not apparently during the time I was passing through. What time zones are those guys in? (I think at the time I went through there, it was like 5 pm at the American east coast.)

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

MikeCrotch posted:

It can be a pretty sweet moneymaker as well as teaching you PVP stuff, although I don't know if its the "best" way of learning it. Just avoid playing as Amarr especially if you are an Alpha clone. You might want to set up a separate character for the purposes of FW.

The three of us are Omega. From what I've gathered you can join any militia as long a your standing is neutral? Also is the Amarr militia worse or something?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Torabi posted:

Probably not.

Rhymenoserous posted:

not quite an urban legend, but blown out of proportion. I know mittens has gotten many a death threat, and one of the creeps even called his parents. The same weirdo's that get upset that Digi once let it be known that progodlegend is GAY, have absolutely no problem when people from their communities threatened to rape his wife ex wife.

In short: Eve is a bad game full of broken people who's sense of scale is non existent.

Because PGL being gay surprised anyone.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Torabi posted:

He space itself is just fine and can be more fight sense than null, but there's not really any reason to join up. You can fight in the complexes just fine without being in a FW corp, and you're not limiting your targets by having a militia you can't shoot.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I thought it was someone else that got outed as gay started with a M like manny or something

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Libluini posted:

Who is living in Branch and Venal? Recently I dropped out of my neverending W-Space adventure, ended up in Branch very nearly at the northern end of the map, and no-one was there.

I then said "gently caress it", and proceeded to travel unchallenged through 20+ empty systems of Branch and Venal, docked up in one of the Guristas-stations and just jumpcloned myself to greener pastures.

But Dotlan tells me that there is a lot of traffic in some of the systems I went through, just not apparently during the time I was passing through. What time zones are those guys in? (I think at the time I went through there, it was like 5 pm at the American east coast.)

Branch is mostly ratters led by Blades of Grass. In Venal you'll run into Out of Sight, so rus. Other than moon stuff it's relatively dead.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Reverand maynard posted:

I thought it was someone else that got outed as gay started with a M like manny or something

yeah it was Manny, Digi found his POF profile or something

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

is it true that blades of grass doesn't allow their members to rat or mine in capital ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Loky11 posted:

Branch is mostly ratters led by Blades of Grass. In Venal you'll run into Out of Sight, so rus. Other than moon stuff it's relatively dead.

Still, sounds interesting. I'm guessing I'll meet Out of Sight sooner or later, when I jumpclone back into the region. Especially considering I parked my clone right next to the main tradehub in Venal.

• Locked thread