Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Well, my plan worked. I went from 750 mil to 13 bil isk and that is despite me saving 5 extractors and using them on my new guy. Kinda think I should've saved more of them but whatever, I cut my skill queue from 110 days to 63 with a click. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

meatmccartney posted:

Is that you, Weedlord Bonerhitler?

xXxSePhIrOtHSSJ420xXx, obviously.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Torabi posted:

so I gave the character my real loving name for some reason. :v:
You could probably have petitioned CCP to rename the character for that, but you get a name like Caldari Citizen 1548712348

And if the main goal was the money then whatever, either way works.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Klyith posted:

You could probably have petitioned CCP to rename the character for that, but you get a name like Caldari Citizen 1548712348

And if the main goal was the money then whatever, either way works.

Yeah I'm sure you could petition that for a name change.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

I actually checked their renaming requirements and it was only if the name was offensive. Either way I wanted to start fresh with my buddies and I'm glad I didn't use too many injectors on myself so I'm still only a few mil ahead of my friends and now I can be the group's designated sugar daddy.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 18, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
It never hurts to ask. The worst that happens is they say no.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

lucifirius posted:

It never hurts to ask. The worst that happens is they say no.

Ah well, doesn't matter anyways since the character is now down to 5.7 mil SP. :v: I'm space rich now so I'm happy and all my friends have to refer to me as daddy now.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Torabi posted:

Ah well, doesn't matter anyways since the character is now down to 5.7 mil SP. :v: I'm space rich now so I'm happy and all my friends have to refer to me as daddy now.

Buy me a carrier daddy.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Help me out with the OP a bit. What races are good and bad for Alpha Clones?

I heard Amarr were bad due to Energy weapons being dependent on cap support skills that an Alpha will lack.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey deadtear your best friend Skex resurfaced in the recruitment thread, and began arguing about his favorite topic again, racism.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Catberry posted:

I heard Amarr were bad due to Energy weapons being dependent on cap support skills that an Alpha will lack.

I'm on a gallente alpha clone and I can easily solo the delve rats in a Vexor. I don't know if I could do that without drone cheese.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Catberry posted:

Good:
gallente - drones ftw

OK:
caldari - rlml supremacy, and I guess either the cormorant is a good ship or it just looks so cool that people do fleets with it

:ccp: :
minmatar - did you know minmatar have the most trainable skill points for alphas? there's a reason for that, and that reason says a lot about why minmatar are currently not so great.

amarr - either you are hosed by the cap regen skill that you can only train to 3, or you're hosed because you're flying a worse version of a gallente ship

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Rutibex posted:

I'm on a gallente alpha clone and I can easily solo the delve rats in a Vexor. I don't know if I could do that without drone cheese.

Caracal can actually clear faster/easier than Vexor. Also doesnt takes Drones 5 skill time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FranktheBank posted:

Caracal can actually clear faster/easier than Vexor. Also doesnt takes Drones 5 skill time.
:shrug:
Oh yeah I suppose Drones 5 takes a while to train, but they do allow it as an alpha clone! I started off as basically a peak Alpha Clone, because I actually have a much nicer character but I do not care to give CCP any money. If I wanted to give them money I could be melting those rats in a Dominix :(

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Klyith posted:

Good:
gallente - drones ftw

OK:
caldari - rlml supremacy, and I guess either the cormorant is a good ship or it just looks so cool that people do fleets with it

:ccp: :
minmatar - did you know minmatar have the most trainable skill points for alphas? there's a reason for that, and that reason says a lot about why minmatar are currently not so great.

amarr - either you are hosed by the cap regen skill that you can only train to 3, or you're hosed because you're flying a worse version of a gallente ship

This is good. Why specifically are Minmatar not so good?

kejting
Jul 17, 2017
incursions are weird and incursion comms are weirder

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Catberry posted:

Medium projectiles suck, stabbers suck, ruptures suck, mixed weapon systems suck, utility highs suck if your weapon systems are gimped, rifters suck, slashers are cool if all you're doing is fast tackle but the rest of their frigates suck (except for surprise kiting breachers maybe?) And maybe some other reasons.

Thrashers are cool tho. But also talwars suck.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Catberry posted:

their history is they were the jack of all trades race. some ships shield tanked, some armor tanked, some projectile, some stupid split weapon bonuses, so in general you needed to train everything to fly them well. what made minmatar good was how that flexibility gave you an edge in fights. you could kite vs a brawler or brawl vs a kiter, the utility high was space for a nosferatu and nos were great, and in general what you couldn't fight you could run from.

first they changed nos to how it is now, where it's situational and mostly only good when fighting up a class. then tiericide happened, and minmatar were the huge losers in that. CCP looked at what the most powerful -- aka most popular ships -- were, and "balanced up" everything else to try to match those. all the single-purpose ships got better and the minmatar became the fox in the fox vs hedgehog fable.

minmatar still have the niche of arty having the most alpha of any weapon, but other than that they're pretty weak. and for an alpha they're extra bad, because fitting space is super tight on minmatar.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Catberry posted:

The best thing to do as an alpha player is to make an account for each of the races, they will all train at the same time and you can get the strengths of each.

MikeCrotch fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 19, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tracking disruption is criminally underrated, by the way.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

iospace posted:

Yeah, I was roaming in an Omen NI and a crucifier shut me down completely. My optimal was like 13km with Scorch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FranktheBank posted:

Yeah, I was roaming in an Omen NI and a crucifier shut me down completely. My optimal was like 13km with Scorch.

I shut down a blaster prot once with a crucifier. He had to load up Null to even have a chance of hitting my buddy.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

iospace posted:

The big issue is that if your opponent is using missiles or drones you might as well jam your thumb up your arse for all the good your TDs will do.

Incidentally Tracking Disruption & ECM are the best solo forms of EWAR for Alphas because you can train them to level 3, while Sensor Damps and Target Painters are only allowed to level 1 which makes them extremely cap hungry (target painters are poo poo in the current meta anyway)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

man i cannot believe that there are still people playing this game that think that CCP will reverse course on active moongoo harvest

it is unreal

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MikeCrotch posted:

The big issue is that if your opponent is using missiles or drones you might as well jam your thumb up your arse for all the good your TDs will do.

Incidentally Tracking Disruption & ECM are the best solo forms of EWAR for Alphas because you can train them to level 3, while Sensor Damps and Target Painters are only allowed to level 1 which makes them extremely cap hungry (target painters are poo poo in the current meta anyway)

There are missile disruptors

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

man i cannot believe that there are still people playing this game that think that CCP will reverse course on active moongoo harvest

it is unreal

the forum thread on it is a goldmine of querns telling people exactly how stupid they are.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

iospace posted:

There are missile disruptors

But the same deal. If its a gun boat or drone boat, you are doing nothing.

ECM works on everything. You dont even have to use a mid... just use ec-300s. gently caress ec 300s.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Catberry posted:

I like Drones because it lets me use all of my high slots for utility modules. I have two salvagers and a tractor beam on my ratting Vexor. I don't think I could do that with any other type of ship, you need those high slots for weapons.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If you train Amarr or Gallente there's no real reason not to cross train into the other, they share so many skills.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ugh its Troika posted:

If you train Amarr or Gallente there's no real reason not to cross train into the other, they share so many skills.

You can't cross train as an alpha. Your skills are racially locked.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

So how awful is that state of the game/goonion right now?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
the pubbies won

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
CCPs devious plan worked I have finally decided to try out omega clone for a month. There was a 50% off deal for "EVE premium edition" which allowed me to get it for $25. It came with 30 days omega 650 plex and a bunch of random junk. Skins and clothing items are dumb so I put them up on the market right away. The best item in the package was a double training Booster. I have no use for this so I sold it for a cool 1.3b isk :D

It is nice to be able to fly a battleship again! The Delve rats melt like butter to my Dominix. I don't know what I will do with the PLEX. I sold 150 of it for a little over 500m isk but I kept 500 plex in case I want another month. I might continue playing and just sell the plex, it's worth a huge chunk of isk :shrug:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
You probably want to keep the PLEX, 500m is a massive amount of money for an Alpha. Unless you are doing something like Factional Warfare and losing ships every day you just don't have that much to spend it on.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

dragonshardz posted:

the forum thread on it is a goldmine of querns telling people exactly how stupid they are.

Link?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it is unreal

They back-pedaled on the carrier changes and announced they are looking into changing citadel mechanics, so clearly as long as there's enough public freakout CCP will give us whatever we want :yayclod:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Clerical Terrors posted:

They back-pedaled on the carrier changes and announced they are looking into changing citadel mechanics, so clearly as long as there's enough public freakout CCP will give us whatever we want :yayclod:

We want active moongoo mining though because it will crash everyone's economy but ours

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

MikeCrotch posted:

We want active moongoo mining though because it will crash everyone's economy but ours

Pretty much. GSF's finances are such that moongoo is already the smallest portion of our income. We can completely ignore refineries and moon mining without it affecting our ability to provide SRP and other services.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MikeCrotch posted:

The price of the moon goo is going to skyrocket as will all tech 2 items. Start hoarding now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
lots of mad nc posters whining about their passive income, thanks ccp!

• Locked thread