Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I LOVE THESE SPYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Couple of things I noticed in the last episode...

During the car chase, when the bullets were flying Ange was always pulling Beato down under cover to protect her. A neat little way to show Ange really cares about the rest of the group as friends now; demonstrating her character growth over the show.

Also, during Ange's fight with Zelda Ange takes the opportunity to reload her revolver. The never-needs-reloading gun in movies/TV pulls me right out of the story when I see it. I was glad to see they didn't skip over that kind of detail.

This show was full of quiet and subtle things like that. The shows I tend to like are the ones where you can see everyone involved in making it actually cares about what they're making.

I want season two.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Grouchio posted:

He found Princess' hat - confirming she's a spy.

Not really, there was a fake Princess there too. Still no hard evidence.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
but ange has access to princess' wardrobe, and if they matched, that forms a connection

also dorothy's rad car (rip)

their cover by all accounts should be blown, right now the whole principal team is out of the country and look mighty suspicious. it's like with code geass, there's no loving way they should be able to slot back into the old order, but they're gonna do it anyway

and chise. holy gently caress, chise is incredibly compromising, she went to battle wearing the same hat as she wore to the earlier diplomatic event. and how many midget ninja's are running around anyway? but by rights she would have accidentally outed the entire team months ago

anyway the show owns

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

It'll be an interesting test for the anime, really.

If they want to maintain a semblance of espionage cred, then they ought to have it so Normandy knows they're spies, but keeps it under his hat so he can manipulate the Commonwealth by feeding Princess and company false or misleading data. The whole season could be a back and forth between Team Principal and Normandy as the former try and get as much done as they can while trying to get out from under suspicion, while the latter slowly closes the noose around them as he builds up enough evidence to let him eliminate a member of the royal family.

On the other hand, they could just mostly sweep it under the rug and keep going as a cute yuri spy girl team.

Hard to say which they'll do and which would be better. I look forward to another season to find out...in a year or two or three. :sigh:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is such a good show all around, production values, character design, worldbuilding, characters, soundtrack and all just all blend together in a wonderful mix of competent goodness.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
There's no way they can really come back and slot right back into the status quo the way they did before without some serious finagling. Princess got loving SHOT, the Duke knows there was a fake Princess running around.

There is a second season there would have to be a confrontation with the Duke at SOME point, likely sooner than later.

And Zelda, who seems to be a military answer to Ange, is also running around.

Honestly, it'd be loving funny if the Duke comes into the picture and Ange just lays everything out with a 'Good morning, Uncle. Nice to see you've gotten up to speed.'

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/whemleh/status/912031273593524225

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The little details of this show are a joy.

The notes. The expressions on people's faces.

The loving detail on the mechanical operation of Ange's Webley-Fosbery.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

There is precedent for telling a story about war-weary ex-pats engaged in intrigue in Casablanca.

I want to see dieselpunk on a loving BEACH yo. I want to see Beato in a series of summery HATS.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Explosions posted:

I want to see Beato in a series of summery HATS.

That would make a wonderful OVA all on it's own.

I might be biased. Biased by Beato. (I'll stop; that way leads to an alliteration abyss.)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Did I miss something or was Beato dead weight for the entire episode?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Paracelsus posted:

She was observation and medical aid, not dead weight but not helpful during the action, just like every other episode.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Paracelsus posted:

BEATO BROUGHT EVERYONE CLOSER, JUST IN TIME FOR THE EMOTIONAL FINALE

SHE WAS ESSENTIAL

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Paracelsus posted:

Beato was helping Dorothy at the school with her (Dorothy's) operation to figure out Zelda's plot, which Ange ruined when she nearly blew that guy's head off. That was just explained in dialog pretty quick, though, and whatever they were doing happened offscreen.

Beato is better at the spy stuff than the action, but underestimate her at your peril!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Paracelsus posted:

Actually, she had the most important scene in the episode:

Consider that if Ange had gotten there seconds later Charlotte would have died.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Bea may not be the best at action, but she greases wheels that would normally not be greasable. And she is often useful to the plot in unforseen ways.

Consider that if she did not have a reinforced skeleton(?) Charlotte would've gotten hacked to pieces back during Chise's intro episode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Believe in Beato.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

paragon1 posted:

Believe in Beato.

Yes. She is the light, and the truth, and the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It's funny how many of their plans actually wind up NEEDING Bea to be in the right place at the right time...

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/591336

well im buyin the poo poo out of this

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
this was a good anime

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i was dissapointed when I hit the beginning of the finale in ep 10 because this was so good

love the setting so loving much

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Be sure to consider the variant with the light-up base: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/627404

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShunyaYamashita/status/914151130082316288

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
The first volume seems to be selling well enough, at least by current standards, so I hope the sequel does happen.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This was a really fun series and I'm so glad I decided to watch it.

Maybe the second series will be them, secretly, working with the Duke to stop the utter nuttballs from starting a civil war. I assume he didn't want that to happen.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Poil posted:

This was a really fun series and I'm so glad I decided to watch it.

Maybe the second series will be them, secretly, working with the Duke to stop the utter nuttballs from starting a civil war. I assume he didn't want that to happen.

The duke actually seemed kind of okay with it...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are lots of things you can do when you know someone is a spy. spies are only dangerous when you don't know who they are.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
But when the spies know that you know they're spies, but you don't know that they know that you know...

The plot thickens.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuX9PVQhZ8

someone uploaded the pripri soundtrack. recommend adblock for this one

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Definitely worth buying on itunes, I somehow missed how impressive this soundtrack is while gushing to people about the background art.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The PriPri mobage is wild
https://twitter.com/merryyy87/status/918422699428298754

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I really do hope to be able to buy this series

https://twitter.com/pripri_anime/status/916997002017124354

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://gifsound.com/?gfycat=WearyRegularIndianhare&v=evyKPVS_M7E&s=12

I started watching this series. It's very good.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

I can't stop watching this clip, also agreed

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

The Beato Compass requires occasional recalibration.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Motto posted:

The PriPri mobage is wild
[]

Indeed

https://twitter.com/M_hisashi/status/919985116960526337

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!