Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
"A pleasure to see you again, Rev. Dogoode. Ahh and I see you brought your Necronauts here to banish me no doubt. You are foiled again, Arthur, for my phylactery is lost even to me."

The lich lord pauses to drink deeply from a crystal goblet. He shuffles his bony frame forward on his brass throne. Unearthly vapors coil around his head, climb up the wall, and drizzle down to the base of his thrown. If you looked long into those vapors, you would see figures turning and turning and if you tarried even longer, you would join them.

Arms akimbo, hands just above his knees, the lich leans forward in a mockery of friendly indulgence, "You see, Arthur, I bonded my soul to a hole in the universe, an object so fleeting that no man can ever find it again. I think you know to what I'm referring, but if the thought has not yet trickled through that sluggish mind of yours, then allow me to explain: I have made my phylactery from the cool gun of a GI Joe! Search all you please, Dogoode, but the game is mine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
"Well done, Arthur, I see my horde of skeletons was no match for you after all. Well no matter, skeletons are a renewable resource."

The bony figure rattles with something like laughter. Seeing an opportunity, the righteous champion Arthur Dogoode lunges forward.

"Not so fast, Dogoode. I haven't destroyed it yet and if you agree to play my game, perhaps I will even return it."

Arthur knew the lich was lying, but he has no choice....for now. Arthur tensed his jaw, but let the rest of his body go slack. Arthur would have to play along.

"It cost me a fortune Dogoode and dozens of middling to good skeletons, but now I have your little treasure." With a flourish the lord of corpses pulled back a curtain to reveal a small, bronze statue dangling above a bubbling pit of acid.

"You have your riches, beast, what you do you have for a family heirloom? It's worthless to you!" Arthur growled.

"But not to you, Dogoode. Yes, I have my millions perhaps even billions -- I'm much too old to trouble myself over a few zeroes," again his chalky heap of a body rattled with sadistic mirth. "Why do I want it? Because it is yours. I am going to destroy you piece by piece, Arthur, starting with this, your Grandmother's bowling trophy."

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Baller Ina posted:

So he's gonna try to lick me? That's his plan? Not impressed.

Yes but bear in mind that his tongue is very gross. It's all leathery and turned a weird color. He wets it with a sponge before licking.

The sponge is not lichy. The sponge is just a duckie that he got at Dollar General.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
The earth is not stable: mountains rise, rivers shift, oceans evaporate. The lich knew this now. Now that an earthquake had thrown his throne into a crevice, which then filled with ocean water, which then filled with a slurry of volcanic ash. As the slurry hardened to cement all around him, the lich considered how long eternity truly was.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A nefarious plan unwinds through the course of decades, then centuries. At last, the fabled Westbrook Ruby falls into the lich's hands netting him a staggering return of $133/year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
"Marvel, Skin-wearing Scum, as I the lich conjure a window to a room MILES away...what the gently caress is a 'facetime?'"

• Locked thread