Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm looking forward to:
This poll is closed.
Tye beating Jinder in a non-title match 2 8.33%
Xavier Woods Camcorder joke 1 4.17%
AJ as the new US Champ 4 16.67%
Ellsworth rules-lawyering his suspension 1 4.17%
The Fashion Police (it's probably this one) 16 66.67%
Total: 24 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What will be the fallout of AJ Styles capturing the United States Title?
Friday night, AJ Styles sent shockwaves through the WWE Universe when he defeated Kevin Owens to become United States Champion during a WWE Live Event at New York City’s Madison Square Garden. The Phenomenal One captured the Independence Day Battle Royal on this past Tuesday’s SmackDown LIVE, earning a title opportunity against Owens at WWE Battleground, but apparently couldn’t wait to get his hands on The Prizefighter. In the wake of this stunning turn of events, what will be the fallout on SmackDown LIVE and at WWE Battleground? There is no doubt that Owens will return to Team Blue thirsty for retribution, but will we see a rematch between Styles and The New Face of America this week on the blue brand? Or will we have to wait until the July 23 pay-per-view?

Will Tye Dillinger capitalize on the biggest opportunity of his career against Jinder Mahal?
As one of the final three competitors in last week’s special Fourth of July Battle Royal, Tye Dillinger was so impressive that he has now been granted arguably the biggest opportunity of his career tonight - a non-title contest against WWE Champion Jinder Mahal. However, while The Perfect 10 has proven that he can handle the numbers game, will he keep The Singh Brothers at bay long enough to score an important victory over The Modern-Day Maharaja? Will Mahal be too preoccupied with his upcoming Punjabi Prison Match against Randy Orton at WWE Battleground to repel the up-and-coming challenger? Don’t miss a moment of the action as Dillinger takes on Team Blue’s top champion.

Who will gain important SmackDown Tag Team Title momentum in singles slugfest?
If the tension surrounding last week’s rap battle between SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos and The New Day proved anything, it’s that the SmackDown Tag Team Title Match at WWE Battleground is going to be a knock-down, drag-out showdown. Tonight, Xavier Woods will battle Jey Uso. Who will gain valuable momentum heading into the July 23 pay-per-view?

Will the Fashion Police be on the case in The Lone Star State?
In recent weeks, The Fashion Police have given SmackDown Live many … (memorable?) moments, whether they be seeking out Tyler Breeze’s unknown attacker, receiving mysterious video tapes containing important clues or interrogating would-be prime suspects under the hot lights with iced tea and cheese. But what will these well-dressed partners have in store for San Antonio?

Who will rise above the pack in the Women’s division?
The blue brand Women’s division is more explosive than ever, with SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi standing on the top of the mountain and the first-ever Ms. Money in the Bank, Carmella, lurking in the shadows. However, can The Princess of Staten Island maintain her edge without the suspended James Ellsworth? And which Superstar will step into the spotlight in the coming weeks to challenge the glowing titleholder at WWE Battleground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is the show good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

is the show good.

If nothing else, there's going to be a Fashion Police segment at some point, which is always great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know, I think AJ winning the US championship at MSG was really smart.

It gave a lot of buzz to a midcard title that usually doesn't have much buzz to it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:nsa:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hate them for getting rid of everybody's pyro.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

VJeff posted:

I hate them for getting rid of everybody's pyro.

Why did the get rid of the pyro?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I just realized last night that I am more interested in Raw than Smackdown and now I'm sad. I'll watch for AJ and Nak, but that's about it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i wonder how much pyro cost. if i was getting a decent enough paycheck i think i'd ask them to reduce it a little and gimme pyro instead

and then i'd demand they make it KANE PYRO :unsmigghh:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
man not even AJ can get the crowd behind of a "ur face is a monkey butt" joke

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pinwiz11 posted:

Why did the get rid of the pyro?

Cost cutting. They even got rid of Brock's, even on PPV!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've heard they stopped exploding the pyro because it had fire in them and some body could get On fire.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I think I'm mostly going to be watching baseball, but I hope something good happens on this show. Maybe I'll watch some of it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god AJ's bringing back the US Open Challenge. :swoon:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

man not even AJ can get the crowd behind of a "ur face is a monkey butt" joke

his delivery was too casual, you gotta go with the rock-style "since his FACE looks like a MONKEY'S rear end!!!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OH MY loving GODDDDD :aaa:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPADOO

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
This should be goooood

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i bet more than just cena comes out, we've had a lot of cena vs. AJ and rusev is feuding with him over nationalism

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Who could have seen this coming?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please don't be a fakeout pleasedon'tbeafakeout :pray:

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm down with bringing back the US Title Open Challenge!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

his delivery was too casual, you gotta go with the rock-style "since his FACE looks like a MONKEY'S rear end!!!"

yeah the Rock would have had the whole place on their feet for that dumb poo poo lol

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Styles/Cena US Title Open Challenge?

I can get behind that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
oh poo poo. :stare:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Not gonna lie, the IC belt might mean a little more if they handled it the way they do the US belt

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i mean i hope it IS cena vs. AJ without a gently caress finish but my suspect-o-meter is pinging

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Kuroyama posted:

Styles/Cena US Title Open Challenge?

I can get behind that.

I know, right!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RUN LIL NAITCH RUNNNNN!

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
AJ wants another chance to...

BEAT UP JOHN CENA!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i kinda expected rusev to come out in an undersized ref shirt

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
why is john cena here

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Please don't let Cena win

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please God don't fake this out, let them have a match!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Bill Goldberg posted:

why is john cena here

his time is now

bartok
May 10, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

i mean i hope it IS cena vs. AJ without a gently caress finish but my suspect-o-meter is pinging

me thinks we might get a tag match later playa

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha goddammit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well.

Interrupted by Rusev and KO, Rusev and KO vs. Cena and AJ is your main event tonight.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Surprised they're giving away this match now but I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
no dammit no

• Locked thread