Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

redneck nazgul posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

Just finished reading the game. This guy is scumbo as hell.
Care to elaborate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

redneck nazgul posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

Just finished reading the game. This guy is scumbo as hell.

Why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
jinx

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah really, why?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm so glad you all asked. First, I am revealing a HIDDEN BREADCRUMB

Hal Incandenza posted:

Always, but I am already besties with Jam so are you ok with being second besties?

This looks like an ordinary post, but let's look deeper.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Always, but I am already besties with Jam so are you ok with being second besties?

As you can see, if you look at the bolded letters in reverse order, it spells SCUM.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Way to ruin jokephase for the new guy.

But I'm down to get serious.

Secondly, he says that he's down to get serious. Serious in what, exactly?

Serious as in KILLING PEOPLE?

Judge for yourselves.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow, now it's so obvious.

Jam is scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I like you. :allears:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm awake

who's scum?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm awake

who's scum?

You.

In your first post of the game you say this:

This is exactly what a scum player would want us to think!

Therefore you're scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Night of the Living Jokephase

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I THOUGHT YOU SAID JOKEPHASE IS DEAD

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
When's the deadline again?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Now. :clint:

This is the part where I'd shoot you, but I'm not a vig, so you're just going to have to pretend that my joke makes sense.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

I THOUGHT YOU SAID JOKEPHASE IS DEAD

As long as I live on D1 Jokephase will never end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjs859UdKI

This is just as good, right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

As long as I live on D1 Jokephase will never end.

##vote YT

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

Now. :clint:

This is the part where I'd shoot you, but I'm not a vig, so you're just going to have to pretend that my joke makes sense.

If I had not just jokevoted YT I would jokevote this post. Who would vig a new player on D1? Only scum :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chaoslord posted:

If I had not just jokevoted YT I would jokevote this post. Who would vig a new player on D1? Only scum :colbert:
You no good, dirty, varmint! Draw!

:clint:

Dang nabbit, this thing won't fire.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

peramene posted:

i don't think fl is capable of rolling scum

i've been cursed by rng

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

14-ish hours from this post. There's an image in the OP that will show you the remaining time, which might help!

after a good night's sleep, jam's reaction to somber throwing a vote down still reads as super defensive to me, and while it feels like weak tea to make a d1 vote on it's also kinda the only game in town

##vote jam

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is it actually that close? Jesus.

Somber, how do you feel about the results of your content game? Was it a gut read you went hard on to provoke reactions, or was Jam chosen at random?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thinking on it, I really don't think scum Somber might be the kind of person who would shoulder in on a game with a bunch of new/rare players and expect them to take that as him being productive, rather than just scary.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's possible he's counting on getting by on force of personality, but this early? Nah. There's not enough people in this game who know him well enough to make that risk worth it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm not much of an artist but I tried:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PMush Perfect posted:

Thinking on it, I really don't think scum Somber might be the kind of person who would shoulder in on a game with a bunch of new/rare players and expect them to take that as him being productive, rather than just scary.

what are you even taaaaaaaaalking about???

i feel like you're working really really hard to play a different game than the one in front of me. here's the chain of events:

1. i throw shade at hog for his rng play, because that's something i did as new scum and i have seen done several times by scum. jam is incidentally implicated in the post where i call him out.

2. jam jumps on me, not hog. i think that's weird. he blows up a little and considering that i applied very little pressure in that post, that's weird.

3. i vote jam, jam gets more riled up until you successfully derail today's conversation.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Totally do not agree

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Is it actually that close? Jesus.

Yeah, it's a surprise to me also. I'll have to try and do something, don't want to lurk all of day 1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am going to be getting on a plane to Japan in a bit so I will probably have to put my vote somewhere and keep it there. I am still alright with my Somber vote right now but I am going to re-evaluate before I leave

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

It's possible he's counting on getting by on force of personality, but this early? Nah. There's not enough people in this game who know him well enough to make that risk worth it.

Thinking about it... with 100% sincerity...

It's quite possible that she's counting on getting by on force of personality. There's not enough people in this game who know her well enough to make that risk totally viable. Except for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk

"pmush"... you scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Confirming that I suck

Also that waking up to 200 joke vote posts suuuuccckkksss

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Jamuraan

...why does Jam dive in so hard? also, why would he be concerned about a 'chain lynch' unless hog actually was his scum bud? his internal logic doesn't make much sense if he is town.

sorry if I've missed responses to this question, Jam, but would you please answer it?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am going to be getting on a plane to Japan in a bit so I will probably have to put my vote somewhere and keep it there. I am still alright with my Somber vote right now but I am going to re-evaluate before I leave

not to be a total bitch but this would be a fantastic d1 scumplay against presumed-notscum somber - doesn't take that many votes to secure a lynch, a standing vote with the hope that some heads can be turned? I'm not voting somber today after this post????

and frankly if ya'll join hands and hang somber and then i nightdie, considere esto: hal scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hal does travel a shitload fwiw. he could well be scum but i don't think that's a deliberate scumplay, hal is a good sport.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
but yeah, if we could talk about the one actual argument going on that'd be cool? if someone has a better case, i'm down, but i'm hearing a lot of thumb-twiddling.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jamuraan posted:

one of the scummiest tells I've ever seen in a game on D1.

##vote Somberbrero

oh, god drat it, jam.

i was gonna get me an ear, too.

##vote Jamuraan

Somberbrero posted:

hal does travel a shitload fwiw. he could well be scum but i don't think that's a deliberate scumplay, hal is a good sport.

I do believe this is the case - merely publicly postulating. Always on the lookout for innovative scumplays.

also, calling cpig's lynch / kill gimmick is "[name], you suck" but duh obviously

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:argh:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
good loving god there's THIRT---

lol

THIRTEEN OF US; why is this poo poo moving so slowly

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

peramene posted:

good loving god there's THIRT---

lol

THIRTEEN OF US; why is this poo poo moving so slowly

every mafia player is born with a certain amount of posts in their heart, and when they run out, they die. that's why i post a lot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it's d1, what do you expect?

based on sombre's case, they must also believe that Hog is also scum, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

it's d1, what do you expect?

based on sombre's case, they must also believe that Hog is also scum, right?

that was the initial premise. again the reason i am suspicious of jam is because of his reaction to the initial case, which was disproportionate to the level of suspicion on him.

day one is only as useless as its players.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
mmmm people who overreact are scum? idk but Jam had also been on a losing streak so maybe I'm just more likely to overlooked their behavior.

This case is pretty meh for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jam strikes me an overreacter in general

• Locked thread