Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

this sucks.

##vote somber

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

GOD drat IT SOMBER meinberg

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jamuraan posted:

Are you autistic?

Rude

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Who wants to be friends?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

i dislike jokephase because im not funny to make jokes!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAA

:same:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

It's not about the jokes you say.

It's about the jokes in your heart.

I also have no jokes in my heart :smith:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I don't know if I watched s1, what happened

They all died :rip:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

As long as I live on D1 Jokephase will never end.

##vote YT

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

Now. :clint:

This is the part where I'd shoot you, but I'm not a vig, so you're just going to have to pretend that my joke makes sense.

If I had not just jokevoted YT I would jokevote this post. Who would vig a new player on D1? Only scum :colbert:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm not much of an artist but I tried:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:argh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna have some very rude words for scum team after the game for killing the new player N1.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

why would they kill a newbie? very suspicious.

My assumption is that it's a newer scumteam that doesn't know or doesn't care about how to treat first timers.

Like if Somber or Hal are scum and approved that move I'll be pretty cross with them.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

as far as nightkill spec goes i can really only see redneck or jedit pulling that. i dunno though, not going to chase it too hard.

Agree with the general sentiment that it's not really actionable. Just something that is frustrating to me to see so I can't not yell about it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wait why is deadline now? Didn't we just have one yesterday?

Sorry folks, worked 12 hours on my day off today. Anyone got anything I can read super fast?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote pera

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait what

gently caress I thought we had another 20 minutes

:rip:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

If there really is another 3P, they're explicitly going to do better by not posting than posting.

The rest of your post is true but lol at this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also, at least I didn't cause a no lynch :shrug:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

Hi, CL! Convenient of you to show up only after getting called out. Who's scum?

Yes, I decided not to post and instead wait until people asked why I wasn't posting to post. A Good Plan.

I don't know. Probably you. Need to read.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

OK I've got a headache and am gonna turn in. I'm setting an early alarm to try to get back to this.

If there is a Traditional Scum Team (which I personally doubt but may be in the minority of this opinion IDK) I believe this is MYLO. We're at 7, we have a mislynch (6), a poison death (5), and a nightkill (4) to come, which would presumably leave the game at 2 scum.

Other thing I have for right now: I don't think PMush is non-town. They were here posting at deadline when pera survived. The logical explanation is that they wanted pera alive. The logical conclusion from that is that PMush must not be town. I say this because, at that point, towns best move would have been a hammer to find out whereas I think the poisoner could have seen through what pera was putting out there. But the brazenness required to be here, posting, and having previously expressed a concern about the short deadline, and to then not hammer... I just... I love PMush, I really do, but I am not sure she is able to be that confident as a non-town.

I don't think it's jedit, either, since how short N1 was (yeah, I know, he could have pre loaded, but I have rarely actually see anyone do that, let alone on D1), so that leaves Hal and TM as the bad guys for me. I'll re-evaluate this bit in the morning.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jedit posted:

The problem with that is that the scum didn't want Pera alive. OK, neither did the Town, but there's no way scum wouldn't act to lynch a 3PK. Doubly so, if there's only two of them.

I'm making an assumption that the poisoner has some sort of complimentary ability like she had about the poisoner.

Knowing she is just going to the lunch target again the next day, and that you're immune, why wouldn't you want her to live one more night?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'd be pretty on board with a CL vote - I think I talked about why that would be back on day 2 and...well, see below.

because it's another night where you're not in danger of being voted

You were on me for missing a day and then you missed a day lol

Also the whole point is that pera would be the vote so youre safe form the next vote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Let me try saying it this way:

I think the poisoner would have known pera was full of it and as it became clear she was the vote for the day would have preferred it taking two days to lunch because if a reciprocal protection. But even if I'm wrong about that, the rest of this holds.

I think PMush not hammering pera is objectively the scummiest thing to happen in this game. I also do not think scum PMush would be so blatant about this. So I landed on town for her.

With YTs claim, the result on FL, and my beliefs wrt jedit and PMush, that only leaves two other folks in the game, and we are hunting down two kills.

Anyway, at the plant now. Unsure on this plants cell rules so I'll either be around shortly or not so shortly.

I'm assuming I'll probably be at claim range later on if the latter so I can just do it now, VT, nickel back.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

uhh what makes you say that?

Which part do you take offense to? The reciprocal protection part? It's an assumption, to be sure, but I feel like it's a safe one. I don't see why the arsonist would get a poison protect and the poisoner would not get an arson protection.

Well, I guess if the poisoner were on a mafia team, then sure, you could get away without having it.

I've come around on there being a scum team tbh. Probably just two goons. Goons get the bonus of being in an informed minority, and the 3ps gets a shot of bullet proof from the other basically.

That's a lot of set up spec for me to now say: Even if I'm just tilting at windmills with this and am completely wrong, I still think PMush is town because I don't think they would be so brazen with the deadline thing and all me being wrong really does from my seat is reintroduces FL and Jedit as possible candidates. I like FL for town anyway so that just makes it between you hal and jedit instead of just you and hal. So I'll read Jedit when I get a chance here shortly. Seems like I'm about done at the plant for the day :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

but I'd theoretically be behind a TM dunk if it's not MyLo.

Not that I want to weaken your ability to change your vote off of me, but it's safest to assume this is MYLO

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know why you would think that the poisoner would know pera is full of poo poo. that's assuming that the poisoner is scum instead of 3rd party and honestly, that's a bit presumptuous.

I mean, when you first started quoting me about all this stuff my opinion was that there is no scum team so I don't know what to say to this. I still don't think the poisoner is scum which I thought I made clear in my post when I said

chaoslord posted:

I've come around on there being a scum team tbh. Probably just two goons. Goons get the bonus of being in an informed minority, and the 3ps gets a shot of bullet proof from the other basically.

It was my fault for floating a hypothetical of "why would the poisoner not have arsonist protection?" That was the only way I had poisoner on scum team, and I've said it across like all my posts recently that I'm assuming the poisoner does have a shot of arsonist protect

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jedit posted:

Got confirmation of this, then? I suggested it, but that was before we knew Somber could block multiple kills.

Nah. I said I am making an assumption earlier in the post

quote:

The reciprocal protection part? It's an assumption, to be sure

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm not digging this case because it's bad

like there's no "here's some posts, tm sure is scummy" but literally "HEY HERE IS A LIST OF TOWNIES THAT LEAVES HAL AND TM AS SCUM"

useless setup spec and a case that's basically "uhh let's kill these two via default lol"

seriously, I'm not a fan of cl not posting for so long and then suddenly coming in trying to persuade that the ONLY CHOICES HAS TO BE TM OR HAL. How can I argue against that? he's lurking scum going for the end push.

##vote ChaosLord

I am willing to bet there is almost a word for word carbon copy post in USMNT. You were wrong then and you're wrong now, sorry TM. I guess you're gonna be my new Murmur Twin. At a certain point mafia has an element of "who's left?" USMNT showed that. You would have never voted Kasu if I wasn't able to demonstrate that he was about all that was left that could logically be the choice. I will probably be the lynch today and that's because I got busy and didn't participate and that's how the cookie crumbles. But if this isn't MYLO (and I think it is because I now think there is a scum team, but if my original 3 3p factions thought is right then it isn't), then I would like my thoughts to be on the record. And I didn't have scum reads so I wasn't going to force one. However, I have "here is the game from my seat." So, my options were a) not post until I finished getting a good read, which then I would have even less posts so you would be pushing "CL lurk" even harder or b) post what few thoughts I had, which you are going to push as "not playing". Again, it is my fault for not having the time I was supposed to have when I signed up, but unless I was willing to make up opinions there was no way for me to look positive to you, so you can stop with the "How can I argue against that?" because there's nothing I can fight against with what you're saying, either. "He's posting now when he didn't earlier" "I was busy with work" "Yeah right"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Anyway, finished reading, here's what I want to do

##vote Hal

Tunneled somber with ~meta~ that he couldn't defend, defended jam with things such as "scum almost never melt down like that" despite having just been scum in a game where kasu melted down HARD (and I know, I know, "almost never", but it was so recent that to use it as a data point to defend jam is nonsense, combined with I just completely disagree that "scum almost never melt down like that") and a case where jam didn't like somber because his tone came across as too "town leadery", and Hal walked "I dont know if pera is lying or not" all the way to not making it for deadline. Most of Hal's posts about pera seem to be expressing doubt about her claim but he concludes "I don't necessarily think we should take her out tonight"

Like these two are before the full bounty hunter claim

Hal Incandenza posted:

And now pera suspicion

Hal Incandenza posted:

What the hell is this post even.

Then the claim and

Hal Incandenza posted:

<snip>
Heck, if I believe pera (which I don't know that to think)
<snip>

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hard to buy that the SK, assassin (what is that again) and ninja all hit the same person last night

Hal Incandenza posted:

Please elaborate on how you are a counter... do you have any power besides your vote and knowledge of these supposed 3rd party people

I'll admit this post may be a stretch for "casts doubt" but in the context of the rest of the posts I read it as a doubting as they ask

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's still possible pera is lying, even if some of what she is saying is true. What if she is part of a team with all those powers and is just trying to take credit for it? What is she is a one-person team who can use multiple powers every night?

Like the whole breadcrumb thing makes no sense to me so that isn't really swaying me.

I don't necessarily think we should take her out tonight, but people that are just like "ah well all must be true and she's helping town" seem a little naive. I've seen equally spectacular fake-claims in my day.

So, Hal has suspicion, doubts the breadcrumb, doubts the multiple killing roles in the claim, points out she might be lying, and then doesn't see a reason to put a vote down. I don't see anything in Hal's posting to show him believing any part of pera's claim, his posts are very much geared towards unbelief, but then he never does anything with it.

Anyway, if I were going to make a case on TM, the biggest point for me would be him using Somber's opinion on pera shifting as part of his case whereas TM went from thinking pera's claim was hella fake to voting somber in what, 2 hours? That's bad but I think this stuff with Hal w/r/t pera is worse.

If I were going to make a case on Jedit, it'd be mostly that he wasn't reading my posts before deciding to snipe but I only say that because he's on my list of potentials and it'd be a stretch. I think he's town.

Anyway, going to dinner now. I've already claimed so do what y'all need to do.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jedit posted:

Chaoslord also being inconsistent:

This paragraph starts by saying PMush is Town, then explains why their actions are not what a Townie would do, then basically wraps up by saying "... but PMush is special".

The explanation of why PMush is non-Town also doesn't fly; as I've said before, scum also have a vested interest in killing 3PKs. I'm not sure if this is Chaoslord trying to cast shade on Town PMush or to deflect it from scumbro PMush, but it doesn't feel good either way.

Yeah, it's a case of "too scummy to be scum" for me. The action imo screams "I am scum", her being here but not hammering at deadline is the most scummy thing any player left alive has done imo, but I just can't see PMush doing that as scum. :shrug:

Ok dinner for real.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jedit posted:

It wasn't scummy. Nor was it pro-Town. Nobody benefited from Pera not being lynched on day 2 except Pera.

##vote Chaoslord

That no lynch absolutely benefitted, at a minimum, the poisoner. I don't know how that's debatable.

Had it been an apathy no lunch? That's one thing. But she got to -1 and I feel confident she would have been lunched the next day even without her spilling the beans on her actual role. Especially in a game where one killing role is a poisoner. An extra night where there's no chance the poisoner goes on the voting block? 10/10 take it every time

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

if you make a case that I can argue against, I wouldn't be so annoyed. Like flip your perspective, how would you argue if you were in position and you were given a case that was basically "I think all these people are town and thus, I think we should kill these people."

Like I said in that post, I'm basically in that situation with you right now. Your case on me is "oh how convenient for CL to show up, he just scum lurker." I can't argue against that except to say "nah uh". There's no way arguing against it, it just becomes a matter of trying to demonstrate why it's not you/me. It's not fair or fu, no, but again, the numbers game can be useful. We both saw that in usmnt, hal and Kasu were 100% "who's left?", not muchon anything scummy they did

It's not the end all be all, no, which is why I then went and made a case, but it was a jumping off point for me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe pmush was busy

I showed up like fifteen minutes before deadline and asked for summaries and PMush posted. She had previously posted surprise about the deadline. With it being X:30 deadline I'm not sure how she thought it was (X+1) instead, but stuff happens. The actions tell me she is not Town (probably poisoner), the meta tells me she is Town, I'm goin with my gut over my head.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:rip: cpig I guess

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Never letting "too scummy to be scum" go again. FFS :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

First SK win! :toot:

I can't believe you killed the new player N1!

• Locked thread