Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
claiming vacuum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Just realized the thread title is missing a colon

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

That sucks.

Signing up to play myself. PMing credentials.
I swear to God, if we get scum together again, I think the entire community will collapse into an altar of worship around us.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

People who are most concerned with shitposting.

Like me!
:respek:

I still have yet to have the experience of making GBS threads a literal post, and I want to know who to file my complaint with. Is there a committee?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Feels weird to see Somber come out this hard this early with such a weak case. I feel like this is probably a content game, I don't think scum Somber would draw this much attention to himself.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

i signed up to play mafia.

you honestly see nothing scummy about jam's behavior in that exchange?
No.

But that feels defensive.

Jamuraan posted:

Are you autistic?
And that's just kinda lovely.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

Just finished reading the game. This guy is scumbo as hell.
Care to elaborate?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I like you. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Night of the Living Jokephase

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

When's the deadline again?
Now. :clint:

This is the part where I'd shoot you, but I'm not a vig, so you're just going to have to pretend that my joke makes sense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjs859UdKI

This is just as good, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chaoslord posted:

If I had not just jokevoted YT I would jokevote this post. Who would vig a new player on D1? Only scum :colbert:
You no good, dirty, varmint! Draw!

:clint:

Dang nabbit, this thing won't fire.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is it actually that close? Jesus.

Somber, how do you feel about the results of your content game? Was it a gut read you went hard on to provoke reactions, or was Jam chosen at random?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thinking on it, I really don't think scum Somber might be the kind of person who would shoulder in on a game with a bunch of new/rare players and expect them to take that as him being productive, rather than just scary.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's possible he's counting on getting by on force of personality, but this early? Nah. There's not enough people in this game who know him well enough to make that risk worth it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

After a few hours sleep, I'm starting to come around on Somber's case.

Response to a jokevote, pretty standard.

Jamuraan posted:

I'm vanilla town, your vote on me is meaningless, just like existence.
This post was at most a minute later,

Jamuraan posted:

Cool projection and lynch chaining, scumbo.
I feel like this could have been a jokey response, but...

Jamuraan posted:

Are you autistic?
Namecalling? Really lovely namecalling at that? At someone who named three people as scummy, and hadn't even voted on him?

The more I contextualize his first few post, and the more I read his responses, the worse he starts to look. I'll go into more detail if anyone wants, but let's be real, nobody reads long posts. I'd almost say Jam looks like a defensive newbie town, but he is definitely not a newbie. This is probably as good of a D1 case as we're going to get.

##vote Jamuraan

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

On a mostly unrelated note: Hi, Jam. I don't know if we've ever played a game together before. What are your pronouns? Actually, what are everyone's pronouns? There's a few of you I haven't played with, and I'm sure someone isn't certain about at least one of us. I use she/her! (but I have a dick and make a lot of shitposts about it)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Question: From a metagame point of view, is that really a behavior that you want to reward? Is the doubt that he's not scum worth encouraging this in the future when he wants to look town?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To put it another way: "It's okay that he's being a lovely person because he's always a lovely person" may be technically accurate, but in a situation like this where there's some doubt, I'm going to err on the side of "stop being lovely".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Who are we referring to?
Jam calling someone autistic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm not sure what this is supposed to convey here.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

Neither of you took the time to name Somber in your posts.
Somber's a cool guy, but "he called Somber autistic" implies that I was offended for Somber's sake, in a "he did something mean to someone I like" way. Nah, using autistic as an insult is lovely in any context.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

Not liking this train of thought much. It's using a non-game (or at best "future meta") argument to justify a push. You don't vote someone just because they're Town-aligned Shithead or because you don't like them personally.
I also think he's being defensive and scummy, I'm just saying that "he's always a lovely person" is not a defense, either for being either lovely, or scummy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

I was actually saying his post sounded like that of an autistic person.

PMush Perfect posted:

Nah, using autistic as an insult is lovely in any context.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##unvote

poo poo. I think Jam's a jester.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You know what? gently caress it, don't care. This is going to quickly become an actively unpleasant game to play if Jam keeps acting like this. I say kill him and risk the 3P.

##vote Jamuraan

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, poo poo. Not scum, still an rear end in a top hat, still don't totally regret it. At least it's gonna give us a little more information in regards to reactions than a normal D1 misdunk might.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Retro Futurist kinda came in pretty quick with the hammer. Not sure what to think about it
A part of me wants to be very suspicious of it, but honestly, too much of me right now is just glad that Jam's gone. Making it a little hard to see his posts in the context of playing the game (and thus, everyone else's responses to them as such).

I gotta work tomorrow, but I'll try to reread the thread during my breaks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dude.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gotta agree with Jedit on both counts, honestly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

gently caress off, Hal, if I had a dollar for every time I've been lynched as scum over just a perceived meltdown I'd have (adds up) $3.50.

No, do chase it. You don't get to call out two specific people for picking an NK target then drop it without any explanation.
Mafia Edit For New Page: These counts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Good morning.

Hi, Hall! Do you have feelings about yesterday besides smugness on being right? Who do you think might have used an Ecco Gambit as cover?

I'd very much like to hear from RF today, and he's my knee jerk vote choice. As much as I agreed with the sentiment, his vote was rather silent and suspicious and if memory serves, Lurking Scum Opop has won games before.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I never heard of the ecco gambit before now but holy gently caress, my policy for life.

YOU KNOW WHOS LURKING

redneck
In this situation I feel like it served the greater good because he would have dominated discussion for the rest of the game with that behavior, but I will also admit I have personal reasons for being particularly put out by "are you autistic" being used the same way someone would use "an idiot".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If something happened, I would like to hear about it, pera said something yesterday about thinking the game was not standard?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fair. Not gonna ask for a claim, just wanna hear her elaborate on what she meant.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus Christ, deadline is tonight? I thought it was tomorrow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sufferer?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Whatever you've got, pera, you're past the point of being cagey. I just played scum with you our last game together, I know exactly how good you are at making up a story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No one else claim anything yet, please.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

Cool.

As obnoxiously breadcrumbed yesterday, I am third party but prefer to be town-aligned. As not-completely-breadcrumbed-but-I-was-working-on-it, I'm a bounty hunter. I win by securing the deaths of third party killers and then there's a list of five total 3p killing roles.

Arsonist, Assassin, Ninja, Poisoner, and Serial Killer.

I don't want to come out and say "these five assholes are here; from the PM and flavor of "somebody blocking the aisle at a supermarket," it seems to me far more likely that only some of these powers are here and I'm trying to identify which and what and who they've been used on. My PM doesn't explicitly state I have to win with town but that I can, and obviously that's much easier.

I was being cagey to try to draw out information to use to this end.
what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

[We were told the game was going to be nightphase-simple, and since v. early day one I've been saying that is not the case.] There are multiple killing parties and potentially multiple counters to those killing parties. [I am such a counter] Poisoner is on my list. There are some others on my list, and with the number of... targets that have claimed, poo poo is going to get very real tomorrow.

[If they are poisoned,] Somber and RF are going to be dead... at the conclusion of the next night phase - assuming this poisoner works the same way the [SA Mafia] wiki describes. I've never played with either a poisoner or [bounty hunter] before.

Does that help?
[Are the brackets supposed to mean something]

• Locked thread