Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

chaoslord posted:

Which part do you take offense to? The reciprocal protection part? It's an assumption, to be sure, but I feel like it's a safe one. I don't see why the arsonist would get a poison protect and the poisoner would not get an arson protection.

Well, I guess if the poisoner were on a mafia team, then sure, you could get away without having it.

I've come around on there being a scum team tbh. Probably just two goons. Goons get the bonus of being in an informed minority, and the 3ps gets a shot of bullet proof from the other basically.

That's a lot of set up spec for me to now say: Even if I'm just tilting at windmills with this and am completely wrong, I still think PMush is town because I don't think they would be so brazen with the deadline thing and all me being wrong really does from my seat is reintroduces FL and Jedit as possible candidates. I like FL for town anyway so that just makes it between you hal and jedit instead of just you and hal. So I'll read Jedit when I get a chance here shortly. Seems like I'm about done at the plant for the day :toot:

Got confirmation of this, then? I suggested it, but that was before we knew Somber could block multiple kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Flying Leatherman posted:

If people think this is mylo, have we considered benefits and drawbacks of a mass claim?

There are no benefits. Every dead Townie apart from Somber has been vanilla, it's trivial to fake claim.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I need to go to bed shortly and I really don't want to do it without voting. Give me your thoughts on this:

Tired Moritz posted:

you know, with pera confirmed as A BIG FAT LIAR, we have no proof that there's a scum team at all.

this could really be a town vs 3p game.

I wished Somber told us who they doc'd earlier, that would had been a nice lead.

Pera's lie was that the game was infested with 3Ps. How does this being a lie reduce the likelihood of there being a scum team?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Chaoslord also being inconsistent:

chaoslord posted:

Other thing I have for right now: I don't think PMush is non-town. They were here posting at deadline when pera survived. The logical explanation is that they wanted pera alive. The logical conclusion from that is that PMush must not be town. I say this because, at that point, towns best move would have been a hammer to find out whereas I think the poisoner could have seen through what pera was putting out there. But the brazenness required to be here, posting, and having previously expressed a concern about the short deadline, and to then not hammer... I just... I love PMush, I really do, but I am not sure she is able to be that confident as a non-town.

This paragraph starts by saying PMush is Town, then explains why their actions are not what a Townie would do, then basically wraps up by saying "... but PMush is special".

The explanation of why PMush is non-Town also doesn't fly; as I've said before, scum also have a vested interest in killing 3PKs. I'm not sure if this is Chaoslord trying to cast shade on Town PMush or to deflect it from scumbro PMush, but it doesn't feel good either way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Yeah, it's a case of "too scummy to be scum" for me. The action imo screams "I am scum", her being here but not hammering at deadline is the most scummy thing any player left alive has done imo, but I just can't see PMush doing that as scum. :shrug:

Ok dinner for real.

It wasn't scummy. Nor was it pro-Town. Nobody benefited from Pera not being lynched on day 2 except Pera.

##vote Chaoslord

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

If we last the night, I think we need to be asking who the worst scum hunter is because the poisoner really has been loving terrible at it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Knew what?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Well that's OK, we're now at the point where knowing someone is Town tells us where the scum is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I feel sick.

YT, I take it that you had a night result?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I should add, not that I should need to add, that nobody should vote for YT until we've heard what he has to say. This is pretty much guaranteed LYLO and anything he can say, even a lie, is better than nothing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

You lived because I'm a backup Doctor.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

sorry, you know what? I don't believe YT/Jedit's claim. It's mighty convenient and JUST HAPPENS TO "clear" TWO PEOPLE in MYLO?

Had YT had any results that clear'd or gave us any useful information for town? All they had been doing is tooting their horn claiming that everyone that got lynched is obvious town. Easy to say when you're scum

##vote YT

I will never fall for any fake claims ever again.

Funny how every time it gets narrowed down to two people, one of whom is you, you go off on the accuser instead of taking the logical path of finding reasons for it to be the person who isn't you.

Here's a thing. Someone got poisoned every night, and the Doc is dead. If I'm lying, why did nobody die of poison last night?

Here's another thing. There's an SK/NK and a Poisoner out there that we know for certain, and the SK/NK hit. Either the Poisoner is not scum and withheld for no reason, or the Poisoner is scum and withheld when not withholding would have won him the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Let's carry on, shall we.

I am at this stage certain that there is no scum team. If there is, then the game sits at Poisoner, two scum - probably including a ninja - me as Backup Doc and one VT. I think this is Town vs 3P as TM suggested here:

Tired Moritz posted:

you know, with pera confirmed as A BIG FAT LIAR, we have no proof that there's a scum team at all.

this could really be a town vs 3p game.

I wished Somber told us who they doc'd earlier, that would had been a nice lead.

So we have this post:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I goddamn knew it.

Which obviously refers to tracking Hal to nowhere. Now, I am not at this stage assuming that YT is telling the truth about being Tracker, but one thing I do know for a fact is that he's not the Poisoner because my NAPM told me I had prevented an attack on him. The SK struck elsewhere, therefore he was poisoned as he claims. I also know (because my claim is true) that this means YT made that post to no gain. Because he didn't know I was able to save him, he would have been faking a result which he would never have been able to supply anyway. If he's the SK then there's zero profit to that because he'd already lost, if he's not then there's also no profit because the SK was never going to target a poison victim. From my perspective, therefore, YT has to be taken at face value.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

there's no proof that YT even was poisoned.

There's proof that nobody else was, because they would be dead.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

This confuses me - how do you figure that? We know there's a poisoner in the game. Is the assertion here that you think they withheld?

Not only that they withheld, but that they withheld to set up a deception when not withholding won them the game outright. That said, looking at it it's not possible for Town to win this game anyway now unless we lynch the SK today, or no lynch and the SK kills the Poisoner tonight.

One amusing possibility is that there is a triangle of reciprocal protection: the Arsonist was one-shot poison-proof, the SK is one-shot fireproof and the Poisoner is one-shot BP. If that's the case, then the SK knows who the Poisoner must be if his N2 target has flipped.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So the only option TM has now is that Jedit is scum and I'm scum and we're a scum tracker/poisoner combo and there's an SK in the game as well.

No, there's another option: that I'm telling the truth and you're the SK who genuinely was poisoned. It only took a gamble on saying FL went nowhere, which you did after the Doc flipped. Yours are the only options that involve me being scum, but that's going to be moot after tonight.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I dont think so, though. YT'd also have to gamble on there being a backup protection mechanic, else what's the plan for surviving past last night?

I think it's more likely that both you and YT aren't lying.

Exactly, I already said that.

I'm close to certain on that basis that TM is a bad guy. Problem is, I think he's Poisoner.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm going to ask you once again: if YT was not poisoned last night, who was?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

So what you're saying is that scum, faced with the choice of winning the game on the spot or dragging it out to trick you, went for the latter.

gently caress off.

##vote Tired Moritz

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I think the day will end before I wake up, which means I will end, so should the game not end as well I think PMush is the other bad guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Welp, at least it's gratifying to be right about two things. There was a reciprocal protection cycle in the 3PKs, and the Poisoner was the biggest idiot in the game.

• Locked thread