Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Just realized the thread title is missing a colon

That sucks.

Signing up to play myself. PMing credentials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
loving somber beat me to it by a goddamn minute

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

i mean some amount of suck is healthy, but man.

i guess i should admit that i got confused and thought this was succ mafia.

GOD drat IT SOMBER

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

people who try to shut jokephase tends to be town from my experience

quoting for relevance and hilarity, somebody tag pmom

Cpig lied, night phase is going to be a loving nightmare

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
pmush scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

scum post from good friend fly leather

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo I meant to get everybody but time for my wife's appointment don't worry I'll be back to get everybody else

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

poo poo I meant to get everybody but time for my wife's appointment don't worry I'll be back to get everybody else

likely story.

typical scum pera

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Also I swore to myself ages ago that my first ever vote would be based on the random thing picker

So uh ##vote Jamuraan

sorry man

Literally never saw survivor s1 = scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jamuraan posted:

I'm vanilla town, your vote on me is meaningless, just like existence.

nihilism is scummy. scum post

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SCUM

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

i signed up to play mafia.

scumberbrero

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Is that the one where they're on an island

I mean, yeah.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
A rich white gay guy got naked and """invented""" alliances and then turned the women on each other, one of them was willing to let the other die of dehydration.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I got tired and I don't wanna do anymore. Everybody is scum. That sucks. I solved the game. cpigg

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

Nah

I'll play a bit more fleshed out tomorrow after a nights sleep, but that was a serious observation characterizing that post

if it wasn't obvious, all of my above scumscumscum posts are jokes

i don't think fl is capable of rolling scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

It's possible he's counting on getting by on force of personality, but this early? Nah. There's not enough people in this game who know him well enough to make that risk worth it.

Thinking about it... with 100% sincerity...

It's quite possible that she's counting on getting by on force of personality. There's not enough people in this game who know her well enough to make that risk totally viable. Except for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk

"pmush"... you scum?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Jamuraan

...why does Jam dive in so hard? also, why would he be concerned about a 'chain lynch' unless hog actually was his scum bud? his internal logic doesn't make much sense if he is town.

sorry if I've missed responses to this question, Jam, but would you please answer it?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am going to be getting on a plane to Japan in a bit so I will probably have to put my vote somewhere and keep it there. I am still alright with my Somber vote right now but I am going to re-evaluate before I leave

not to be a total bitch but this would be a fantastic d1 scumplay against presumed-notscum somber - doesn't take that many votes to secure a lynch, a standing vote with the hope that some heads can be turned? I'm not voting somber today after this post????

and frankly if ya'll join hands and hang somber and then i nightdie, considere esto: hal scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jamuraan posted:

one of the scummiest tells I've ever seen in a game on D1.

##vote Somberbrero

oh, god drat it, jam.

i was gonna get me an ear, too.

##vote Jamuraan

Somberbrero posted:

hal does travel a shitload fwiw. he could well be scum but i don't think that's a deliberate scumplay, hal is a good sport.

I do believe this is the case - merely publicly postulating. Always on the lookout for innovative scumplays.

also, calling cpig's lynch / kill gimmick is "[name], you suck" but duh obviously

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
good loving god there's THIRT---

lol

THIRTEEN OF US; why is this poo poo moving so slowly

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

To put it another way: "It's okay that he's being a lovely person because he's always a lovely person" may be technically accurate, but in a situation like this where there's some doubt, I'm going to err on the side of "stop being lovely".

##unvote

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to convey here.

Yes, you are. I echo FL's post.

Jamuraan posted:

Sorry if my autistic comment rubs anyone the wrong way, it was a joke.

Regardless of wincon, you need to not lurk right now. This isn't an apology.

PMush Perfect posted:

Jam calling someone autistic.

Neither of you took the time to name Somber in your posts.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Also sus is peramene's line calling Cpig a liar which seemed to come out of nowhere

Hi, I'm Sara. I had a funny reply and forgot to hit post.

My role PM indicates mechanics which I don't feel lend themselves to simple night phases, which is counter to cpig's stated goal.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Reasons! Worry not.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Making me look like an rear end in a top hat

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

##unvote

poo poo. I think Jam's a jester.

Like this? On day one?

Ugh. If so, this is a most unrefined and rather obtuse playstyle.

But then you're right back on?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"they're voting me for no reason!"

"HERE'S SEVENTY REASONS TO VOTE BIG J"

'have we considered that maybe he--'

"HERE'S THREE MORE"

'I'm bitterly not voting J because out of game ethics have n--'

"JUST TRY AND loving STOP ME"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Looking forward to seeing what a thread open at night looks like.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Jam being town is not a surprise to me. It was obvious he was being an rear end in a top hat but that did not mean he was scum. Neither am I surprised they ended up on the chopping block.

opportunistic and snipey pera agrees

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
drat it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody else?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

my gut is gurgling in pera's general direction but i haven't nailed down why exactly that is yet.

I know why! And speaking of: redneck nazgul was the other person who claims something happened to them, so I would like to please ask we not lynch either them or Somber.

Would either of you be willing to clarify more on what exactly happened to you? Anything descriptive that might be meaningful in the context of what exactly happened? (I tole u night woul be complic8d; u no lissen but i tole u)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress me and my formatting edits -- Please do not lynch redneck nazgul nor Somber, tia.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

I think Pera might have mixed me and RN up

This is the case. Retracting request not to lynch nazgul and instead placing request on Retro's head. I had the thought that I should've doublechecked but then a wave of :effort: overcame me and I bet on my memory.

I was trying to be shady enough to get somebody to do something stupid, since that's really the only card in my wheelhouse, and instead did something stupid out of impatience.

As a result, I think it's quite fair to demand I give this up earlier than I'd have liked to:

I believe both Somber and RF will be dead shortly, and that nothing we do can stop that. So in addition to just, lol, a wasted lynch, lynching either of them robs us of the ability to a) confirm their claim via their deaths; b) confirm my claim (it is rather outlandish and will require said proof anyway) c) there might be more intel in the way Somber and RF die, if nothing else, so let's not lynch them and lose it. Future sufferers should not claim in order to potentially draw the scumkill?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Somber, I get that game is on and we're both as liable to be lying again etc whatever - not only would I never, nobody who had an ounce of skill ever would. Brand newbies are town liabilities, you want them around no matter what your alignment is. Whoever ordered that kill shot themselves in the foot.

idk, someone who is suffering? dying?

...you trying to get me to start listing what ways they might be dying, mush?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

Uh Pera are you saying you poisoned me?

No. Can you tell from your PM that it was poison?

[also god drat it opop we've known each other a year give me my lowercase p]

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

What are you claiming to know here, Pera?

This game is not simple. Nightphase is very complicated. There are multiple killing parties and potentially multiple counters to those killing parties. Poisoner is on my list. There are some others on my list, and with the number of - okay, mush - TARGETS that have claimed, poo poo is going to get very real tomorrow.

Assuming they're being honest, Somber and RF are going to be dead. If it's poison, that means they'll be dead at the conclusion of the next night phase - assuming this poisoner works the same way the wiki describes. I've never played with either a poisoner or one of my role before.

Jedit posted:

##vote peramene

I don't believe her claim.

I've fallen for this trick before - I'm happy to claim explicitly, but I don't think it's a good idea and it might very well have some plum-deadly consequences.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

You just told me I was probably going to die

okay

I'm rubbing my eyes here because assuming poison would be SO in-character for you, but now that we're here -- did you assume poison or is it poison?

I have a number of other potential killing methods on my list.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Cool.

As obnoxiously breadcrumbed yesterday, I am third party but prefer to be town-aligned. As not-completely-breadcrumbed-but-I-was-working-on-it, I'm a bounty hunter. I win by securing the deaths of third party killers and then there's a list of five total 3p killing roles.

Arsonist, Assassin, Ninja, Poisoner, and Serial Killer.

I don't want to come out and say "these five assholes are here; from the PM and flavor of "somebody blocking the aisle at a supermarket," it seems to me far more likely that only some of these powers are here and I'm trying to identify which and what and who they've been used on. My PM doesn't explicitly state I have to win with town but that I can, and obviously that's much easier.

I was being cagey to try to draw out information to use to this end.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

What the hell is this post even.

[We were told the game was going to be nightphase-simple, and since v. early day one I've been saying that is not the case.] There are multiple killing parties and potentially multiple counters to those killing parties. [I am such a counter] Poisoner is on my list. There are some others on my list, and with the number of... targets that have claimed, poo poo is going to get very real tomorrow.

[If they are poisoned,] Somber and RF are going to be dead... at the conclusion of the next night phase - assuming this poisoner works the same way the [SA Mafia] wiki describes. I've never played with either a poisoner or [bounty hunter] before.

Does that help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Incidentally, since I was doing my best not to give it away - since Somber mentioned "something happening" to him.

It's conceivable that Somber could be lying, but I don't think anybody brought up the question of 3p killers before he said he'd been targeted (and I'm gonna doublecheck that atm.) So I'm inclined to think not. That opop also claims to have experienced a something, presuming both are being honest because why the gently caress would they lie about that this early, and the wording of the nightkill flip, I am feeling like there are more 3p killers than I initially anticipated and am very much regretting saying anything.

PMush Perfect posted:

[Are the brackets supposed to mean something]

(This is how edits are done in professional writing, I was replacing things from the original with clearer phrasings - I was hoping)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hard to buy that the SK, assassin (what is that again) and ninja all hit the same person last night

That is not my assertion, and this sort of misdirection is exactly what I was afraid of -- I do not believe all roles are represented, I believe I am meant to figure out which ones are active.

• Locked thread