Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/341269-campaign-committee-for-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-filed-with-fec posted:

A campaign committee has formally filed to draft actor and former WWE wrestler Dwayne The Rock Johnson for president.

Run the Rock 2020, the name of the official organization, was filed on behalf of Johnson with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on Sunday, according to FEC records.

The paperwork was filed by a man named Kenton Tilford under a West Virginia address. Tilford's connection to Johnson and his motivation for filing the organization is not clear.

Johnson has long joked about a White House bid, playing a buff Obama on "Saturday Night Live" and standing in front of podium labeled The Rock Johnson 2020 on the show in May. But he revealed earlier this year that his run is a real possibility.

In an interview with GQ in May, he spoke about how he would take on Trumps policies, adding that he would like to see better leadership, responsibility and poise from the Oval Office.

The actor spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2000 and attended the Democratic National Convention the same year. He has said that he is registered as an Independent.

Would the Rock make a good (for a given value of "good", taking into account Trump's garbage fire presidency) US President?

What new catch-phrases will he come up with during his campaign rallies?

How many Presidents in a row could the US elect who had taken a Stunner from Steve Austin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Rock is a mixed race republican. He'd be awful but competent, as opposed to awful and openly proving his own corruption.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If the people of the USA actually elect Dwayne "The "loving" Rock" Johnson as POTUS, all of your sins will be forgiven, forever

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Rock heard that America wanted some strudel

*fast forward to the inauguration*

"Now, you pieces of trash, you work your candy asses off day after day after day 9 to 5 for minimum wage. Well, The Rock did what The Rock had to do to get to the top of the world and that is him standing smack dab in the middle of the Corporate White House, your United States President."

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
gently caress it, why not?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jack Anderson posted:

gently caress it, why not?

Yeah after 2016, I figure all bets are off so why the hell not :shrug:

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit too soon? Will the American people trust a man with no political background at all TWICE? If Sanders runs then it will be a uphill struggle but a Sanders/Rock VP ticket sounds both insane and a good call at the same time. They can be called The People's Champions. I can see maybe 2024 or something but on the other hand it's the freaking Rock.

Or maybe.. Just maybe.. Jesse Ventura and The Rock.

What has happened to your political system.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Rock is a mixed race republican. He'd be awful but competent, as opposed to awful and openly proving his own corruption.
He would get Milkshake Duck so hard

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'm actually kinda semi-serious when I say he should pick Mick Foley as VP.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, because insane celebrity actor Republicans as President have led to fantastic results in America, and not a single war crime at all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I suppose the precedent for an entertainer as President was set by Reagan, not Trump, so it's not like it was unheard of before 2016 anyway.

Besides, Trump's connection to WWE was a guest spot, so it's not quite Idiocracy yet. President Camacho was the Ultimate Smackdown Champion, so The Rock would be his direct allegory. We're just that one step away from a chain burger joint called Buttfuckers.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

America must be destroyed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
the only good thing that would come of this is that he'd probably get samoa the right to vote, unless he's a complete sellout. so, probably not, actually

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I want him to run, just for the debates

Dear God, it would be amazing

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

America must be destroyed.

:yeah:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The Rock is my ultimate fear, a Republican with the charisma of Barack to hide a lot his shittier policies

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
It's a great idea provided he changes his name to Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

The Rock is my ultimate fear, a Republican with the charisma of Barack to hide a lot his shittier policies

That's the thing, he absolutely believes that hard work will always pay off and the welfare state is just holding people back from realizing their dreams. Wealth is a disease.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

save us john

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Yes, because insane celebrity actor Republicans as President have led to fantastic results in America, and not a single war crime at all.

Hey Ronnie Reagan ensured that Newspaper Spider-Man kept being published. For that alone he should be on Mount Rushmore.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ronald Reagan died on my birthday and it was the best present I have ever had

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

save us john

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they ran into each other at the Daytona 500 not a fundraiser

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

they ran into each other at the Daytona 500 not a fundraiser

Oh ok.

save us john

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

That's the thing, he absolutely believes that hard work will always pay off and the welfare state is just holding people back from realizing their dreams. Wealth is a disease.
More and more history has shown that the Reformation was a mistake and that the bullshit Puritan/Protestant work ethic has infected this country to its core; clearly my ancestors didn't do enough in the 30 years war.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

I want him to run, just for the debates

Dear God, it would be amazing

D"TR"J: How does the Democratic party try to tell the American people that they can make this country better with a tax policy which has been shown time and time again to stifle business and entrepreneurship?

Hillary: Well the

D"TR"J: IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY TRIES TO TELL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN MAKE THIS COUNTRY BETTER WITH A TAX POLICY WHICH HAS BEEN SHOWN TIME AND TIME AGAIN TO STIFLE BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Oh ok.

save us john

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdK8hBkR3s

He already did an amazing political ad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

I suppose the precedent for an entertainer as President was set by Reagan, not Trump, so it's not like it was unheard of before 2016 anyway.

Besides, Trump's connection to WWE was a guest spot, so it's not quite Idiocracy yet. President Camacho was the Ultimate Smackdown Champion, so The Rock would be his direct allegory. We're just that one step away from a chain burger joint called Buttfuckers.

Reagan was at least governor of California before becoming president

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Byolante posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdK8hBkR3s

He already did an amazing political ad

Until I see his views on keynesian economics I'm witholding judgement.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Oh ok.

save us john

He's a white middle class suburban Massachusetts boy, became rich, openly hero worships his boss the best friend of Trump and has dozens of vintage cars.

I don't think he was a Bernie Bro, is what I'm saying.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

John Cena was on Hannity as a panelist on the Great American Panel segment.

Next topic is about Presidents Obamas Aunt who is in the U.S. illegally. Cena said that she is here illegally and agrees that she needs to be deported.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:laffo: that is loving awful but now i'm morbidly curious to see footage and also for dc to burn

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The Rock rules and I agree with his policy that all government job titles besides his own (POTUS) should be changed to jabroni or candy-rear end

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

u can't C me

because i lost in 2012 and was thoroughly discredited by the victory of The Donald and now nobody cares

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
JR: By gawd, someone just ran over Mark Zuckerberg!? Who did it!? Who ran over the democratic candidate candidate for president!?

Rikishi: I did it for, the rock. I did for tha people... I did it... FOR SAMOA!!!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Taintrunner posted:

And if you've ever listened to John Cena you know he also believes this except is probably 10x worse about it.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
gently caress it I'm gonna write in Daniel Bryan, who is probably a Green Party member.

Edit: of course. https://www.reddit.com/r/jillstein/comments/51izz3/wwes_daniel_bryan_says_hes_voting_for_jill_stein/?st=j52zzv6j&sh=9b96c7d3

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Despite being a Republican, he'd have to run as an Independent, right? GOP will just want to reelect Trump (or whoever's in office at that point).

I can't see Demos taking him, unless the last election broke them so badly they'll fight a celebrity with another celebrity.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

sticklefifer posted:

I can't see Demos taking him, unless the last election broke them so badly

we got a winner here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

we got a winner here

Yep. At this point the Dems would probably take Broken Matt Hardy as their candidate.

• Locked thread