Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Real hurthling! posted:

this character select thing for between rounds is hilarious. f champs' bio is gold

"Woshige is a real stand-up guy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

holyshit the marn profile

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

inthesto posted:

"Woshige is a real stand-up guy."

hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Well, I got to watch like most of a match of Persona 4 before the stream cut out.

Edit: There's so much good poo poo on that character select screen. I didn't notice what the bars on the right said until like half way through it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Esports/status/885983606102949888

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When will we get Tekken on TV and what channel would it be on

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That popoff from that dude on capcomfighters was incredible. Like dude its just pools, you didn't win evo grand finals

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
i-no mirror match

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Aw man I missed puyo. Is there an archive to watch?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Hahaha Korean shirt wall between players tech has been improved upon with Chinese cover over your stick tech on the Kof stream.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Aw man I missed puyo. Is there an archive to watch?

That was just pools, top 8 is in a couple of hours (6pm Pacific) :)

https://www.twitch.tv/ghoul02

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Veib posted:

Hahaha Korean shirt wall between players tech has been improved upon with Chinese cover over your stick tech on the Kof stream.

Those two play each other on Chinese tournaments constantly. Xiaohu just spent like twenty seconds a minute ago adjusting the drat jacket over the stick. I used to laught at it, but there's gotta be some advantage there to consider it worth the hassle.

e: welp, he still lost but that match was hype as hell

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 14, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That was just pools, top 8 is in a couple of hours (6pm Pacific) :)

https://www.twitch.tv/ghoul02

Awesome, I wanna get a good look at super high level puyo puyoing

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The gently caress are these people on the Bandai stream going on about??? CALL THE drat MATCH!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love the matches during pools that are just two no name dudes who happen to be good and they have a pretty fantastic match, like the one with Rebooo just now, Ryu vs Ken, good but not perfect skill from both of them, just a really entertaining watch.

I kinda wish the genuinely good matches from the various fighters were collected into compilations on youtube, it's usually only just the finals most of the time that get put up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jiro posted:

The gently caress are these people on the Bandai stream going on about??? CALL THE drat MATCH!

Look, the question of Piccolo being able to get some is something that's vital to the DBZ lore, okay.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

I love the matches during pools that are just two no name dudes who happen to be good and they have a pretty fantastic match, like the one with Rebooo just now, Ryu vs Ken, good but not perfect skill from both of them, just a really entertaining watch.

I kinda wish the genuinely good matches from the various fighters were collected into compilations on youtube, it's usually only just the finals most of the time that get put up.

when's deathwish point phoenix

also why aren't these fucks constantly teching everyone's doing fake combos cmon

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Best evo pools opener is still 801 strider vs a random kid from 2015.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pools for Injustice 2 are starting, get hype

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDOzPd6bXU

Never forget.

The kid came back one year later (as in, last year's Evo) to get his payback. It was pretty adorable. I hope he's still around improving his game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gng1SLg1vtA

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 15, 2017

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

"He's just a boy!"

edit: I want that kid to top 8 in like 5 more years.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Giedroyc posted:

Strider vs Skullzer, ah.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
WARLOCK PUNCH STUFFS THE BOWSER BOMB HOLY poo poo

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Can we complain about cujo Kate yet? I just tuned in and I'm already over the commentary.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyMuddyBibimbapSoBayed

Also, HNK is up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

yeeeeee the greatest game in our generation

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dias posted:

yeeeeee the greatest game in our generation

DBFZ or HNK?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

I just clicked on this link and the stream immediately showed me a man getting dribbled to death.

edit: the announcers like "yeah, once you get around 40 or 60 hits, this just kinda happens. Nothing you can do, might as well go have a drink or look at the sky."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Keegers posted:

Can we complain about cujo Kate yet? I just tuned in and I'm already over the commentary.

Nah

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Coca Koala posted:

the announcers like "yeah, once you get around 40 or 60 hits, this just kinda happens. Nothing you can do, might as well go have a drink or look at the sky."

Welcome to HNK. It's not uncommon for people playing to just grab their phone and write a message or two while waiting.

You don't usually see HNK in tournaments anyway since it requires actual arcade hardware -- the console port is dreadful.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Xrd's back.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Saoshyant posted:

Welcome to HNK. It's not uncommon for people playing to just grab their phone and write a message or two while waiting.

You don't usually see HNK in tournaments anyway since it requires actual arcade hardware -- the console port is dreadful.

I'm not complaining, it was beautiful. The one dude was just freeform styling on his opponent.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Jebailey entered in every event

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Keegers posted:

She bad. She's a nice person but she can't loving do commentary.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think she's fun. Her accent is hilarious, she's super enthusiastic, and she drives the stream monsters utterly, absolutely insane.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just tuned into this HNK game and the dude was checking his phone while getting hit by a 98 hit combo, is this real

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I just feel her commentary is very lacking. She talks about what's on screen mostly and her technical( e: and out of game) knowledge is very limited. Like James has nice tidbits about most players to add.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Saoshyant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDOzPd6bXU

Never forget.

The kid came back one year later (as in, last year's Evo) to get his payback. It was pretty adorable. I hope he's still around improving his game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gng1SLg1vtA

This is the feelgood version of JWong's WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD video :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

310 is so good

• Locked thread