Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm in meleeland :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBX posted:

Melee is just old and I don't understand why they can't move on like every other fighting game. I love CVS2 and SC2 but I understand why they're not at evo or being played regularly.

Where? If last awhile meaning people will play it a lot yes but no its been done.

Because there is nothing to move on to. Smash 4 might as well be a different type of fighting game since both of them play so differently. That being said a startup company is making a competitive melee like so we may see a transition in a year or so

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So how long are people going to keep playing it if the same 5 people (and at this point like what the same 3 people really) always keep winning? I don't think this is sustainable unless the scrubs just basically want to fund the top players constantly.

Scrubs have been funding for years and its not stopping. A lot of people keep playing it because they find it fun and tournaments are fun and most people don't care if they're inevitably going to get bopped by better players. Sometimes you just want to try your best and see how far it goes

• Locked thread