Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Is 4 hours really necessary for Smash4?
I thought reducing matches to 2 stocks made it much faster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Reminder that this year's EVO is already an unmitigated failure and the whole event can only be saved by dumping the Capcom games and making Sunday Melee Top 16 only.

They only have about a 15 hour block on Sunday--not nearly enough time for Melee Top 16.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

KOF Top 8 for those who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgNTPJkaUEM

Absolutely amazing from start to finish.
In a just world, this would have been on ESPN.
Incredible spacing, execution, movement and clutch play, featuring REAL comebacks, not made with activating V-Trigger.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

BB is still more popular than GG in Japan, which is why they want it to boost Sunday's ratings.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

pospysyl posted:

Why are there so many stuns in this game?

It's a throwback to Super Turbo.

But the real answer is b/c defensive options in this game suck and stun damage on normals were really cranked up from SFIV b/c Capcom wanted to encourage aggressive play and comebacks more.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Gootecks sounds and looks he's doing a shot of vodka between each interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Is there a visual touch point or reference for the Karin fights? I've never been able to put my finger on it but I have always found her fighting style extremely cool. Especially her throw and that move where she hit people with her back.

Her throws seem rooted in Aikido.

Her shoulder, back, elbow, and hip strikes are a trademark of Baji Quan.

• Locked thread