Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Only watching Smash 4 :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Smash 4 top 8 is going to be aired live on Disney XD

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-wii-u-finals-at-evo-2017-to-air-live-on-disney-xd/

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

nice! hopefully my mom will let me stay up that late and skip my bath

gonna have to stay up extra late to watch SFV too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBmF8NiAtk

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/TeamYPOfficial/status/885922217703464962

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Esports/status/885983606102949888

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The guy who got 2nd in smash 4 last year already lost in round 1 pools

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

1. Games are 7 minutes long. A single game can last longer than an entire best of 5 set is literally any non Smash game.

2. The same 4 characters (and players for that matter) are used and win everything out of what, 30+ characters? Obviously games will have tiers, but if the tier is that small it's problematic.

3. You have to use a made up rule set to play the game competitively. No items and like 5 out of 20 stages. If I want to play Street Fighter, it's plug and play. If I want to play Melee, I have to have The Discussion about whether or not items are used and what stages and all of that stuff. If you have to house rule the game, it intrinsically is competitively weak.

4. Players have to find Literal Broken controllers just to play the game 'competitively.' Your literal Evo Champion had to sit out a tournament recently because he couldn't find a controller that was sufficiently malfunctioning. If you have to play the game on a broken controller, your game isn't competitive.

5. Armada, Hungrybox, and M2K (maybe others I don't keep up with the scene) win like everything so it gets boring. Koop covered this pretty well, so read that post.

6. Community is a bunch of babies. Reread my point 3, then pair that with the knowledge that the kid who won EVO Brawl as ROB was shunned by the community for... playing the game by the rules the game shipped with and the tournament was formed under. Imagine a bunch of adults bullying a 14 year old kid because he didn't play the game the One True Way because internet bushido or something.

7. The characters are chosen for their mobility basically. Special attacks are only used if they jump, parry, chip, or throw items. Nothing exciting of captivating about the characters chosen or the way they are played.

8. I just don't enjoy the game of poking neutrals. The ledge dances are kind of cool, but not worth all of the other problems. It's technically sound if you ignore the fact that you have to play with like an 8th of the game that shipped, but it's so boring.

In closing, Melee is trash that was formed by kids who grew up from environments where they could house rule checkers until they could win. However, it makes EVO a lot of money because there are a lot of people who watch it for whatever reason. I'm cool with EVO making money, so whatever, just keep it off Sunday.

I can't believe I used to think this way.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hungrybox is a cool guy and he plays Jigglypuff of all things in the face of a thousand Foxes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Twitch is loving up for me on every device except my phone lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

the stream's been perfectly fine for me using streamlink

link?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

i wish bayonetta was in tekken

by all means, please take her

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

only if you want to attack i guess

almost all of rosa's kill power is in luma

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tae posted:

Goddamn these are going quick. 3 matches already done.

big smash 4 tournaments are usually BO5 starting at top 32 so EVO's ruleset is kinda weird

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does Bayonetta have torture attacks and climaxes in Smash, and if not, why not

i would say "torture" describes her in smash pretty well

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BOWSER!!!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

well at least Tweek might go DK later on

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

larry lurr will go donkey kong i believe in him

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm assuming they hate her in a "she's annoying to play against" like Deadshot or Dhalsim.

its that plus she can randomly kill you at any % in certain situations: see, what just happened

its why tweek is playing so slowly

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Congratulations to ZeRo for winning EVO 2017, and Salem for getting 2nd, and Larry 3rd

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

dont count out my son

i've seen this episode before

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

the disney announcers are so bland

this is on purpose

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dias posted:

that makes no sense how can you be good at not getting launched into outer space even if di is a thing if bayonetta has good finishers

diddy is really good at not getting hit if he wants to

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sindai posted:

holy poo poo I thought it was over and then Bayo won

yeah lol thats how it works

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

would have been a good time to announce the smash port for the switch but alas.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Salem carried ZeRo's twitter into the blast zone along with his diddy kong

https://twitter.com/TSMZeRo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Commissar Ken posted:

Ahahah, drat. Someone set him up shop in the Klingon Salt Mines.

in reality he probably deactivated it because theres gonna be a lot of crazy twitter people on him but like he could just log off and not look at it lol

• Locked thread