Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Reminder that this year's EVO is already an unmitigated failure and the whole event can only be saved by dumping the Capcom games and making Sunday Melee Top 16 only.

I mean sure but what do you do with the other 12 hours of your Sunday after you're done crying into your animu body pillow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone in the thread at EVO this year? I'm curious as to the lines to get your "2017 EVO CHAMIONSHIP" lanyard are. Last year wasn't that bad at all and the convention center was YUUUUUUUGGGEEEE.

Post pics if you are there, I didn't get to go this year.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DB FighterZ is up on the BandaiNamco twitch and it's glorious. :allears:

YES I FINALLY SEE THE MAJIN BUU SUPER OF TURNING SOMEONE TO CHOCOLATE!!

Jiro fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 14, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hahahaha Hellpockets losing his poo poo over NACL getting completely owned.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jesus gently caress these are the gooniest motherfuckers I've seen on stream. Hahahahah WHICH one is from Texas???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Watching multi streams. Goddaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnnn DB FighterZ is so loving HYPE!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hahahahahah Xavier woods and Maximillian Dood????

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Xiaohai won his match, Madkof is up now.

Tanukana has been eleminated from Tekken.

Madkof to losers!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DBZ showing a Frieza glitch, Goku can't hit him. Weird.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DAAAAAAAMMMNN THAT COMEBACK BY MAX. :stare:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

What are they playing dbz on? Xbox is the promotional platform but i see guys plugging in sticks and i cant imagine they're just all KI guys

Pretty sure there were a few Marvel guys playing other than Dood.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The gently caress are these people on the Bandai stream going on about??? CALL THE drat MATCH!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone have brackets for KOF top 8?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

As stoked as I am for KOF finals, I really wish they did this on Saturday. Just to have a really really good sized crowd it deserves and not this late at night.

Also there any word for after party streams and stuff?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

YESSSSS Competitive Catherine is on! twitch.tv/ghoul02

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goddamn Haitani with that sliver of health.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

drat Nage got owned.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

USA USA USA USA U-S-A! :911:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tae posted:

You can say the same thing to like 90% of sports leagues

Why do the Sacramento kings still exist

Because the Nappa Valley Winos aren't a marketable team name.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yeah where's all the money match streams and stuff? Wanna see some drunk people ackin a fool.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

@happystupendous was hosting a Twitch showing the Barfights stuff going on. Team Wnf ended up winning out, this some good poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I hate this Morrigan mirror poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hahahahahaha ChrisG gonna have a meltdown.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I love they still using the same stage setup from last year. It's so sick, and in that arena there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

drat I wanted an Arthur and Rocket to beat ChrisG :(

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Canada politely let's ChrisG win.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hahahahahaha get hosed ChrisG.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goddamn it's actually a MATCH.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Veib posted:

You should just accept that Dark Phoenix was a force of good all along

Cyclops was right.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hahahahahahahaha ChrisG goes out to chip damage.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

Marvel 3 is what got me into watching FGs

Marvel is good

RIP Marvel

Don't worry guys DB FighterZ is gonna carry the torch really good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FChamp and ComboFiend gonna shill for Infinite? NOW it makes sense why they did these finals so early. They didn't want a bigger crowd to boo the poo poo out of them.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Haaaayyyy Jedah looking nice there. And THERES THE TINY loving SELECTION OF CHARACTERS.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That Jedah into Space gem into another super was admittedly sweet.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Benson Cunningham posted:

I actually thought the gameplay looked alright. Don't know why its only 2v2 though.

They removed assists and in place of the third are the gems with their primary attack and once built up a full on secondary mode that can then be eaten up to do a level 3 super if they so choose no super meter burn.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Benson Cunningham posted:

Maybe umvc3 will become the melee of the next generation.

Hooray another game that's completely figured out and just rotating the same champs over and over! :suicide:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blaze Blooooo......ooooooooo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

iPodschun posted:

My guess is Dragon Ball on Saturday next year with no BlazBlue. Sunday would be Infinite, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Melee, SFV

Melee

Hahahahahaha let it go man it's dead it isn't going back to Sunday, Smash4 is the replacement. Gotta accept it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

Basically this. Going from sick sprites to those models at least had the excuse that SNK is broke and trying to make an honest attempt at coming back. That and I liked poo poo like EX timer instead of wasting a bar on EX moves.

Yep SNK sacrificed their awesome sprites to a cheaper character model due to limited budget in order to keep their really awesome and solid mechanics and I can respect that because it still FEELS like a KOF game and still has an insane roster amount. Even with that weird fighter with pillow based offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I just realized something Rikki Ortiz didn't show up this year did she?

• Locked thread