Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mithross posted:

I'm not sure what I would have done differently there. Maybe pre-assigned the body guard actions a priority of their own?

Honestly if i was going to try this type of a game I would let the scum master choose people on n0 and THEN assign abilities from a pool after the team is sorted out, initial pms can all be vanilla town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

try actually being scum in this game then.

I mean, look, do you disagree that 4 scum in a 13 player game is scum leaning? If so, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Do you disagree that scum having an extra kill every even night and a potential third kill on a night of their choosing in a game this small isn't scum leaning? If so, we'll have to agree to disagree.

If you guys had organized like town thought you should be to keep your team mate from dying d1, things would have gone a lot differently imho. You even had me to lean on trying to protect YT, because he was acting like he always does. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh, and yeah, YT could have cloned one of the kill abilities for a shot of that too, another kill.

While it's true there was a ton of protection to help counter that, they still have to be targeted correctly.

Honestly, I think the only reason we won was because you guys were lurking and demoralized at various points. Actual effort to move the vote on D1, actual effort on Chaos part instead of folding, etc would have changed things a lot.

Heck, you had a shot at victory still tomorrow if you just followed through with the flerp vote and got a kill off. You would just need to have been first in thread to vote for Flerp and game over.

I was yelling at IS in my head for pursuing that course of action this game day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Probably 3 bad guys left, and they are probably Chaoslord, Pig, and BK?

My last predeath post. Solid.

I was obviously wrong on YT and I'll have to make note of that for the future. But still, the reason people were voting him was flawed. :)

I was totally wrong on Keane. Sorry!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

I was yelling at IS in my head for pursuing that course of action this game day.

As opposed to what? You believe the better solution was a straight no-dunk? If flerp was the scum, isn't that basically game over?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Do you disagree that scum having an extra kill every even night and a potential third kill on a night of their choosing in a game this small isn't scum leaning? If so, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yeah obviously having all that helped a lot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Heck, you had a shot at victory still tomorrow if you just followed through with the flerp vote and got a kill off. You would just need to have been first in thread to vote for Flerp and game over.

You are assuming i would have gotten a kill off.

I thought is could protect himself.

It wasn't happening.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

As opposed to what? You believe the better solution was a straight no-dunk? If flerp was the scum, isn't that basically game over?

I was positive Pig was the scum, so as opposed to dunking Pig. You were giving Pig an opportunity at victory.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It was definitely a game of scum missed opportunities.

*D1, just letting YT get lynched. We shouldn't have let that happen. ESPECIALLY because he got lynched right at deadline for saying things I am 99% sure I could find him saying in literally every game he has ever played in. Like shame on us for letting it happen but gosh dang, that would be like lynching pmom for claiming vt.

*Part of that is on me. I went from central time to eastern time and didn't update my computer's clock. A long day where I took a nap, woke up to do some work and thought "Oh I have plenty of time to do my work and then get to the thread" when it turned out, nope, I missed the deadline. That also moved me from a top poster to the bottom of the list which put me on the lurker radar.

*We then completely spaced on "Hey that lightning rod means KB wouldn't be the target of the jump." I don't know how three mafia vets like me, cpig, and bk all completely spaced on that, but.. yeah. KB would have been dead instead (maybe? I didn't look at the moddoc to see if a N2 kill would have hit him but I obviously would have gone to him instead of shima)

*I could have argued against KB's track, but I thought it over and there was no credible claim I could have come up with. I was going to be the lynch that day. I thought it prudent to just let the day end quicker rather than have my scumbuds try to chime in. I also had forgotten CPig's vig killed him, too, so that made my decision less than ideal.

*If Cpig could have gotten a kill off tonight after a flerp vote it was obviously a good chance of a scum win, but I don't blame him for just being done with the game at that point.

We had a tough time with all of the blocks and such but we also basically shot ourselves in the foot at every turn so hard to say we didn't blow this one.

I recruited Cecil because I figured "Cecil is probably a good town flavor" and then Edge and Kain because they were wrestlers (well, kane, whatever)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

My last predeath post. Solid.

I was obviously wrong on YT and I'll have to make note of that for the future. But still, the reason people were voting him was flawed. :)

I was totally wrong on Keane. Sorry!

The vote on me Day 1 was completely bizarre. I now and forever think that D1 lynches are absolutely terrible and cannot imagine changing from that stance. I find D1 maddeningly boring because I'm simply not playing a game of Mafia for what D1 is.

When Jam posted accusing me, I basically told the scum disco to bus me straight away. There were enough players that didn't know me well that if I stuck to my normal stance I'd die and there were enough players that know me very well that if I had changed my tune it would have been blindingly obvious that I was scum.

Given the alternatives I figured dying D1 was probably the best way to go as opposed to giving away information to you, Hal or CCKeane who I reckon would have spotted my change in disposition.

Most importantly coming off FFV Mafia I just didn't want to have another set of days slapfighting with Jam. I can honestly say that even as town I would have done the exact same thing and had myself killed.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Also yeah, Disco was amazingly quiet D1 and I've never played scum so I had no idea of what to do.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No one caught that pig fakeclaimed white mage which I'm pretty sure is what KB was

That really bothered me!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But otherwise cool game Mithross! Nice job!

Thanks for getting us the win, town bros!

KB was fun to mason with, wish it had lasted longer

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Also, yeah, this game had an awesome setup and I'm sad I couldn't play more of it Mith.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

No one caught that pig fakeclaimed white mage

no i didnt

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

No one caught that pig fakeclaimed white mage which I'm pretty sure is what KB was

That really bothered me!

Yeah, no, I don't think he did because since that was me I would have been all over him for that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

But otherwise cool game Mithross! Nice job!

Thanks for getting us the win, town bros!

KB was fun to mason with, wish it had lasted longer

Would mason again!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Flavor wise there are three white mages in The After Years. Three. Plus Edward is also a primary healer. There's also three black mages, five (5!) ninjas, and a whole host of other random things you don't need that many of.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh right I'm a dope it was IS

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I will never forgive Jammy for killing me.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Keane why didn't you breadcrumb or anything? I didn't exactly plan on killing you at first, but I never got a reason not to. It would have been dope if you could actually come back like Cid always does. Like Cid comes back 2 or 3 days later.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

IllegallySober posted:

Jammy, what was your plan with your bus drive had Pig not been scum? Swap yourself with flerp?

It makes a lot more sense now why you were okay with voting today if you assumed I would doc myself (which I couldn't, by the way)

I was hella WIFOMing the last day about my busdrive. I had to figure out if you could protect, because I was still 99.99% sure you were town and I didn't wanna gently caress you up. If we lynch CPig and he's town, and you would have agreed to target me with your ability, I knew scum flerp would have to target you, especially if you were forced to target me because you couldn't target yourself. I didn't want him to know what my ability was exactly so he couldn't counter me. I would then swap either you and me so you get protected, or swap scum back to scum, not sure how it would have worked honestly, I was gonna figure it out during the night.

Mithross, would it have been possible for me to redirect scum kill back to itself? I know I could redirect flerp to me if I knew he was targeting IS, correct?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

I was hella WIFOMing the last day about my busdrive. I had to figure out if you could protect, because I was still 99.99% sure you were town and I didn't wanna gently caress you up. If we lynch CPig and he's town, and you would have agreed to target me with your ability, I knew scum flerp would have to target you, especially if you were forced to target me because you couldn't target yourself. I didn't want him to know what my ability was exactly so he couldn't counter me. I would then swap either you and me so you get protected, or swap scum back to scum, not sure how it would have worked honestly, I was gonna figure it out during the night.

Mithross, would it have been possible for me to redirect scum kill back to itself? I know I could redirect flerp to me if I knew he was targeting IS, correct?

I wouldn't have declared outright that I was going to protect you because I couldn't target the same player consecutive nights. However, you were hinting at a valuable enough role that I would have protected you anyway, whether I could self-target or not.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CCKeane posted:

I will never forgive Jammy for killing me.

cant believe jam killed the love of my life :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jamuraan posted:

Keane why didn't you breadcrumb or anything? I didn't exactly plan on killing you at first, but I never got a reason not to. It would have been dope if you could actually come back like Cid always does. Like Cid comes back 2 or 3 days later.

I did, you just murdered me.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The vote on me Day 1 was completely bizarre. I now and forever think that D1 lynches are absolutely terrible and cannot imagine changing from that stance. I find D1 maddeningly boring because I'm simply not playing a game of Mafia for what D1 is.

When Jam posted accusing me, I basically told the scum disco to bus me straight away. There were enough players that didn't know me well that if I stuck to my normal stance I'd die and there were enough players that know me very well that if I had changed my tune it would have been blindingly obvious that I was scum.

Given the alternatives I figured dying D1 was probably the best way to go as opposed to giving away information to you, Hal or CCKeane who I reckon would have spotted my change in disposition.

Most importantly coming off FFV Mafia I just didn't want to have another set of days slapfighting with Jam. I can honestly say that even as town I would have done the exact same thing and had myself killed.

I think giving up was the worst thing scum did. Do many votes could have been derailed, and baring the lightning rod N1, the scum actually rallied pretty strong D2/N2 with 4 town deaths (1/3 of the remaining players!)

The track was obviously super fortunate, and it's a shame it was the Godfather too, but the cop was dead so that didn't matter much. I think once we were down to 5, IS, flerp and I all thought it was CPig and BK, so I'm glad we didn't over think it and gently caress it up.

I know there's not much to go on D1, but I don't think it's fair to completely discredit my case, even if it was mostly gut / intuition. Putting in effort in addition to my ability to persuade the town is what led to the lynch. It wasn't from sheer chance or bad luck you got lynched YT, it was a concerted effort. That doesn't mean I was completely right, but I was right enough and got enough support.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
fun game thanks for the modding mith.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks for the game, was pretty fun trying to play along from beyond the grave.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

flerp posted:

fun game thanks for the modding mith.

Yes, thanks- it was really enjoyable to play.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I far prefer discord to gsheets. Sure, they probably can't be preserved as well, but I'm so much more willing to use discord all the time, especially on my phone, compared to gsheets where I really can't.

Sorry about me disappearing on this game. I really got demoralized and disengaged pretty hard. I need to stop signing up for role madness games; they just aren't fun for me.

Also, I'm just gonna take a break from mafia in general for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheredashimapansat
Oct 14, 2016
good game.

• Locked thread