Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So what you're saying is that you're the doctor.

No, the doctor is a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

CCKeane posted:

No, the doctor is a woman.

And you aren't?

My god.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

And you aren't?

My god.

It's an open secret in the SA mafia community that I am a 3000 year old golem hewn from sandstone.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CCKeane posted:

I'm looking forward to this game! I'm sure to put together some BULLETPROOF arguments this time around!

same

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also i cant die

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What is dead may never die.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

What is dead may never die.

Incorrect. I have a six sided cube, made of dinosaur bone marked with pips.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

CCKeane posted:

I'm looking forward to this game! I'm sure to put together some BULLETPROOF arguments this time around!

I am eager to see what kind of bullshit you can conjure up

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CCKeane posted:

i love u

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm about to go to bed so lemme just ##unvote in case things get serious while I'm gone

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Serious time is now

##vote Jeabus

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

flerp posted:

i love u

Seems forced to me.

##vote flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i actually do love keane tho :(

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm awake

just need to catch up on these three new posts

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

okay caught up

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

flerp posted:

also i cant die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHs8TW0AB0

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

What I'm getting from that video is that my vote is a good vote and should stay there. cool.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote flerple nerple

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Serious time is now

##vote Jeabus

Man I hate this vote, what is wrong with you

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I actually stand by my vote.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flerp posted:

i actually do love keane tho :(

I love him more, but that is why he must die.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Man I hate this vote, what is wrong with you

Hi Hal, what's up?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hello everyone in this thread, let's start posting things we think that could lead to finding scum. Those who are lurking probably have something to hide. Maybe we should start there.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

Hello everyone in this thread, let's start posting things we think that could lead to finding scum. Those who are lurking probably have something to hide. Maybe we should start there.

Dunk all lurkers. KB says so. (and he's not wrong)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I guess Hal's the worst of the lurkers right now but he's just checked in. Keane's next, though. Let's prod him. ##vote CCKeane

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, at the end of the day my vote will be on the worst lurker as I posted pregame. I'll keep doing that until no one is lurking or the game is over. (barring solid evidence of someone's scumitude causing me to branch out)

Should be relatively easy to not be a lurker in this game judging by the amount of posts thus far, so hopefully the lurkers step it up.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, at the end of the day my vote will be on the worst lurker as I posted pregame. I'll keep doing that until no one is lurking or the game is over. (barring solid evidence of someone's scumitude causing me to branch out)

Should be relatively easy to not be a lurker in this game judging by the amount of posts thus far, so hopefully the lurkers step it up.

I'm with you, at least for D1. We'll see about subsequent days. D1 almost never has solid information to go off (although we did have a N0 in this one), so dunking the worst lurker is fine with me barring something else happening.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Hal, what's up?

Not much I didn't even see my role PM until this morning and then I had to fly suddenly but I'm heading back to the airport now so hopefully i can catch up more before I fly home although there doesn't seem to be a lot to catch up on yet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Kinda lame IMO

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not much I didn't even see my role PM until this morning and then I had to fly suddenly but I'm heading back to the airport now so hopefully i can catch up more before I fly home although there doesn't seem to be a lot to catch up on yet

Why are you signing up for games when you know you have to travel?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

After how FF worked out I don't blame you man.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

I only mean this is a super lazy excuse for lurking, even if it might be true. You're in an airport, I'm sure you got time to kill.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

##vote Hal

Here's an excuse for you to play the game!

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

Also I just realized I skimmed over the word "suddenly" so I'm sorry for drawing an erroneous conclusion.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I only mean this is a super lazy excuse for lurking, even if it might be true. You're in an airport, I'm sure you got time to kill.

On my way to the airport so once I am there will post.

Also piss off, I'm always in the middle of the pack in posting so get over yourself. I play plenty I just have to do it in chunks when I can post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Kinda lame IMO

Eh. I keep trying to let it go and I keep getting burned in the games I play by lurking scum. I'd rather just do this for awhile in my games until the lurking problem improves in SA Mafia or at least the scum lurkers are forced to start posting in games I'm in.

Worst case scenario, town loses because the scum in the game were actually forced to post, but if they are posting, they might be caught by the people playing normally so it will all work out.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Lynching someone day 1 is definitely better than a no-lynch (it's a chance to hit scum before scum can get started), and if no better option presents itself it might as well be someone who's not contributing.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Focusing on lurkers is fine by me, but having said that, i can understand if people struggle to find anything to talk about d1.

If someone hasn't contributed at all by deadline, worst case scenario we hit a town that's not helping, and is as such kinda anti-town I guess? W/e. Until then though, I'm happy punching flerp until he learns that abuse and love are different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Lynching someone day 1 is definitely better than a no-lynch (it's a chance to hit scum before scum can get started), and if no better option presents itself it might as well be someone who's not contributing.

When I start running games I kinda want to make D1 a plurality dunk just to prevent the D1 no-dunk that seems to paralyze a lot of the games I've been in recently.

• Locked thread