Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

CapitalistPig posted:

IS because I always think they are scummy and bk because he is probably scum.

that's the best I can do because I sign up for games and frequently don't read them closely, regardless of alignment, because :effort: and also I'm a jerk.

So you think I'm SK and IS&BK are scum, or just one of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

I'm working on making my cases CPig, we have over a day left. I'm putting some notes together and you will definitely be seeing a big mega post from me before the deadline.

ok then, all i wanna see is the case so i don't have to do any work because im lazy af.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

So you think I'm SK and IS&BK are scum, or just one of them?

yeah i pretty much already said this. do you have reading comprehension issues?

You = SK

IS and BK = probably scum (possibly flerp but i feel like he is more townie than the other two)

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Here's my LumpenList

Positively unPleasant:
CPig

Suspiciously Scummy:
Bottleknight

Tentatively Town:
IS
Flerp

Fantastically Fabulous:
Jammy

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah i pretty much already said this. do you have reading comprehension issues?

You = SK

IS and BK = probably scum (possibly flerp but i feel like he is more townie than the other two)

Strange you think the game started with 4 scum and 1 SK with 13 people. That's pretty stacked bro.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

And 0 town vig kills? wow

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

ok then, all i wanna see is the case so i don't have to do any work because im lazy af.

Can this be the new Mafia Discussion headline meme? Because this is pretty much SA Mafia in a nutshell.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jamuraan posted:

It's possible LYLO, do you think you should claim yet?

it doesnt rly matter the specifics of my ability tbh but ill say i have no night or day actions but if ur really indignant on me revealing i will but id like to keep a little :ssh: if u will

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the only things i remember claimed are cpig bodyguard and jam joat idk who any1 else claimed or if they did

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Was not expecting 60 posts to read today. Cool.

I'm just now on lunch break at work. Will have a few minutes to contribute and ask/answer questions and then will be back at 5 Pacific for a couple of hours too.

Based on skimming I'm far more town on Jam than CPig but will re-read as soon as I get some food in me.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

I'm just now on lunch break at work. Will have a few minutes to contribute and ask/answer questions and then will be back at 5 Pacific for a couple of hours too.

Based on skimming I'm far more town on Jam than CPig but will re-read as soon as I get some food in me.

Mostly it's just me spamming

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

Strange you think the game started with 4 scum and 1 SK with 13 people. That's pretty stacked bro.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

Take your time, we have a full day + 5 hours before deadline. Please try to post as much as you can.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

For some reason I had it in my brain that the Mysterious Girl flip was a 3P flip. It was not. So we've flipped 2 non-town of the same alignment.

If we take at face value the "cannot be recruited" line from the flip, my guess is that we began with a single player from one other non-town alignment that likely had a one-shot recruitment ability. Any more than that would have significantly unbalanced the game in my view with 13 players at game start. The recruitment line could be a red herring, as well- I've played in at least one game before where that was the case.

I want to take a few minutes to refresh my memory of the flips and roles before I go too much further down this path, but I think we can make an educated guess of what's left and we are likely at MYLO at the very least, if not LYLO. Not going to rush a vote right now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

Take your time, we have a full day + 5 hours before deadline. Please try to post as much as you can.

Certainly will try.

Before I get back to the flip piece (which isn't the easiest to do from mobile with no scratch paper):

CapitalistPig posted:

You've done very little in this game that jumps to mind besides throwing a fit about being suspected earlier (to the point of threatening to post your PM) and complaining about having to scumhunt. Oh, and this brilliant case:

CapitalistPig posted:

IS because I always think they are scummy and bk because he is probably scum.

that's the best I can do because I sign up for games and frequently don't read them closely, regardless of alignment, because :effort: and also I'm a jerk.

Come on, dude. Play the loving game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

Certainly will try.

Before I get back to the flip piece (which isn't the easiest to do from mobile with no scratch paper):

You've done very little in this game that jumps to mind besides throwing a fit about being suspected earlier (to the point of threatening to post your PM) and complaining about having to scumhunt. Oh, and this brilliant case:

Come on, dude. Play the loving game.

I mean others have tried a lot more convincingly to tell me to "play the game"

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean others have tried a lot more convincingly to tell me to "play the game"

You cannot possibly be town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

You cannot possibly be interested in your boring role in this bad mafia game.

Ftfy

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

As someone who mods games, I'm surprised how much of a poo poo player you are. What a disrespectful attitude to have.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

As someone who mods games, I'm surprised how much of a poo poo player you are. What a disrespectful attitude to have.

:shrug: sorry I'm not all excited about being a protective role in a game where there is like 50 other protective roles so when i announce that i stopped a kill from hitting a town member it puts me under suspicion for the dumbest possible poo poo.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also i had actively retired from playing because it isnt super fun for me anymore and i said i would only run games from now on but i felt like i pretty much had to join this game because its part if a series of games that i feel like is becoming my signature series.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I do not like how quiet this thread's gotten since the Jammy/CPig discussion yesterday. I'm quite suspicious.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Got quite a bit going on at work today but I'm gonna try to sketch out for myself what I was referring to yesterday sometime shortly before work picks up if I can.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

I do not like how quiet this thread's gotten since the Jammy/CPig discussion yesterday. I'm quite suspicious.

This was supposed to be a hint that y'all should get to posting given that it's been 22 hours since someone besides me has posted and deadline is in like five hours.

Anyway, I think it's full-claim time with five left and endgame today or tomorrow at the very latest.

I'm Rosa, White Mage, Blue-planet aligned, and I'm essentially a doc. I select a target, cast Curaga, and block the first death that person is targeted for. Note that's different than the flipped doc we already had (Jeabus). I select one target a night and can't select the same target on consecutive nights.

N1 I targeted KB (and was presumably redirected with the lightning rod to Shima)
N2 I targeted myself.
N3 I targeted a player still remaining in the game (I won't say who, to avoid giving scum a free kill target).

All three nights I've received the same results PM- that I successfully cast Curaga on my target and otherwise had an uneventful night.

Suspicions:

Of the remaining four of you, I'm currently most suspicious of CPig. Claims to have covered on N1 and N3 where only one death happened. Claims to have tried to cover Jam N2 and been roleblocked. Responds to pressure by threatening to post his PM results and otherwise has provided little in the way of casing and lots in the way of complaining about having to play the game.

BK is probably next on my list for the somewhat-suspicious vote-timing on D1 (per Jam's earlier case- but as I also said, similar could have been said about me). More than that, he's lurked pretty hard despite posting twice early on that lurking is bad and lurkers should be voted out. Has also given no indication of his role or his actions other than his role is "boring."

Flerp is just below BK, or perhaps tied, for similar lurking, although not quite as bad. Claimed during the end of jokephase that he "can't die". Says his role is "boring" with BK but won't provide any details. Came to the defense of BK for lurking D1.

Jammy is last on my list at the moment. He drove the D1 dunk of YT and claimed responsibility D2/D3 for the Keane death with no counterclaim and two other deaths occurred that night. Things I'm mildly concerned about with him- in my experience JOAT has been a scum role more than town. Claimed to have "shot" Keane but flavor for Keane's death was "disappearing in a burst of light," probably just a flavor difference, but still raised my radar a bit.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I think it's very likely that CPig is the third-party killer and has been blocked from kills twice and decided his best play was to claim protection for those kills instead.

The remaining scum would have to be either one of flerp/BK or a masterful job of bussing by Jammy as scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I am going to try to be around as much as possible between now and deadline. I work for the next three hours and then will be in traffic for at least an hour between 5 and 6 but will be monitoring (illegally) in traffic if necessary.

I think town has a great shot to win this game if people stop lurking and start posting.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

I'm Rosa, White Mage, Blue-planet aligned, and I'm essentially a doc. I select a target, cast Curaga, and block the first death that person is targeted for. Note that's different than the flipped doc we already had (Jeabus). I select one target a night and can't select the same target on consecutive nights.

Another protective role. But I bet you guys will believe this one and not mine for stupid reasons.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

Another protective role. But I bet you guys will believe this one and not mine for stupid reasons.

Probably because mine is true and yours is not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

Probably because mine is true and yours is not.

I am going to quote this so many times when this game is over and i am going to PM you my role pm 20 times every day.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

I am going to quote this so many times when this game is over and i am going to PM you my role pm 20 times every day.

I mean, go ahead. So far this game the entirety of your responses to being pressured has been "I'll be an abrasive jerk about it" so it's pretty much what I expect.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

So CPig, based on what you've posted, you're Cecil, you have the "Cover" ability, and you've blocked a kill N1, were roleblocked N2, and covered flerp but nothing happened N3. Correct? And you have no other abilities or powers?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
let me explain something about my attitude this game.

I got my role pm and I was like "OK awesome, a town protective role It'll be nice not to be scum for a change" So i did the thing i do on day one in every game, not pay much attention and just fart around unless someone seems really overtly scummy. I joined in on the vote against a scum and it was a good day 1.

I protect KB because he is acting like town KB and i feel like he is the most likely nightkill target and boom, I get a PM saying i protected him from the kill and my one shot of bp is used up.

"Sweet! this is a good thing I can claim and give us information from the night."

Then day 2 happened and a second bodyguard died and I'm like "gently caress how many protection roles are in this game? and there's a lightning rod and all the jail shenanigans.

Now not only does no one believe my very real and true claim, but i am suspicious for it with no other defense than "Well, sorry, it was real and thats what happened"

then a third protective role flipped and i am the scummiest of the protective roles.

So yeah, I am salty about this dumb game with a million protective roles that absolutely ruined any credibility my real and true claim had.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

So CPig, based on what you've posted, you're Cecil, you have the "Cover" ability, and you've blocked a kill N1, were roleblocked N2, and covered flerp but nothing happened N3. Correct? And you have no other abilities or powers?

this is correct.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
to go into more detail, I could bodyguard , but not pick the same target twice for the entire game, and i had a shot of bp to activate the first time i blocked a kill

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
vote history of day 1:

jam, first vote on yt
me, third vote on yt
cpig, fourth vote on yt,
bk, sixth vote on yt (the one right before yt self hammered)
is, didnt vote for yt, said he would before yt self hammered

vote history of day 2:

jam, jeabus
me, bk
cpig, jeabus
bk, jeabus
is, jeabus

vote history of day 3:

jam, clord
me, nobody
cpig, clord
bk, nobody
is, nobody

out of this vote history im a bit weary of bk. is possible he's scum, says hes going to vote out the pretty likely dead scum to get town credit, and then yt self hammers to stop anyone else before they can get the credit as well. possibly means all the scumbo were already voting him, perhaps, but thats a bit of a stretch. i think IS is being sincere when he says he wouldve voted yt, especially because he posted after yt self hammers, suggesting a lack of coordination. i will say i think day 3 is a bit of a null tell since clord basically gave up.

anyways i did a reread on some of the players. i still dont like cpig because hes just frustrating to play with and i really cannot make heads or tails if his general shittiness is because he's town or if he's scum. the way he came into day 2 with an immediate claim was a bit bizarre, it feels like. idk it always struck me as strange as how confidently he jumped into the thread being like "get hosed scum." its a weird thing to articulate and maybe its just cpig being cpig, but idk.

i feel the best on jam overall, since he basically lead the charge on yt day 1. then he has claimed vig on night 2, and i feel more confident believing we have a town vig rather than having scum being able to kill two targets and also a third party killer (i think its one or the other). he can be scum, but idk, i feel like i have to go through mental loops in order to justify it to myself.

IS i feel good on. the day 1 argument with keane felt genuine from both sides. i dont rly have all the time to go through all of his posts but he gives me overall town vibes.

if there's anyone i feel worst about, it's bk. on day 1, it's interesting to note that bk says to "consider my vote on yt" and not actually vote him he was at -5 so it might just him being like "lets not rush to kill" or something then soon after he just votes for yt. idk why but that doesnt sit right with me, but could be me trying to find anything to prove my case. i think this case on jeabus

BottleKnight posted:

These posts remind me of every time Kleedrac, chaoslord, AA, or some other similar poster was scum. It's like you post out of obligation but literally say nothing. I bolded every time you hedged or self-doubted in your post. This is a scum poster ##vote jeabus

was scummy since it preyed on a newbie's tendency to be unsure of themselves in their reads. felt like an easy case to make based solely on tone which is probably the easiest thing for newbies to gently caress up. and honestly, besides that, not a lot of scum hunting from any of the other days. its either him denying being scum, defending himself, or saying "night actions puzzles arent really my thing". hes also been lurking like usual and even when he posts its not much of a contribution.

so i guess the two most scummy people are cpig and bk and id go w/ bk atm but if we're confident on cpig, then im cool w/ it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ALSO HERE IS MY FULLCLAIM since i think its useful to say at this moment: i am ceodore, i have one shot deathproof

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

flerp posted:

ALSO HERE IS MY FULLCLAIM since i think its useful to say at this moment: i am ceodore, i have one shot deathproof

Have you received any indication at this point that it's been used?

Assuming everyone's telling the truth and you still have death proof, we have a lot of protection still left between a doc, a bodyguard, and your deathproof.

(I don't really think everyone's telling the truth, except me).

CPig, I'll get back to your posts in a bit when I have a break at work.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

IllegallySober posted:

Have you received any indication at this point that it's been used?

Assuming everyone's telling the truth and you still have death proof, we have a lot of protection still left between a doc, a bodyguard, and your deathproof.

(I don't really think everyone's telling the truth, except me).

CPig, I'll get back to your posts in a bit when I have a break at work.

im pretty sure i still got my deathrpoof

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

this is correct.

I don't believe we've flipped anyone with a roleblock to this point, correct?

And I don't recall anyone else over the course of the game mentioning being roleblocked either.

What flavor did you get with your roleblock message?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

I don't believe we've flipped anyone with a roleblock to this point, correct?

And I don't recall anyone else over the course of the game mentioning being roleblocked either.

What flavor did you get with your roleblock message?

held in place by an unseen force

• Locked thread