Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

IllegallySober posted:

I don't believe we've flipped anyone with a roleblock to this point, correct?

And I don't recall anyone else over the course of the game mentioning being roleblocked either.

What flavor did you get with your roleblock message?

hal was a roleblocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I have a role block ability I haven't used yet

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

held in place by an unseen force

Gotcha.

flerp posted:

hal was a roleblocker

I did forget that, thank you. His RB (if used) would then have disappeared into the rest of the lightning rod fuckery N1 and the logical assumption then would be that Hal jailed CPig N2 and died the same night?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm driving home now. Will be more or less out of commission for the next 60 minutes but I will be back before deadline.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Not voting before I leave but feeling ever-so-slightly more towny on CPig, and a little worse on BK considering he's still lurking.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ill b playing dnd so i wont be able to do in depth analysis but ill be able to check in and post

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nobody else besides me has poo poo to say?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I swear to god if this turns out to be me, the absent BK, and The Grumpiest Townie Ever (CPig) against a 3P flerp and a scum JOAT Jammy, this is gonna be my last game of mafia.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This feels for all the world like Jammy and flerp are waiting for me to drop a vote on CPig or BK so they can both immediately hammer and end town's chances.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I'll drop the first vote if it makes you feel better.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

I'll drop the first vote if it makes you feel better.

No, not really. I'm just really irritated at this point.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

BottleKnight posted:

lurker rules are good.

BottleKnight posted:

I've lurked before and it still haunts me every moment of my life.

BottleKnight posted:

Getting rid of lurkers is a very solid gambit. It's alignment neutral, sure, but so is lurking. You're guaranteed to either get rid of scum or bad town. Cutting the chaff is a good move, IMO.

fuckkkkkkk youuuuuuu ##vote BK

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

fuckkkkkkk youuuuuuu ##vote BK

I still think it's BK and CPig as the last two, but I reserve the right to be wrong on CPig.

##vote BK

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This game sucks.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

BottleKnight (2): IllegallySober, Jamuraan

Not Voting (3): BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, flerp

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 28th, 2017 at 7 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
In a somewhat surprising move, the surviving five continued onward, braving the True Moon without striking against the traitors they feared still walked amongst them.

Day 4 has ended, it is now Night 4

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Awakening in the morning, the heroes discover that, for once, absolutely nothing has gone wrong. Everyone was still ok, and they took this as a good omen, pressing deeper towards the core of the True Moon and the enemy it contained.

Nobody has died (poor bastard, I bet you didn't even know he was in the game)

It is now Day 5

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok thank god nobody died i had an uneventful night again

also im sincerely sorry for last night, i hosed over town super hard. i forgot that i was going out that night and was hanging out w/ a friend, completely forgot about the thread, and then when i checked sa again the thread was closed and i feel really bad about it because if somebody had died i was pretty sure that we wouldve lost the game and it wouldve been my fault and basically im the worst :(

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean we might already have lost because of me but there might be a chance

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I also had an uneventful night.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I covered IS last night.

I think bk is best vote today. I was playing fortnite and forgot about deadline sorry.

I'm beginning to doubt there is a 3p. I feel like we would be getting a lot mor deaths if that was the case. I think its a red herring and maybe scum somehow got two kills on the big death toll night.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I protected myself last night, I was attacked.

EVERYONE WHO DIDNT VOTE IS SUSPICIOUS AF WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
##vote Bottleknight didnt even show up

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

BK > Cpig > IS > flerp

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

I protected myself last night, I was attacked.

EVERYONE WHO DIDNT VOTE IS SUSPICIOUS AF WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
[b]##vote Bottleknight[/b didnt even show up

I would vote this too but I'm not sure we need to rush quite that quick since it's now a weekend.

What flavor did you get from being attacked? I don't recall you mentioning any more abilities you were sitting on other than the roleblock you said you had.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm Rydia, summoner, JOAT pretty much

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

cpig is 100% scum, I'm not sure on BK though. Please dont screw this up town.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

I am eager to see what kind of bullshit you can conjure up

this is my breadcrumb

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

This was supposed to be a hint that y'all should get to posting given that it's been 22 hours since someone besides me has posted and deadline is in like five hours.

Anyway, I think it's full-claim time with five left and endgame today or tomorrow at the very latest.

I'm Rosa, White Mage, Blue-planet aligned, and I'm essentially a doc. I select a target, cast Curaga, and block the first death that person is targeted for. Note that's different than the flipped doc we already had (Jeabus). I select one target a night and can't select the same target on consecutive nights.

N1 I targeted KB (and was presumably redirected with the lightning rod to Shima)
N2 I targeted myself.
N3 I targeted a player still remaining in the game (I won't say who, to avoid giving scum a free kill target).

Now that it is D5- I targeted Jammy N3.

N4 I did not protect anyone, so I can protect anyone I choose N5.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jamuraan posted:

cpig is 100% scum, I'm not sure on BK though. Please dont screw this up town.

If CPig is 100% scum and you're not sure on BK, why are you immediately voting BK and not CPig?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

If CPig is 100% scum and you're not sure on BK, why are you immediately voting BK and not CPig?

I think they are both scum :)

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I mean I'm def willing to vote either one

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
same

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm actually upset 3 people weren't here at deadline. I'm super confused that CPig didn't vote when he could have hammered BK.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeh im sorry :(

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i felt rly terrible when i rechecked my phone and saw the thread locked i was like noooooo i hosed every1 over

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm not going to be on here much tonight so I'll check back tomorrow morning. I think I've pretty well made my feelings clear though and with BK not showing up to defend himself I don't have any incentive to change my mind.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

My last ability is a roleblock and then I'm vanilla.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jamuraan posted:

I'm actually upset 3 people weren't here at deadline. I'm super confused that CPig didn't vote when he could have hammered BK.

I literally said i was busy and didn't realize the time. how is that difficult to understand?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I understand not voting if you're trying to re-read or something, but we literally just ended a day, got LUCKY AS poo poo THAT I PROTECTED MYSELF (because I almost protected IS instead) so we're still at 5 Alive but I SWEAR TO GOD IF we go another 12 hours and no one loving does anything I'm gonna get myself mod killed just so this game ends.

JUST loving POST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

I literally said i was busy and didn't realize the time. how is that difficult to understand?

If we are to believe you are Cecil, Town Protector, you are the worst loving townie ever. Your combativeness helps no one.

• Locked thread