Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

Look you jerks scared off Inifinitium with your scary lurker rules

lurker rules are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I've lurked before and it still haunts me every moment of my life.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

vector_to posted:

I like Hal's argument above, and that's not just me trying to get on his good side because I'm worried I'm spamming, nuh uh. When I say lurking, what comes to mind is someone that's inherently not contributing. Like he says, 5 good posts with solid reads are better than 20 posts of spam.

You're tearing me apart flerp. If he loved you, he'd defend you. Can't you see you're being used?

vector_to posted:

I feel like we're starting to make a mountain out of a molehill here. Not posting is bad. Posting is better. Posting solid discussion is the best.

Don't be bad.

:justpost:

your posts ping me. they read as very self-aware and kinda forced. like........... scum!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

why does flerp have 3 votes

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I'm sorry you replaced into a scum role BK. :)

drat, kb is so good at mafia he can tell inf was scum based on these posts alone

Infinitum posted:

Confirming I'm ready, willing, and able to turbo nerds once this game starts

Infinitum posted:

Serious time is now

##vote Jeabus

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

It's because he replaced out, not because of his posts.

But mostly I'm just being funny.

i skimmed through the game really fast and didn't really record inf's posts so your post scared me for a sec

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Getting rid of lurkers is a very solid gambit. It's alignment neutral, sure, but so is lurking. You're guaranteed to either get rid of scum or bad town. Cutting the chaff is a good move IMO.

That being said, I'm here to catch scum.

##vote vector_to

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

yeah that's cool vector, i get that ##unvote

i have a lot of town reads and i know at least some of them are wrong. lots of cool new people this game. probably gonna do a reread after i get some sleep. i should be able to check in before 6.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't really see the case on YT, but I don't really see any cases D1. I'd be fine voting with him because I have a pretty strong town read on IS. Consider my vote on YT.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I don't really see the case on YT, but I don't really see any cases D1. I'd be fine voting with him because I have a pretty strong town read on IS. Consider my vote on YT.

I'd be fine voting him** mafia edit

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote YT

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

wheredashimapansat posted:

I retract my town read of bk.

Why? The rest of your post didn't have to do with this, so if your reasoning for this is supposed to be self-apparent, it wasn't to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Okay, so I went through vector's posts to double-check if they were offed due to being accurate in scum-reading, and my current conclusion is leaning towards that not being it.

current scum suspicions are flerp and Sober, though I'm not certain on either

I think Keane is town?

KB's adamant sticking to "vote lurkers" hasn't really provided much to read from, though not switching to Tea when deadline was near is a bit off, though he did post this:

and didn't elaborate (though this is a bit pot-kettle considering I wasn't fully on board either, and was proven wrong).

The YT vote also didn't really start until Jam did their big readpost, so that's something.

Cpig didn't really post much game-related d1 (aside from faking a daycop), hopefully that'll change

I'm gonna think about this some more

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I used "though" way too many times in that post

These posts remind me of every time Kleedrac, chaoslord, AA, or some other similar poster was scum. It's like you post out of obligation but literally say nothing. I bolded every time you hedged or self-doubted in your post. This is a scum poster ##vote jeabus

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

A lot of my posts dont flow well. I'm mostly giving an update on where my head is at. I have my moments.

My read on you is a gut read which isnt doing any good as one you left for the majority of the day two were one of the late voters on yt; currently trying to figure out if that makes you more likely town for getting the vote through or more likely scum for hopping on the bandwagon and trying to get brownie points, and three havent said much of anything. Do you think you deserve to be town read? If so I'm more than happy to hear your case on town bk.

I was just trying to avoid a nolynch. I hate nolynching on D1.

I'm not going to tell you how you should read me, because I don't really care too much how my posts come off. I'm just trying to hunt scum and I've finally found someone who I think is scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday folks. I spent 10+ hours trying to fix the internet just for it to not work, and then I wake up early this morning and boom it's working. i'm so mad rn.

Jamuraan posted:

I don't like this waivering on YT. You try to dismiss the case (without even addressing why I disagree with it) and then ghost vote for YT.

You wait 15 minutes then you actually vote YT, putting him at -1. Then YT comes in and self-hammers.

Here's my theory: You wanted to show you were willing to vote for YT because you knew he would flip scum and you wanted to look good (obvious bus reasoning, right?), but you thought maybe, just maybe, you would see how it would play out, or for whatever reason you we're scared to put your teammate at -1. Then, in your scum-doc, YT says "nah it's cool, vote me then I'll self-hammer".

Pretty close?

I really didn't have anything to go on D1, and I hate nolynching, so while I didn't feel strongly about YT at all, I came to vote at deadline like a dutiful member of town.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My internet still isn't working so I'm posting on my phone from a parking lot. I nearly had a stroke when someone quoted a Jeabus post replying to my case. I looked back and I missed an entire page of posts. I'm rereading the entire game right now so I can see if I missed anything else.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Yo guess what it cuz I ain't certain, so I say it

I've said who I suspect, just because it isn't certain doesn't mean it can't be followed up on

and guess what

it was

I'm not saying that people can't engage you, mate. I'm just saying that your tone is self-conscious, defeated and scummy. That it can be followed up on is, frankly, immaterial.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I dont understand.

I don't understand what you don't understand.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Yep, I'd vote BK. Conspicuous switch away from YT, awkward posts before that.

What do you mean? I voted for YT and didn't switch off of him. I switched off of vector who I had initially voted for but his response satisfied me. I don't know what you mean with this post.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Fair enough. I mean, that was the crux of your case on me other than "awkward posts" but you do you fam

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

:shrug:

If people think I am lying and start voting me, when I get to -1 ill just post a screenshot of the PM where mithross told me my bodyguard successfully blocked a kill and I lost my bp shot. idgaf.

Lmao

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

They just never sat right with me. Jumps in, acts eager, vanishes. Jumps in, treats a weak case as rock solid, vanishes.

my internet is literally broken at my house, i'm not gonna be omnipresent

i drove to a friend's house to watch game of thrones tonight and got here early so that i can post

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I can't tell if Keane is joking or not with keeping his vote on me "because he's in too deep now" but the fact that all of his posts lately other than his bad case on me are questions and inquiries ping me.

CCKeane posted:

I moved, your track is likely for whereda.

So how did vector die?

CCKeane posted:

Assume I'm really lazy whats your argument for BK?

CCKeane posted:

I don't know what you're hoping to get with this line of posting. What outcome are you ideally expecting?

Like, was I your only scumread? You indict Whereda for the same reasons you indicted me, but it's a few hours to deadline and you haven't switched to him. This is pinging me because it makes his case seem manufactured. I can believe that he really did misread my posts, but the fact that he hasn't acted on his one other stated opinion while still posting in the thread on deadline evening makes me think he's scum trying to coast.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

OK.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Look I accidentally pulled an all nighter last night, so I need to get to bed soon

but just gonna say that BottleKnight jumping on me for having the loving decency to be honest about my opinions with literally ZERO evidence or foundation other than that is a dick move, regardless of alignment

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

They just never sat right with me. Jumps in, acts eager, vanishes. Jumps in, treats a weak case as rock solid, vanishes.

I would declare your case on me as equally zero evidence and foundationless. It's not a dick move to make a case in mafia, unless I personally attacked you or something. I really don't like your accusation.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

drat that's a lot of deaths

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

flerp posted:

my role is boring what can i say

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Probably 3 bad guys left, and they are probably Chaoslord, Pig, and BK?

Nope, sorry.

This game is loving wild. I feel like a lot of people have a lot more information than me. Then again, night action puzzles have never been my thing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This has been going too fast.

We need to slow down today so I can think, and not have any leeroy jenkins thinking they know everything. Because I feel like I don't know poo poo.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

This is a bullshit scum tactic.

Would you say the same thing if you thought I was town? This seems more like you read me as scum so everything I say becomes a tactic.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

I've never thought you're town because you've never done anything pro-town.

You didn't even get close to answering my question, but that's ok.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

I said I was going to kill Keane. Then Keane died. I then claimed responsibility for killing Keane in the thread.

That was the same night a scum and a 3p kill happened.

lol this is a really weak defense and yet you're acting like it's 100% ironclad

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

"why would i do this"

"why would i do that"

it's literally all wifom dude

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

jam idk if you're scum but you are definitely controlling the narrative here. you can't just make things come true by being really unpleasant about them.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

this is, honestly, why night action puzzlegames are bad, because people suspend wifom and just turn the game into a set of statistical probabilities instead of reading who might be scum from their tone and posts. that's the best defense you have because role madness games encourage that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

Do you think scum would get 2 kills in 1 night?

It's a role madness game. I think it's about as likely as it is unlikely. Anything goes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jamuraan posted:

Yes, but if you can't explain it, then why do you believe it?

WIFOM at least requires an explanation.

All I'm trying to articulate is that every role madness game ends with someone on the losing side going "oh, i totally didn't expect that, that's a crazy role," so I don't really focus much on night actions because unless you have an investigative role (which I don't) it's really difficult to get enough information to piece together things. So yeah, I don't know why you would claim to kill if you were an SK. But that doesn't concern me nearly as much as the fact that you're reading scummy to me atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I far prefer discord to gsheets. Sure, they probably can't be preserved as well, but I'm so much more willing to use discord all the time, especially on my phone, compared to gsheets where I really can't.

Sorry about me disappearing on this game. I really got demoralized and disengaged pretty hard. I need to stop signing up for role madness games; they just aren't fun for me.

Also, I'm just gonna take a break from mafia in general for a while.

• Locked thread