Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Final fantasy flavoured game? Sign me the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Posting to confirm.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

save the punching for the scum, friend.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I played part of the DS remake, but it was super hard and I gave up because I didn't want to have to grind for years before I could hit things harder then they hit me. AFAIK, after years was a sequel on the PSP that was also bad?

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

flerp posted:

i love u

Seems forced to me.

##vote flerp

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

What I'm getting from that video is that my vote is a good vote and should stay there. cool.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Focusing on lurkers is fine by me, but having said that, i can understand if people struggle to find anything to talk about d1.

If someone hasn't contributed at all by deadline, worst case scenario we hit a town that's not helping, and is as such kinda anti-town I guess? W/e. Until then though, I'm happy punching flerp until he learns that abuse and love are different things.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I like Hal's argument above, and that's not just me trying to get on his good side because I'm worried I'm spamming, nuh uh. When I say lurking, what comes to mind is someone that's inherently not contributing. Like he says, 5 good posts with solid reads are better than 20 posts of spam.

You're tearing me apart flerp. If he loved you, he'd defend you. Can't you see you're being used?

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I feel like we're starting to make a mountain out of a molehill here. Not posting is bad. Posting is better. Posting solid discussion is the best.

Don't be bad.

:justpost:

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

your posts ping me. they read as very self-aware and kinda forced. like........... scum!!

I'm new and insecure and trying to make content so as to not lurk. I shall take your acknowledgement early as proof that I am having an impact. Thank you!

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

New-ish? Those games were about a year ago, i dropped off quickly in all of them. I'm trying to be more active and engaged this time around.

wheredashimapansat posted:

## Unvote

##Vote Vector

hey vector is my vote on you fair?

At least one of the players talking about lurkers is scum. A better man than me is needed to figure out who.

Not sure I follow this. Feels like you got halfway to an argument for me then gave up, and are hoping someone else is gonna justify your vote for you later.

Keane, can you clarify your relationship with flerp?

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

If it's true love i'll stop hurting him.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

## unvote

Sorry I doubted you guys and caused offence.

I don't know much about Keane and KB, but this feels like a personal on going feud rather than scumtells. Keane reads angry town, KB I can't get a read on yet. Maybe when the lover's tiff is over I can get something better.

My reason for voting you is not revealed in said post. I was voting you for claiming that you are new when your posting style indicated intimate knowledge of game mechanics and because of the lurker thing discussion highly meta seemingly relevant mostly useless.

I apologise for having read games and attempting to educate myself on terminology, also for engaging in the only discussion we had at the time, which was the lurk thing. I also dropped it as soon as it became apparent it was going in circles.

Not sure what intimate knowledge I have going for me, but thank you for the compliment!

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

What can I say? Thread is moving faster than I can type, but is mostly Keane and KB and people talking about Keane and KB. Keane's vote on IS feels like he put more thought into it than IS did his, and IS's vote was less scummy and more an early, lazy vote like mine on Flerp. I think that the lurk chat is going too far, and I think Keane's anger is pretty justified.

It's not sarcasm, I'm just being as positive as possible. That someone's noticed and is arguing with me is already better than my past performances!

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you for the clarification! I'm not up to speed on everyone's meta, so I hope that doesn't become a driving point.

Okay and what else new friend? You have listed one possibility for the events to unfold as they did. Talk to me about their alignments. Not everyone can be town but maybe these three people are town. What do you think vector?
I get the strongest town read off Keane, as I said before. His case on IS is solid if everyone is playing at his level, but i don't think IS, or myself for that matter, are. I like KB, but i'm gonna side with chaos' read on him. Keane was a bad target to tunnel, but he's recognised it and backed off. Until the discussion becomes less meta, not sure.( Also not sure why people are voting Hal now? Did I miss something there?)

Whilst I don't agree with how Keane got there, I'm leaning ever so slightly towards scrum on IS. His defence against Keane's attack was kinda weak, and until I hear more from him and can make a more sound judgement, he'd be my pick for scrum from the three of them. I'm gonna re-read their fight to evidence this, one sec.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Keane's initial case on you was that you fudged the post numbers by including the pre-game posts, which is an effort scum thing to do. I disagree, and say it wasn't a concious fudging, just being lazy and not subtracting them.

On a re-read, i understand the argument less and less. It is pushing 3 am. here though, so maybe I'm just tired and this will be crystal clear in the morning. I'll be hitting the hay soon.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Well, now seems as good a time as any to go to sleep. I'd like to hear Jam and Hal's takes on this, specifically IS' defence. I'd make a call on them, but they've made no recent posts worth commenting on. IS' reaction here seems super similar to Keane's earlier, just a bit more deflated. I don't like using votes from jokephase to try and deflect the hate on what was a more serious early vote on his part, for what it's worth.

It feels like I'm just punching random keys at this point, so i'm gonna go to sleep. Good night everyone!

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Good morning thread!

Here's my takes on current discussion. CPig's vote on me feels like more of a pressure move than anything. A bit opportunistic, but you can argue that it was jokephase and it got me posting, so I'm struggling to see any fault with it.

I would love to do more town things, but it looks like it's been a bit of a quiet night. Oh well!

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

It's less scum being bummed out and more worried I'm disappointing your therapist by not talking about how I perceive all my new friends!

Hal, would you say Keane's attack on IS was off to you? I'll expand and say that the first part of their bout feels kinda quiet, as if IS is hoping that if he lays low Keane will move on to someone else. Then, shortly after my good new friend wheredashimapansat talks about scum blowing up when you poke them, IS starts blowing up, but feels like he deflates really suddenly when he goes off to dinner? That reads as really self-conscious to me, in light of what had just been discussed.

My read on Hal is similar to Keane so far. Angry at the lurker chat, making up for it with a big ol' chunk of pretty okay content now. Again, though, until some of the other quiet people check in, he seems to be in a spot like me, where it feels like there's not much to do other than chew the fat and wait.

Heads up, heading to work in about 30 mins. I'll check on the thread when I can, and I should be back about an hour before deadline. I may be able to even punch out the odd quick response if it's quiet.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Sorry I'm late, bus was cancelled and I had to walk. Didn't get much chance to check in at work, so sorry if I seem rushed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks for the game, was pretty fun trying to play along from beyond the grave.

• Locked thread