Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

facebook jihad posted:

But ratings were good

ratings don't mean poo poo if advertisers look at the show and say gently caress no don't put our commercials anywhere near that poo poo

the next generation of sam hydes is already finding that youtube is doing the same thing and not running ads on their content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He was blackballed and disappeared by the media due to wrongthink. He is an unperson now.

Good. I am glad of it.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
ITT goons try to understand Bostonians

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The TED talk invasion he did was pretty fun but other than that I haven't seen anything of his that was "good"

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I heard Kickstarter TV season 2 is supposed to happen soon, thought that was some good poo poo.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
A funny man! A clever jokester!

quote:

Patton Oswalt’s wife died, you tweeted, “He killed her.” What instigated that?

(Laughs.) Making fun of people on Twitter and disagreeing with them is a whole different ballgame from having their livelihood destroyed, wouldn’t you agree?

But he was obviously going through something a terrible time. Why would you say that?

Well, I’ve forgotten what he was doing that would piss me off. But it was pretty suspicious that his wife was a murder-mystery writer and she dies painlessly in her sleep. That’s kind of crazy to me. (Laughs.) If he didn’t kill her it’s a sad thing. I’ll say that. But it’s f—ing suspicious as hell. It’s none of my business, but I think he said something to piss me off so I decided to ask him about that.

OH WHAT WONDERFUL JAPES

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

HAT FETISH posted:

oh cool it's a hamhanded fash ripoff of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KUbflnMEs

Wonder Showzen is in its own strata of good edgy weird. Also the creators were real and good anarchists and I'm surprised the show made it to air.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He was blackballed and disappeared by the media due to wrongthink. He is an unperson now.

Shameful

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

he's living in his car and looks like poo poo

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRZFGUJnOA

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

who gives a poo poo about sam what happened to charls?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

new kind of cat posted:

I know Nick runs an antique shop

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I still don't know who this guy is, but I've gathered he's somehow an incredibly lazy edgy tryhard.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

who?????>

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

I still don't know who this guy is, but I've gathered he's somehow an incredibly lazy edgy tryhard.

It's this, although a lot of his earlier stuff was funny. His meltdown on Tim's Office Hours was really sad though.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
You mean besides becoming one of the funniest and most interesting comedians of all time op?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

facebook jihad posted:

I don't really see the alt-right part of Hyde's comedy. Seems like it's more just taking the piss out of literally everything

Yes and some things you're not allowed to make fun of

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I never actually watched the show but he is impressively ugly

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
if I remember correctly, he accused Tim from Tim and Eric of getting his show cancelled but Tim said he didn't?

at least Sealab is still on!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Who What Now posted:

He's one of the only artists alive with the balls to not only do offensive performance art comedy but to not pull his punches or ever drop the act

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
He officially lost it when he called up Tim Heidecker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHKYxRbV1GE

He's either at an all time low and in a bout of depression, or maybe he's conjuring up a secret project. But it looks like he has no chance with Adult Swim anymore.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mameluke posted:

His comedy troupe broke up (one owns an antique shop now and the other has a more openly racist youtube channel of his own) and his new schtick is pretending to be really poor

MillionDollarExtreme did release Historie's Liars in January though which was pretty funny

"shtick" "pretending"

a star war betamax posted:

He's one of the only artists alive with the balls to not only do offensive performance art comedy but to not pull his punches or ever drop the act

Better that than your gimmick of being consistently unfunny anymore I guess

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The Jews actually do run Hollywood. How is this even controversial to say anymore its 2017 for cripes sake

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

a star war betamax posted:

Daniel Tosh made his career out of calling people faggots and he's had a TV show for years. So nah, this loser ain't anything unique or special.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Carmant posted:

The Jews actually do run Hollywood. How is this even controversial to say anymore its 2017 for cripes sake

Good because the average jew is funnier than Sam Hyde.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

who?

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

can someone explain who this guy is

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Serial murder and hasn’t been caught yet. He’s been one step ahead of the police the entire time

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Over There posted:

Serial murder and hasn’t been caught yet. He’s been one step ahead of the police the entire time

This was the funniest gag Hyde was a part of

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I never actually watched the show but he is impressively ugly

That's why he's so angry at the world

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I thought the Williamsburg street fashion thing was pretty funny

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
He's doing a comedy tour with Steven Crowder. They get up on stage and kick each other in the nuts in front of an American flag for a full hour. Great show.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

new kind of cat posted:

He runs the even more racist youtube channel and he lives in Georgia now or something. Still as much a Problematic QT as that nazi waif from r/incels

Blue Train posted:

"shtick" "pretending"

If he was really poor he'd just move back in with his mom, he spends his time hawking merch and book sales

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
he was never even close to good

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

General Dog posted:

I don't if it was ratings or politics, but I know for sure that Adult Swim has never cancelled anything for not being funny

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Extra Large Marge posted:

He's doing a comedy tour with Steven Crowder. They get up on stage and kick each other in the nuts in front of an American flag for a full hour. Great show.

T-that triggers me !!! I hope he stops. I'm gonna be real upset if he doesn't

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
This guy seems pretty unfunny and untalented you guys.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Carmant posted:

Good for them, I wis I ran Hollywood

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

poorlifedecision posted:

This guy seems pretty unfunny and untalented you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I suggest we turn this into thread into the official Sam Hyde suicide count down thread. Lol if hes actually living in his car. If this is the case I give him a year. Anyone want to place some bets?

• Locked thread