Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

LeafHouse posted:

OP, if hypnotizing ladies into tickling the clam for you is a real thing then why do you think there aren't there cases of it happening more often? I'm guessing the main reason this case seems remarkable is because there are no similar cases. I mean if some guys are so desperate they will pay thousands for a washed up magician to teach them how to insult women into banging them surely there would be as many trying to hypnose their way into some action.

Pickup artists do incorporate a mind-influencing power in their weird worldview but they call it neuro-linguistic programming because that almost sounds like a real thing

OP the way you're haphazardly throwing out studies from the 60s, 70s, and 80s that you don't even have access to, based on their abstracts, shows that you're scrambling to find support for a belief in hypnosis you already have. And even if they're true all it means is that you can talk someone into changing their skin surface temperature.

I mean, I don't really care if hypnosis is real or not because it won't impact my life either way but if you wanna convince people it's real you have to give a better indication that your belief in it is based on evidence and not personal experience. If you don't wanna convince people it's real then post about this topic somewhere where skeptical people won't jump down your throat about it dude.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread