Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if the scores being blacked out were just because it was a splatfest or if they're just doing that across the board with 2.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

memes, the dna of the soul

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

do u use motion controls

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I would hope so

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i struggled with them and switched back to stick but when the full game is out i'll probably give them another go

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I didn't like the test fire :(

I had a Wii U but never got Splatoon 1 but I tried the testfire for that too. For whatever reason I found it way harder to control on Switch than Wii U. The entire issue I had was with controls

I changed sensitivities it's not that. Played with joycons on side of console pocket mode and joycons free hanging tv mode

I don't know the real control scehem names

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

e.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I'm not sure if I like the switch motion controls better than the Wii U or if I've just gotten better at them with time, but I had a real good run with the testfire

Question for ppl that played as a group: how did changing your weapon work? Were you able to stay grouped up or did you have to leave and rejoin?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
You just do it between matches before everyone clicks ready

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I've never seen such a egregious vote split, the splatfest category deciders hosed Up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's simple mathematics. There's mint chocolate chip ice cream. There's no mint chocolate chip cake, unless it's an ice cream cake.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

It's simple mathematics. There's mint chocolate chip ice cream. There's no mint chocolate chip cake, unless it's an ice cream cake.

Check this poo poo out... http://www.yourcupofcake.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Andes-Mint-Cake.jpg
That's maybe a gross amount of frosting but still, anything is possible

Soral
May 30, 2009

ice cream is, in my eyes, better than cake

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Soral posted:

ice cream is, in my eyes, better than cake

This is also true in the eyes of the law now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
National Ice Cream Day is today. Gott mit uns!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish I was playing splatoon 2 right now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Me too dude.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

same

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
thinking about the salmon run game mode while I drink my coffee

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How many players can do salmon mode? 4?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

How many players can do salmon mode? 4?

looks that way. i dont normally like horde shooters but im pumped for this one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

looks that way. i dont normally like horde shooters but im pumped for this one

rad. Updated the op with friend codes, 4 days.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't wait to play anything but turf war

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm an ice cream queen. my last match was a complete stomp against team cake, good way to end the night.

i have never played a splatoon. can someone explain to me, the cats

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The cats tally up the score and they're the only remaining mammals on earth iirc.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Judd is the judge :wow:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda messed up that now Judd and Lil Judd pick a side, in 1 Judd just had two flags he held up and pointed to whatever side won.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

It's kinda messed up that now Judd and Lil Judd pick a side, in 1 Judd just had two flags he held up and pointed to whatever side won.

Is small Judd always the enemy cat?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm down because this snuck up on me and I don't think I can get a switch in time. ..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Is small Judd always the enemy cat?

I think so, so he clowns on you whenever you lose instead of Judd just being sad for you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

About to fire up splatoon 1, I hope people are playing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man, the special weapons are way less annoying in 2 than they are in this game. it's going to be 5x as fun I think.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I think so, so he clowns on you whenever you lose instead of Judd just being sad for you.

I don't like how many little things they have in the game to make you feel bad after losing rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I don't like how many little things they have in the game to make you feel bad after losing rounds

They didn't even include the scores in the splatfest. But the absolute worst is that the losing music is such an absolute bummer compared to the win music.

• Locked thread