Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

algebra testes posted:

What, no pun intended, is the angle here?

Tama is upset about Kenny and the Bucks doing their whole sub-stable "Elite" thing, which I guess he sees as a slap in the face/suggestion that the other Bullet Club members are beneath them/somehow inferior. So he's gonna beat the poo poo out of Kenny in the hope that either he beats him and proves him wrong, or that he makes Kenny fight hard for his victory and remind him that the rest of the Bullet Club aren't just making up the numbers, while also proving to them that Kenny deserves to be their leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Tama is upset about Kenny and the Bucks doing their whole sub-stable "Elite" thing, which I guess he sees as a slap in the face/suggestion that the other Bullet Club members are beneath them/somehow inferior. So he's gonna beat the poo poo out of Kenny in the hope that either he beats him and proves him wrong, or that he makes Kenny fight hard for his victory and remind him that the rest of the Bullet Club aren't just making up the numbers, while also proving to them that Kenny deserves to be their leader.

Thank you :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tama, that Cody Rhodes is a bad influence on you!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Okada :ohdear:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jesus Christ Elgin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo Okada is amazing :munch:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Real talk I don't think he kicked out of that in real life.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:tviv:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God, the only thing holding Okada together is Gedo's unshakeable belief in his perfect son..... so this might go to a 30 minute draw of 2.9999 kickouts while Elgin sobs in horror the entire time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love, love, love this overarching theme of Okada continually surviving but it slowly chipping away at him, pushing him closer to the edge.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I love, love, love this overarching theme of Okada continually surviving but it slowly chipping away at him, pushing him closer to the edge.

I hope it leads to Kenny hitting the One Winged Angel and beating Okada in like 5 minutes, just as a complete swerve to their first two matches and it established the OWA as an Okada killer.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

haven't been able to watch last night's event yet, but i heard about daryl and now i'm just like, what's the point of anything

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm genuinely impressed with how they've been using the undercard this year to build angles to give every g-1 match a little something more. Other than the Daryl thing, the Tanahashi match was cool in so much as it was your average young lions match but with the booking reversed so Tanahashi was playing the lions role and yesterdays bullet club match perfectly set up the angle today.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's card starts a half an hour earlier than the Korakuen triple shot at 5:00 EDT/10:00 PST

G1 Climax Night 5
July 23rd at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST
Machida Gym, Tokyo

TenCozy vs. Michael Elgin and Katsuya Kitamura
Juice Robinson, David Finlay, and Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, and El Desperado)
Bullet Club (Tama Tonga and Chase Owens) vs. L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and EVIL)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (SANADA and BUSHI)
G1 Climax A Block Match:YOSHI-HASHI[2] vs. Zack Sabre Jr.[2]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi[2] vs. Yuji Nagata[0]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Bad Luck Fale[2] vs. Tetsuya Naito[4]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Kota Ibushi[2] vs. Tomohiro Ishii[2]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Togi Makabe[0] vs. Hirooki Goto[4]

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So many great stories coming out of the G1 - I can totally see this being the start of a Bullet Club breakup and Naito needs revenge on Daryl.

Okada isn't going to survive this G1 if he keeps having matches like this

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Thauros posted:

G1 Climax A Block Match:Bad Luck Fale[2] vs. Tetsuya Naito[4]

:black101::black101::supaburn:

:gonk::negative:

:daryl:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
After Naito being utterly confused and borderline indifferent about :daryl: him hulking up and beating the poo poo out of Fale in revenge for his fallen comrade would be the most anime and awesome thing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

After Naito being utterly confused and borderline indifferent about :daryl: him hulking up and beating the poo poo out of Fale in revenge for his fallen comrade would be the most anime and awesome thing.

NJPW's Twitter is billing the match as "Revenge for Daryl"

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/888996651460775936

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hate that Iron YuppieBad Luck Fale :argh:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DIE FALE DIE

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I do miss the English commentary just for BIG MIKE!

And gently caress Fale.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've stayed up all night woken up early for the Daryl aftermath.

KICK HIS rear end, NAITO!

e: and I just realized I'm getting up early these next two weeks to watch the matches (I hope)

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 23, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

derl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Who won YOSHI-HASHI vs ZSJ?

Also GO NAGATA!

Edit: Oh, nevermind :smith:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Who won YOSHI-HASHI vs ZSJ?

Also GO NAGATA!

Edit: Oh, nevermind :smith:

ZSJ.

Naito vs. Fale next!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NAITO! NAIIIIITOOO! Don't kill him........ HURT HIM! :getin:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Fale should have come out wearing Daryl's head on a necklace

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Naito, you have failed Daryl's memory :mad:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Was not expecting that

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Is there no justice in this world? :(

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You have fale'd, Naito.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The revenge, it was never Naito's to take.

There is another.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ThePariah posted:

Is there no justice in this world? :(

Naito has wrestled two murder-matches in a row in the G1, and very well was blind with rage and not in his right mind. It's believable. Or he could have fallen to Fale as part of a classic let-down spot after those opening matches

Please don't die, Ibushi :ohdear:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
That owned.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

...unedited Makabe entrance theme? on NJPW World? :aaa:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

harperdc posted:

...unedited Makabe entrance theme? on NJPW World? :aaa:

Yeah I was confused for a moment when I heard Led Zeppelin blaring

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Makabe gets to have his theme play but only if he wins, I guess. Obviously this match was a shoot :colbert:

This was probably the "worst" of the G1 nights so far - still pretty drat good though!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I'd recommend Ibushi-Ishii, but this was the first night without a must-watch match.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I watched nights 1-3 with English commentary then switched back to Japanese from night 4.

It has to be said, especially so after JR and Josh at the G1 specials, that Kelly and Callis have improved ten fold since they began calling NJ together. So much so that it's actually a really good listen.

They deserve lots of credit for the improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yeah easily the weakest night so far which I guess they expected given the lack of English commentary for it. Still a few decent matches though.

• Locked thread