Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

In extremely high pitched voice Naiiiiiiitoooooooo.

:same:

oh no LIJ vs. LIJ :ohdear:

edit: oh i already missed LIJ vs. LIJ? whatevs

guess I should get NJPW world

*rubs chin thoughtfully as he gazes at his WWE Network subscription*

dromal phrenia fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Random thoughts:

- Is Makabe the new Tenzan, or is that being extremely unfair? Even so, surprised Fale got the win.

yes, that's unfair to poor old Tenzan

quote:

- I guess all the Americans who slept through the show logged on at the same time to watch it, because Naito/Ibushi was unwatchable for me as the stream just kept stopping/pausing/buffering over and over, which almost never happens with NJPW World for me. I'll have to catch it later.

Were you on the Japanese or the English feed? Most people I heard complain were on the English feed while the Japanese feed was perfect for me. More reason to stick with the Japanese for the block matches

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They're off a couple days before running 4 straight nights in Tokyo starting Thursday. The first three are at Korakuen and are at the standard Korakuen time of 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST

G1 Climax Night 2
July 20th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Kota Ibushi and Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ and El Desperado)
Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe, and Tiger Mask IV vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Gedo)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens)
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI and Jado) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI)
G1 Climax B Block Match:Satoshi Kojima vs. Juice Robinson
G1 Climax B Block Match:Michael Elgin vs. Tama Tonga
G1 Climax B Block Match:SANADA vs. EVIL
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Toru Yano
G1 Climax B Block Match:Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenny Omega

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why is the main event third from the top during this upcoming show. joking around with you

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

what is the best way to cheer naito?

1.) Yell "NAITOOOOO" during an otherwise quiet time.
2.) Repeat "Assen na yo" with Naito when he does his spiel
3.) Buy 3 or 4 seats and lay across them, tranquilo~ for the duration of his match

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

dromal phrenia posted:

:same:

oh no LIJ vs. LIJ :ohdear:

edit: oh i already missed LIJ vs. LIJ? whatevs

guess I should get NJPW world

*rubs chin thoughtfully as he gazes at his WWE Network subscription*

If you want to just catch the LIJ vs LIJ tag match, the first four matches (the non g-1 matches) are all free on NJPW world or on their youtube channel.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Kota Ibushi Should Win

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I am torn. I want Naito to win, but the guaranteed title shot isn't really a prize he can stomp and spit on and throw around and disrespect and bury in a landfill.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Night one thoughts:

Evil and Hiromu work so well as a team considering they rarely work as one that I really want to see them try and do their thing at the tag league. The long move combo sprint was great.
YoshiHashi is an awesome dick heel. He's so underated and I would like to see him heel it up more often.
Fale looks like a killer. He's awesome when motivated. Makabe was there, which pretty much sums up his status in NJPW for the last couple of years.
Goto and Ishi was more or less what I expected. Goto has a great finishing combo but I just can't get invested in him.
ZSJ is great, and working with heavyweights is making him better. There's probably no guy who is better at making his opponents look like the toughest motherfuckers even when they lose. Not making him a jrn heavyweight was inspired.
Naiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitoooooooooooo.
I loved the story in the main event with Naito trying to put Ibushi out of the rest of the tournament. Outstandingly good.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

dromal phrenia posted:

I am torn. I want Naito to win, but the guaranteed title shot isn't really a prize he can stomp and spit on and throw around and disrespect and bury in a landfill.

they get a briefcase

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
e: nm

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i fell asleep halfway through fale/makabe last night, which im glad because if i was too tired to really appreciate naito/ibushi i'd be pissed.

also ibushi is in undoubtedly a better position now than he would have been if he signed with wwe right? being in the g1 climax is more exposure than anything anyone in the cruiserweight division is getting.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ibushi is always in the best position of doing whatever he wants, taking whatever comes his way and killing it every time. rather than concerning himself with trivial obsessions like "im going to freak out and quit if i can't main event WrestleMania and this infection on my rear end doesnt go down" and being miserly with happiness

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Night 1 was off the scale good, particularly the top 2 matches. Ibushi/Naito would be a MOTYC in any normal year. So glad Ibushi is back, hope he stays.

That top rope piledriver made me wince.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Oh and to add, I don't know if it's because JR & Barnett were so poo poo, but Kelly and Callis were really really good on night 1

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

shiksa posted:

i fell asleep halfway through fale/makabe last night

To be fair this is my reaction to most Makabe matches.

Naito/Ibushi loving ruled.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Even bringing in Ibushi and the fans still cheered Naito more in that match. Can't fight the tide this year. I still don't want it, but he should win, and Kenny/Ibushi can do their big gently caress off match as the semi main in January.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm so glad I stopped watching and came back to Naito/Ibushi later when the network issues were over, it was such a great match and it needed to be appreciated.

Thauros posted:

Were you on the Japanese or the English feed? Most people I heard complain were on the English feed while the Japanese feed was perfect for me. More reason to stick with the Japanese for the block matches

For what it's worth, I was watching the Japanese feed when the issues started in the main event.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finally got around to watching this show and all of the singles were good but god drat that main event. Ibushi or Naito better make the finals!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Only Ibushi would figure out how to take Destino as a total headbump. Dude is a madman and I'm so glad we get 8 more matches out of him in this tournament.

Other thoughts from night 1:
- YOSHI-HASHI rules
- Fale/Makabe was surprisingly enjoyable, in part because it was mostly Makabe getting destroyed.
- I hope that Naito, Ibushi, and especially Tanahashi lose their next matches because of the damage sustained on night 1. All drew guys who could reasonably beat them or will be the odds on favorite (Fale).
- Kevin Kelly and Cyrus were excellent on the call. Real sport feel and Kelly clearly researched his rear end off, pulling out statistics and factoids about every guy.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Holy poo poo thats a lot of neck bumps in the Nato/Ibushi match, that destino counter into the corner post is nasty <3

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

7 and a half hours away now!

G1 Climax Night 2
July 20th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Kota Ibushi and Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ and El Desperado)
Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe, and Tiger Mask IV vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Gedo)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens)
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI and Jado) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI)
G1 Climax B Block Match:Satoshi Kojima vs. Juice Robinson
G1 Climax B Block Match:Michael Elgin vs. Tama Tonga
G1 Climax B Block Match:SANADA vs. EVIL
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Toru Yano
G1 Climax B Block Match:Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenny Omega

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All those B block matches look great but I think if given time Elgin/Tonga could surprise

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am going to be terribly outnumbered in the forum fan split during the evil match against my greatest son sanada

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SANADA vs EVIL.... I can't choose who I want to win :ohdear:

Omega/Suzuki is gonna loving rule.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Okada vs Yano will be ******1/2

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

show just begun

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I could watch ibushi wrestle forever, he's just so entertaining.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How the hell does Tiger Mask look old while wearing a mask, while Liger always looks timeless?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jerusalem posted:

How the hell does Tiger Mask look old while wearing a mask, while Liger always looks timeless?

Liger shows less skin.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Every single time I turn on an NJPW show during the undercard and see David Finlay, I think "Trevor Lee is in New Japan now?"

You'd think I would learn by now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

No intermission in Korakuen's unexpected

Jack Anderson posted:

Liger shows less skin.

Watch his match with Tiger Mask IV a couple years ago where he wrestled shirtless. Dude could seriously get away with it if he wanted to.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Go Juice!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I was just told that none of the G1 shows will have intermissions until the final three in Sumo Hall

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RIP Juice, oh well I don't mind Kojima getting a couple of po-HE KICKED OUT! :aaa:

EDIT: TWICE! :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JUIIIIICCCCEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :woop:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

booo, and i like juice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

booo, and i like juice

Yay, and I like Kojima!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Niiiice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Michael Elgin was the blood sacrifice to bring us Juice Robinson's victory, and I'm okay with that.

• Locked thread