Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Night 1 was off the scale good, particularly the top 2 matches. Ibushi/Naito would be a MOTYC in any normal year. So glad Ibushi is back, hope he stays.

That top rope piledriver made me wince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Oh and to add, I don't know if it's because JR & Barnett were so poo poo, but Kelly and Callis were really really good on night 1

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Okada vs Yano will be ******1/2

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I watched nights 1-3 with English commentary then switched back to Japanese from night 4.

It has to be said, especially so after JR and Josh at the G1 specials, that Kelly and Callis have improved ten fold since they began calling NJ together. So much so that it's actually a really good listen.

They deserve lots of credit for the improvement

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Just signed up for NJPW World for the G1. Do they have english commentary ever on the service or is it always just japanese commentary?

edit: Nevermind, I found the English commentary marked under new videos. Seems it gets uploaded a little later than the regular commentary as todays went up with regular commentary already but no english yet.

I hope you're prepared to get billed again on the 1st.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

If you're going to be pretty active on the service then the billing cycle isn't that annoying.

On that note though, can't say I was surprised when I signed up on the 31st of December only to be billed again 12 hours later

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Doesn't Fale always beat one of the top guys during the G1 so they can do a return match on one of the other shows before New Year? He lost to Tanahashi, and Okada and Omega are in the other block, so Naito's the only other one.

Have you seen Night 5?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

cams posted:

was there no english commentary for night 5? i like watching it with those guys, but there is no english commentary version up on njpw-world

English commentary on first 4 nights and last 3 nights only.

Kelly and Callis have improved ten fold but the Japanese commentary is still better

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/wrestlingarcade/status/889465620827385857

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

That Taichi chops spot on Fale was pretty loving good :)

Positive posts for Taichi are prohibited

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 25, 2017

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Now now, there's no need for profanity.

The positivity jammed my mind

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

My feeling is that Okada and Kenny both go undefeated from now on to the last block match. Kenny beats Okada to progress and loses to Naito in the final.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The lack of activity in this thread suggests the annual G1 burnout has begun.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

oatgan posted:

He doesn't have any signiture wins going into this and while the fans have taken to him he's still in the shadow of cj parker

Nonsense statement, justify it.

He's just about as far away from CJ Parker and that shadow as it's possible. The only way he could be further out of that shadow would be if he had a title.

Also, War Machine Vs Cody and Hangman Page at the G1 Finals. Jesus.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

oatgan posted:

a comment on his own state of mind not where he actually stands professionally because as i said, fans have embraced him

Fair enough, I retract my provocative response.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

Okay, I haven't watched since the last night of English commentary and I want to catch up. Does anyone have a list of G-1 matches that I MUST watch while I catch up? Or just everything? (Really excited to see Omega/Yano)

I've always heard Suzuki was a badass, but watching these shows as made him one of my favorites. Is there a list of must watch Suzuki matches as well?

Guy I follow on twitter posted this. Accurate up till night 9. For night 10 Okada/Juice and Elgin/SANADA are **** matches

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Tonfa posted:

So I guess Kojima's new gimmick is his opponents talk major poo poo about him and then he loses unceremoniously anyway and proves them right. He lost to house show tights Kenny. Gedo, why?

They are making him look weak because he's competing in AJPW again.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Demtor posted:

Who's twitter is that?

https://twitter.com/hakoe2000/status/891442182879682560

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

gif Probst posted:

Man, the really late start time and weaker card...i think i skip this one :(

Why not just sleep and watch it later on demand?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I'm unironically a NJPW fanboy.

This year is literally the best year of wrestling I've ever seen and 99.9% of it has come from them.

The heavyweight division is packed.
The tag division is stacked.
The JR division is incredible.
The Young Lions are promising.
Nagata.

The only down point is the JR tag division but that always been hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

The heavyweight tag division is stacked but the Jr tag division is hosed? Both have three teams.

KES
War Machine
GOD
Tencozy
Ishii/Yano

All have held it this year. Could conceivable add The Briscoes.

e: not KES. But that'll probably be solved soon.

• Locked thread