Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Holy poo poo thats a lot of neck bumps in the Nato/Ibushi match, that destino counter into the corner post is nasty <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jenkem Delivery posted:

ZSJ has stepped up his selling and pacing and it really shows

His selling has gotten better in the short time he's been in NJPW, it's great to watch him continue to improve. Similar to fellow brit Will Ospraey who's gotten super impressive and not just a flipmonkey any more.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Found the reason they've been blanking out Nagatas entrance, it's because he's been using this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROmbYTiZHQ

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Le Saboteur posted:

Kitamura looks like the kind of guy that if Vince ever saw him he'd do anything to sign him.

Is he over 6'3" though?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Super No Vacancy posted:

new new japan friends please check out the four mini-docs njpw world did on juice here's the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4l1oUN9Xxs

imagine giving this kid a stupid treehugger gimmick

Juice realllly wants to pet that pupper :3

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Juice and Evil have been my unsung MVP's for the G1 and it'd be nice to see Juice get a good Dome match out of this. Maybe him and Evil can fight for the Never title after Evil beats Suzuki

I really hope they give Juice a new finisher soon though, he's so likeable but the Unprettier is such a trash tier move.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Thauros posted:

G1 Climax B Block Match:Juice Robinson [2] vs. SANADA [6]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Michael Elgin [4] vs. Toru Yano [2]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Satoshi Kojima [0] vs. Minoru Suzuki [6]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kazuchika Okada [10] vs. Tama Tonga [4]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kenny Omega [8] vs. EVIL [8]

All the singles matches look awesome for different reasons.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely 100% do NOT miss this match.

It's amazing fuckery, next level fuckery.

Currently watching Kojima x Suzuki, in which "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat!" is being uttered often. These two old bastards have more energy than anything in WWE

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

checksin posted:

either evil is the greatest seller in history or his brain is orange juice concentrate now

According to twitter he's alright

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/892780951306031104

One hell of a sell job if thats what it was

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

cams posted:

it is no surprise that kenny is strong as gently caress, but when he put EVIL's dead weight behind his neck and stood up with him on his back, without using his arms at all, i was impressed.

Kenny confirmed for hoss status

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Kenny's strength was confirmed for me when he hit a one armed, deadlift gutwrench powerbomb. To this day, I think it was the coolest display of strength I've seen in wrestling.

Ibushis over the ropes deadlift german is completely absurd to me.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Just watched that Omega Okada match

:stare:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

algebra testes posted:

Guys I just started watching and saw the Shibata thing and now there's something in my eyes I cant' get out.

The greatest of :unsmith:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

When will people learn to run away from Suzuki when he has a chair?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jesus that piledriver

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

All
of
the
stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

sigmachiev posted:

So many thoughts but biggest to me:

- Main event was incredible, but I've hit my limit with head drops. There were some truly brutal moves in that match. That post spot in particular, if it was planned, wasn't thought out well; the angle and gravity involved would mean a miss by even a couple inches and both go completely tumbling to the outside and almost impossible to have control in landing on the floor. Looked like both came away from the match relatively unscathed which is a minor miracle.

- I need to see this Ibushi/Kenny interaction. I wanted to Kenny to win but I'm at peace with it since it's becoming more and more obvious we're getting this match at WK.

- Shibata comeback was the cherry on top. I don't think it was shown in the English feed? Weird.

-I'm not sure anything tops the 'oh gently caress' of Ibushis pilederiver from the second rope early on in G1, but that post spot comes close

-Same

-Shibata entrance was definitely in the english feed

Actually..what's everyones personal favourite spot/sequence from the G1? Shibata not being dead kinda tops it for me, and Kenny busting out Croyts wrath for what seemed like the first time in forever, such a hoss move.

• Locked thread