Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thauros posted:

http://njpwworld.com/p/o_interview_24_1

press conference is up. haven't had the chance to watch but oatgan captured a highlight:

https://twitter.com/Oatgan/status/886207637796376576

Elgin seemed so pissed about the suit comment.

Also, WTF SANADA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Only Ibushi would figure out how to take Destino as a total headbump. Dude is a madman and I'm so glad we get 8 more matches out of him in this tournament.

Other thoughts from night 1:
- YOSHI-HASHI rules
- Fale/Makabe was surprisingly enjoyable, in part because it was mostly Makabe getting destroyed.
- I hope that Naito, Ibushi, and especially Tanahashi lose their next matches because of the damage sustained on night 1. All drew guys who could reasonably beat them or will be the odds on favorite (Fale).
- Kevin Kelly and Cyrus were excellent on the call. Real sport feel and Kelly clearly researched his rear end off, pulling out statistics and factoids about every guy.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

checksin posted:

y'all are sleeping on my strong friend King of Darkness EVIL

He's going to beat Okada clean in the middle of the drat ring because EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I love that Yano's opponents finally got around to studying some tape and his tricks just aren't working this year.

EVIL beating Suzuki was great.

I was certain Kenny would win after surviving the Elgin Bomb because I figured he and Okada would both go undefeated until the last night of the block to set up Kenny finally beating him. I guess Okada can still win every single match and lose to Kenny to have my assumed Naito/Omega finals.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

Not that it would happen, but who advances in case of a draw in points in one of the blocks?

I've wondered this myself. Obviously the winner of the match between two tied guys advances but what if there is a three-way tie and each guy beat a different person. So, say, Naito beats Tanahashi who beat Fale who beat Naito but they are all tied?

I guess the answer is Gedo would never make his own job that hard

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

Nagata... :smith:

Just win one, please?

He will beat Fale on the final night of the block.

At this point, I still think we are getting a Naito/Omega final. Naito's path to the final is fairly easy, probably beating Tanahashi on the final A block night. Okada will run the block until finally losing to Kenny, advancing Kenny with the tie. Also, I'm guessing Suzuki will be within reach until Yano fucks him over.

This is a really fun year because EVIL is a surprise top contender in his block and the old guys not winning at all is letting the scores run wild.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The G1 Climax 27 will be remembered as one thing and one thing only — the coming out party of future ace, King of Darkness EVIL.

If, and I mean IF, it is remembered for a second thing, it will be the best tournament workrate wise in history.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

algebra testes posted:

Now Dave reporting that EVIL was legit knocked out.

Was there any question? Nobody can sell being dead weight that well. Hope my guy is ok.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

cams posted:

it is no surprise that kenny is strong as gently caress, but when he put EVIL's dead weight behind his neck and stood up with him on his back, without using his arms at all, i was impressed.

Kenny's strength was confirmed for me when he hit a one armed, deadlift gutwrench powerbomb. To this day, I think it was the coolest display of strength I've seen in wrestling.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That was a really great show. I skipped the prelims for the entire tournament but had the time for the whole show today and I'm so glad because the BC/TaguchiMachine match was crazy fun.

Nagata crying and Nogami bawling his eyes out was a special moment and my apartment got very dusty at the time. He only got that one win but Nagata went out on a hell of a tournament. Not a bad match in it.

The ref stoppage in the ZSJ match was a perfect usage of a rare finish. Ishii wasn't unconscious but he was so tied up that he wasn't going anywhere. I also thought it was a nice callback to Long Beach when Zack had him almost tied up enough to prevent the rope break.

Main event was easily one of the best matches of the tournament. Sumo Hall fuckin loves Naito.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I'll say it - Omega/Okada has surpassed Flair/Steamboat as far as trilogies go. I loved how the story of this match played off of the last 8 months of both careers, but added the twist of the shorter time limit so Omega had to just blitz and do everything he could. I also especially love that Omega's win took the help of EVIL and Suzuki over the week so he still has an asterisk that he will want to erase come the fourth match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

harperdc posted:

I'm watching Okada-Omega III right now and just after the 15 min mark Okada pulls off the rarely achieved Kobashi Grimace and the camera work is just SO PERFECT.

This is as the Japanese commentary is wondering if Gedo should throw in the towel for Okada and stop the match, which I hope they were doing in English too.

The English commentary, including CHAOS member Rocky Romero, were all adamant that Gedo stop the suffering.

• Locked thread