Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mark a victory for feminism

https://m.imgur.com/9wr4G7p?r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tennis?

It's a racket.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
:ughh: man i just

let me try real quick to save your thread for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiavtMNE8lc

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What happened

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Buccaneer posted:

What happened

Feminism happened :coolfish:

gary oldmans diary posted:

:ughh: man i just

let me try real quick to save your thread for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiavtMNE8lc

Man. A woman can't even take a nap without being mansplained to

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It is now allowed to post krusty the clown in this thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

It as an exhibition match and was all part of the show, basically. It's a comedy thing, it wasn't a serious match. FFfs

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Un-l337-Pork posted:

It as an exhibition match and was all part of the show, basically. It's a comedy thing, it wasn't a serious match. FFfs

That's no excuse for his microagression

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's extremely cool and funny to take a legitimately funny event (fatass yells advice at professional athletes, gets invited to play along, gets his poo poo slapped and makes an rear end of himself) into an event in the grand cultural war against the evil SJW forces

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

It's extremely cool and funny to take a legitimately funny event (fatass yells advice at professional athletes, gets invited to play along, gets his poo poo slapped and makes an rear end of himself) into an event in the grand cultural war against the evil SJW forces

He looked good in that skirt tho

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

KomodoWagon posted:

It was staged, a fat guy would easily beat a woman in tennis

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Buccaneer posted:

It was staged, a fat guy would easily beat a woman in tennis

It was? Aw man, when will tennis ever not suck

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

KomodoWagon posted:

I bet he wouldn't have uttered advice to male atheletes

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
who doesnt yell poo poo to professional atheletes from the stands lol do you fucks even go outside

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I bet he wouldn't have uttered advice to male atheletes

Have you never watched any spectator sport

E: ^ :yeah:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
every chance ive ever been within earshot of evan longoria ive told him the dirty things i want to do to his sister

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

EX250 Type R posted:

who doesnt yell poo poo to professional atheletes from the stands lol do you fucks even go outside

The difference is that in good sports you are going to be yelling at the athletes along with thousands of others, but tennis has to have this weird as gently caress atmosphere of culture and solemnity so if you yell at a tennis match yours is going to be the one, annoying voice disrupting the whole vibe, making it more like heckling a comedian or speaker than cheering at a sporting event.

Basically, if you want to yell, watch a sport that isn't boring poo poo. Soccer, for instance.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I am A-OKAY with tennis fans appropriating my culture so if you want quiet play a round of golf

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i, too, have read infinite jest

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
drat he copped that match.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The best thing about tennis is women making Tim Allen-like grunting sounds for a few hours straight.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I just can't take you seriously anymore OP

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Hardawn posted:

I just can't take you seriously anymore OP

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

etalian posted:

The best thing about tennis is women making Tim Allen-like grunting sounds for a few hours straight.

The grunting is strategic. A professional player can get a lot of info about the ball from the sound it makes being hit by the racket.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Universe Master posted:

The grunting is strategic. A professional player can get a lot of info about the ball from the sound it makes being hit by the racket.

like that its probably coming back over the net

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Universe Master posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW5wr3y5AZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbe0L9J1ko

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
op that video is very lame

he looks like he's having a good time anyhow

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Universe Master posted:

Tennis?

It's a racket.

heh heh heh

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

When a tennis player gets married it usually fails because love means nothing to them.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

numberoneposter posted:

When a tennis player gets married it usually fails because love means nothing to them.

To be fair this is true of everyone

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

If this headline is true why would a tiny fat man try to play any sport against a professional regardless of gender? And are female tennis players so lacking in confidence they even need to bother with this exhibition rather than telling him to just sit down and stfu? I'm not buying it.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

If this headline is true why would a tiny fat man try to play any sport against a professional regardless of gender? And are female tennis players so lacking in confidence they even need to bother with this exhibition rather than telling him to just sit down and stfu? I'm not buying it.

Something something huffingtonpost something great victory something etc

In all seriousness female athletes face a lot more demands than male athletes from spectators and media but they should have been mindful of the fact that they were reinforcing a preconception when trying to dispel it

Funny vid though

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

it just so happens i get off on being humiliated by athletic women

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

I don't think you understand how ingrained the "women can never be better than a man" mindset is in the patriarchy. There are string bean little punk rear end twinks who have never thrown a punch in their lives who think they could beat down ronda rousing just because they have a penis

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I don't think you understand how ingrained the "women can never be better than a man" mindset is in the patriarchy. There are string bean little punk rear end twinks who have never thrown a punch in their lives who think they could beat down ronda rousing just because they have a penis

She should beat up 12 year old boys who think this way.
that will prove how awesome women are

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Nobody was even being a dick yelling unwanted advice.

quote:

Away from Centre Court, Kim Clijsters was having a bit of fun in her match asking the crowd whether she should place her serve wide or down the middle. A man in the crowd suggested "BODY," speaking of a body serve in which a player attempts the serve right at their opponent in an effort to jam them.

Clijsters laughed in reply, "You said body? Why don't you go there?!" inviting him to the court to the great applause of the crowd. The man didn't back down, borrowing a racquet and taking to the court

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I would rather watch competitive mansplaining instead of tennis

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
"mansplain" is the dumbest thing ever and gently caress you for using it seriously.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

"mansplain" is the dumbest thing ever and gently caress you for using it seriously.

Please don't manspread itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

XK posted:

Nobody was even being a dick yelling unwanted advice.

The whole video was pretty funny, you can thank humorless people for trying to ruin what was a really funny moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04Oe_GULao

• Locked thread