Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
:siren:NEW VIDEO: PART 1-2: MEET THE FAMILY:siren:

The Yakuza games (Ryu ga Gotoku/Like a Dragon in japanese) is a series of Japanese open world beat-em up adventures that first started in 2005. The series follow yakuza member Kazuma Kiryu as he tries to be the nicest member of the Japanese mafia that he possibly can. It doesn't work out well for him, but at least he tries! The games are very reminiscent of the Shenmue games, except with less... realism I guess? I dunno, all I know is that you couldn't smash someone's face against a wall or shove a box of nails inito someone's mouth in Shenmue.

The latest game in the series (released outside of Japan that is) is Yakuza 0. Released worldwide on January 24, 2017 after two years of translating (:psyduck:), the story is about how Kiryu started out in the yakuza life and realising that following the footsteps of the man he idolizes might not be so great after all. It also features fan-favorite Goro Majima, showing how he was before he went completely crazy.

I'll be playing through this with TheBadGamer and I'm going to try and show off as much as possible in the game! Probably not getting 100% though, this game has a lot of things to do and I'm not very good at all of it.

Prepare to see a lot of blood and gore, manly half-naked men, a number of :japan: moments, wrong facts and badly pronounced Japanese names! Let's play Yakuza 0!

Videos:
Opening
Part 1-1: Tokyo Nights
Part 1-2: Meet the Family

Carlioo fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Part 1-2: Meet the Family

• Locked thread