Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

a FEMALE starfleet captain?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Mega64 posted:

This would be like Star Trek TNG if Picard had a vagina on his forehead and every episode was Riker loving Picard's head-vagina.

There will be no kink shaming the head-vagina enthusiasts in this thread!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mega64 posted:

This would be like Star Trek TNG if Picard had a vagina on his forehead and every episode was Riker loving Picard's head-vagina.

A CARDASSIAN starfleet Captain?!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Bum the Sad posted:

This is kinda dumb. Maybe it’ll be good but if you want a show with a female lead then make one. Don’t hijack one.

how is the show hijacked

the doctor is an alien who has changed identities 13 times already, this is part of the show

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
his nemesis already turned into a girl for the last three seasons

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A WOMAN DOCTOR? How progressive.

Dr. Who reboot had a couple of good episodes, but it really goes down the drain after the baldie.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
it's sort of like this is progressive for letting a woman into this role and saying that that's okay, but it's not like the doctor portrays a character you can aspire to be or something.

he's an alien who has died and resurrected as a woman after being a man 13 times

my main worry is that the writers will think that they need to make the doctor cry constantly now or overplay her dominance and make her into captain janeway or something. this is really easy to gently caress up.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Hemingway To Go! posted:

it's sort of like this is progressive for letting a woman into this role and saying that that's okay, but it's not like the doctor portrays a character you can aspire to be or something.

he's an alien who has died and resurrected as a woman after being a man 13 times

my main worry is that the writers will think that they need to make the doctor cry constantly now or overplay her dominance and make her into captain janeway or something. this is really easy to gently caress up.

Captain Janeway owns.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Doctor who is really tired of all the innuendo. Yes, it's a Sonic Screwdriver, yes, sometimes it goes in my butt, yes, I did it back when I was a man too.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mokbek posted:

Captain Janeway owns.

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
Next there will be a transgender bisexual doctor, where do we draw the line here people???

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Let me know when there's an adorable Dogtor Who and I'm in

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
They have just announced every episode will be 30 minutes longer, 25 more for her to get ready to come out of the Tardis every time, and 5 minutes for all the extra 'But you are a woman!' dialog for all the past times she visits.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The Doctor who friendzoned me.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Hemingway To Go! posted:

how is the show hijacked

the doctor is an alien who has changed identities 13 times already, this is part of the show

Men and women are different and give off different vibes. Hope this helps. He's been a dude who changes dudes.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

You just wrote why I am concerned. They're trying to be OH LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE and they're gonna gently caress it up by being I'M A GIRL NOW I DO THINGS DIFFERENT, WITH MY VAGINA. Honestly if they don't awesome, I just don't want an already mediocre show to turn to poo poo.

naem
May 29, 2011

I wonder if it's bigger on the inside than the outside her vagina that is haha did I do it? Did I make a funny are we friends now

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

naem posted:

I wonder if it's bigger on the inside than the outside her vagina that is haha did I do it? Did I make a funny are we friends now

heyoo

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
LOL there is no way I am watching this

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I have a question about the meaning of the phrase "fair-weather misogynist."

Going by comparison to "fair-weather friend," it seems like it would be saying someone is a misogynist only when things are going well, but that's kind of an odd accusation to level.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

uh how does the magical immortal british alien who lives in a special transdimensional portapotty travel through time to fight evil mannequins without a penis and scrotum? really killing my suspension of disbelief on this one

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Winter Misogynist was the best Marvel Movie.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

post the doctor you idiots

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The new Tardis control panel has a kitchen sink on it.
You turn the taps to start it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i liked the old show the new show isnt good, ty for reading

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Do you think there will be a shot during the regeneration where you can see his penis get sucked up into her own vagina? If so I'm watching this poo poo... Maybe twice.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
Besides, I don't think it's about people hating women but rather the general aversion fans tend to have against drastic changes to a character they like. I'm convinced some people prefer a specific Doctor and dislikes the others. Sometimes, not liking a fictional character is not because of political beliefs.

If the female Doctor turns out to be a well written character, people will change their minds. It's not misogyny, it's just people not liking new stuff in general.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

this is going to be even less good because any time PC police get a hold of something they ruin it

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

What does dr who do?

you do

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

on a related note really insanely mad they made the gunslinger from those books that stopped being good when stephen king kicked his coke habit A BLACK

how am i supposed to suspend my disbelief that a black man can shoot a pistol?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Mega64 posted:

to be fair if it's hole shaped riker has probably stuck his dick in it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doctor Who is a trash show for loving idiots

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Dr Who is extremely whack and fail and I place it on the same level as anime for automatically assuming someone is a pedo if they are a fan

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
They didn't have the balls to make the Dr. a black man, I see

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Hector Beerlioz posted:

it's bad,

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Docahedron posted:

The true travesty is not making the Doctor an amorphous slime.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Docahedron posted:

Europeans hate black people.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Doctor who is trying to trick people into watching the same bad show they were right to ignore before.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
man now I'm irritated I would have like a negro doctor man with a british accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Bum the Sad posted:

man now I'm irritated I would have like a negro doctor man with a british accent

please dont use racist language

• Locked thread