Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
This is kinda dumb. Maybe it’ll be good but if you want a show with a female lead then make one. Don’t hijack one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Hemingway To Go! posted:

how is the show hijacked

the doctor is an alien who has changed identities 13 times already, this is part of the show

Men and women are different and give off different vibes. Hope this helps. He's been a dude who changes dudes.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

it's sort of like this is progressive for letting a woman into this role and saying that that's okay, but it's not like the doctor portrays a character you can aspire to be or something.

he's an alien who has died and resurrected as a woman after being a man 13 times

my main worry is that the writers will think that they need to make the doctor cry constantly now or overplay her dominance and make her into captain janeway or something. this is really easy to gently caress up.
You just wrote why I am concerned. They're trying to be OH LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE and they're gonna gently caress it up by being I'M A GIRL NOW I DO THINGS DIFFERENT, WITH MY VAGINA. Honestly if they don't awesome, I just don't want an already mediocre show to turn to poo poo.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

naem posted:

I wonder if it's bigger on the inside than the outside her vagina that is haha did I do it? Did I make a funny are we friends now

heyoo

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Docahedron posted:

They didn't have the balls to make the Dr. a black man, I see

Europeans hate black people.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
man now I'm irritated I would have like a negro doctor man with a british accent

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

please dont use racist language

eat my balls

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

13Pandora13 posted:

I had an ex who believe with 100% sincerity all millionaires and large politicians are paedos, and that anyone who came into that kind of money and power would also be because they wouldn't be able to stop themselves and would be able to buy their way out of being caught.

It was one of many glaring red flags that all came up at the beginning of the same vacation, which was great because I couldn't break up with him for 3 days.

Well probably all politicians at least.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Or maybe it's just that hosed up psychopaths with no empathy are the ones that do best in high finance and politics.
It's probably this, people don't get rich and successful by helping others, it's done by loving people over. If you were a decent person you'd never get rich in the first place as you would fairly compensate the people who helped you get there.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Well, there's rich and then there's mega-rich. You can probably get regular rich without being a monster. But hundreds of millions of dollars really isn't something you get honestly, you usually get it by playing finance games and loving people over. Or you're just extremely lucky and get soem sort of loophole
Yeah this is what I was getting at.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Keanu seems like a good guy. Doesn't live extravagantly, either, and lucked into good contracts on small budget movies like The Matrix which blew up far beyond what anyone expected, which means he got a better cut than an actor normally would.

Keaunu is awesome, John Wick is awesome. Actors may be in a little different category, they don't really run companies and make then redistribute money, they get paychecks.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Worried about hogs.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Cool. I can't wait to see the new season of Nurse Who.

TRIGGERED

nice

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
People won't be happy until loving Ru Paul is Doctor Who.

Edit: I just realized I'm so loving old Ru Paul isn't even considered anything out of the ordinary these days.

I guess the new doctor needs to be some genderless Eskimo with vaginas grafted into their elbows.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 16, 2017

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The new doctor should be a transgender child undergoing transition surgery

Probably of polynesian/aboriginal origin too.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

No, that would be disrespectful to their culture

Ok then how about Mexican in a wheel chair.

Edit: space wheel chair

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dongattack posted:

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

i have decided that Gemma Atkinson should be the next doctor

it was slightly challenging to find a picture of her where she was clothed enough for GBS, but i think shes a perfect fit

Big ol titties

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I’m in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dongattack posted:

hell no youre not

GET IN LINE

edit: oh you mean ytou want her as the doctor too, hehe... thought this was a sex thing... akward...

You’re cool. It was both.

[quote="“gimme the GOD drat candy”" post="“474432557”"]
wasn’t one of the recent ones scottish?
[/quote] Scotland is part of Great Britain.

• Locked thread