Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Problem description: Recently I found an a1314 keyboard in the trash (and a set of glass ball speakers) and I grabbed it, thinking I could pair it to my windows PC. I got myself a bluetooth adapter and tried pairing it and while it sees it and connects, I can't get it to pair to my computer (windows 8.1) or to my LG G5.

I get to the point where it asks for the code but when I type the number and hit enter, it doesn't pair.

One thing, it doesn't say "apple wireless keyboard" on it , but "clavier de william" which might be the previous owner's name.

Could that be stopping me? Is there a way to hard reset a keyboard? Is the keyboard just not working?

Attempted fixes: Tried following steps I found online, tried the "hold the power button" while pairing trick, tried pairing it with my phone

Recent changes: N/A

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I think you have to do extra work to get an Apple keyboard to connect to Windows:

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/1400089/how-to-use-a-mac-keyboard-on-windows

I don't know if that's the main issue though.

• Locked thread