Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

orge romero, creator of the notld movies is dead. :rip:

of late the zombie genre was getting a little overexposed and worn down, but it was still a springboard for some good tales at its best. And this dude pretty much invented it.

e: here is a story from the la times if you want to read about george romero, dead movie director http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-george-romero-20170716-story.html

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

John Romero is dead?

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
that's too bad he made some weird fun movies and some real poo poo, more than anyone here will ever accomplish r.i.p.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The orignial "dead" trilogy was pretty good. "Dawn" was my favorite.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
He made good movies but I'll never forgive him from giving in to Hollywood's pro-vampire PR machine and calling his vampires "zombies".

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The orignial "dead" trilogy was pretty good. "Dawn" was my favorite.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
imo, George A. Romero should get the Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave treatment.

It would be an homage born of deep respect.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
He shamelessly ripped off Richard Matheson's I Am Legend, but NotLD is great and it has one of the best endings of any horror movie ever.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

There wouldn't be a walking dead without him but in death i think we can forgive him.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I liked him as the Joker in the Adam West Batman series

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Night is phenomenal, best of the franchise and one of the best pieces of social commentary in modern film. And it was wild to see Dawn as an adolescent after spending time as a mall rat in the Monroeville Mall

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
They should bury his glasses in a separate grave... hell, give 'em a loving monument.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

There wouldn't be a walking dead without him but in death i think we can forgive him.

Fully on board with this. I'm just grateful this that and Day of the Dead.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
there are 3 george romero threads in gbs right now and yours is the only one to not use the slayer tag you dumb retard

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Monos Bullet posted:

there are 3 george romero threads in gbs right now and yours is the only one to not use the slayer tag you dumb retard

Sorry im postin from beyond the grave and my faculties aren't what they used to be.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's a shame Romero died before the genre could be taken back from fascists and survival fetishists

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
He'll be back soon

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
George Costanza died?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
RIP John Romero, he never did make me his bitch.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:rip:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Time to watch Dawn of The Dead

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
clickbait title, 0-content op, link to ad-revenue-based "entertainment" site
yet you got by adblock

mods please scrub this

naem
May 29, 2011

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

He made good movies but I'll never forgive him from giving in to Hollywood's pro-vampire PR machine and calling his vampires "zombies".

Hollywood has pro vampire or machine?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
lol i hope he stays in the grave

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's dawning on me that this topic is deader than dead on this day. Hope it never returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

FlimFlam Imam posted:

lol i hope he stays in the grave

• Locked thread