Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

still within the boundaries of femdom, i'd say
I'm fairly certain that what Yumeko did constitutes mind-break. :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RAB does the Kakegurui OP! and ED

https://youtu.be/WiZbB93-ugk

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

AnacondaHL posted:

Okay, the ED part was hilarious. :golfclap:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnacondaHL posted:

Boys will be boys. :allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Okay, the ED part was hilarious. :golfclap:

I think they should've gotten a Fabio wig, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Aw Manyuuda, I enjoy your slimey douchebaggery far too much! :allears: Man, this show gives Nisekoi and My Monster Secret a run for their money in the far-out faces department.

e: Seriously, it's as if Sugita has been refining his voice forever now and Manyuuda is just the culmination of him doing his maximum insufferable :smug:. It's like he's trying to be the next Show Hayami (Aizen in Bleach, Akechi in Drifters)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-RhgmsT4XY

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 9, 2017

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Yeah its all about past bad behavior coming back to bite you on the rear end. Gonna be fun watching him fall next episode.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The gambling sperg in me wants to scream at them for not understanding how raising works in poker despite supposedly being veteran gamblers, but something tells me they're just going to do it more next episode, and I should probably just accept it.

For the record, the way Yumeko raised is the way it's supposed to work. Raising by one chip like that is against the rules.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnoHito posted:

The gambling sperg in me wants to scream at them for not understanding how raising works in poker despite supposedly being veteran gamblers, but something tells me they're just going to do it more next episode, and I should probably just accept it.

For the record, the way Yumeko raised is the way it's supposed to work. Raising by one chip like that is against the rules.
I think the show lost a lot of steam for me after it was repeatedly shown that a fair share of the Gambles are just kinda there. Reaction faces, overall presentation and voice work are loving aces, though!

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how much Glasses Dude does the "smugly pushing my glasses up" thing. He really commits to being entertainingly insufferable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HOLY poo poo, SUMERAGI! :stonk: Episode this week was something else.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

AnoHito posted:

Raising by one chip like that is against the rules.

But its an original game with its own rules?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

.Clash posted:

But its an original game with its own rules?

They didn't say that there was any other change to how betting worked aside from the no calling or folding rule. It'd be like if they said "We're playing baseball, but with one out instead of three," and then started pitching with a basketball. It's especially confusing in the episode because, as I mentioned, Yumeko raises properly at first.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's just a visual thing that he only puts one chip down. He's still actually betting the same amount plus 1 chip.

Also it's a really drat weird thing that they changed out all the middle-fingers. You'd think after a girl squirts practically on camera censorship wouldn't care about a tameass thing like that but I suppose thats Japan for you. Hopefully they change it in the blueray version.

Also looks like we're going for an anime original ending. I'm not particularly happy about that because ending on a happy lesbian couple shagging in a bed of lily's would be a great way to end the season. But they must have run out of time. I guess it would be hard to fit that whole game into 1 episode.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I so hope this gets a second season.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The most likely scenario is that it gets it. Hopefully Netflix either does what Netflix does, makes it an exclusive (or hell, even "Original" content) and drops the whole second season at once or if the potential second season gets released traditionally, Netflix decides to stop faffing about and release it on a weekly basis. You know, the exact same way Netflix Japan has been doing it.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm glad she was able to find some finger bandages during the hair and nails break

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Pause the game everyone, we gotta get this one back on model. Those lazy contractors.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't understand the first thing about these games or money or really anything at all because I'm an idiot, so I just ignore the technical bits and focus on the rest. It's like watching Star Trek and they say a bunch of sciency words. It's just irrelevant words to get to the meat(the characters, the reactions, etc.) and I think that's why people say it's not a good gambling anime, cuz the games themselves aren't the point.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there are multiple kinds of gambling series and this is just one of the breed that isn't concerned with the details of the games/their play. i understand if people don't prefer this, but i sure hope people have learned to stop beating that boring-rear end drum

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TenCentFang posted:

I don't understand the first thing about these games or money or really anything at all because I'm an idiot, so I just ignore the technical bits and focus on the rest. It's like watching Star Trek and they say a bunch of sciency words. It's just irrelevant words to get to the meat(the characters, the reactions, etc.) and I think that's why people say it's not a good gambling anime, cuz the games themselves aren't the point.
It can still be enjoyable, but the whole point of the Academy where the series takes place is to win social standing through gambling matches and such. Like, the reaction faces and the character interactions are fun and are the show's saving grace because they're so drat entertaining to watch. The music is also quite fun (the recurring piano riff puts me on the good kind of edge) and the series is overall well put-together, but the name of the game for the show is Gambling and Social Status. It's in the name (the most likely literal meaning of the series is something like "Gambling Frenzy" or "Gambling Madness"), and it's poorly executed in a bunch of places.

That said, it doesn't detract too much from my enjoyment, for I absolutely loved the anime and I'd like to see a second season. The voices of some of the veterans (Saori Hayami, Mariya Ise, Yuka Iguchi, Tomokazu Sugita and Miyuki Sawashiro) and some of the newcomers (Minami Tanaka as Mary, Yu Serizawa as Yumemi and Yuki Wakai as Sumeragi) are an absolute blast. From what people have posted here and elsewhere, it appears that the next episode is going to be anime-original content? I just hope it's a breather and hopefully there's a 2nd season in the works.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

If anyone likes the weird "people getting turned on by dangerous situations" aspect of this, they should also read the manga Kamisama no Iutoori. It's basically the same thing except with lethal death games instead of gambling (though some of the games involve gambling).

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
RIP glasses guy, owned so hard he died.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
you know, last episode I was thinking Vice President has the same hair color as the president, I bet she ends up being her twin sister or something but boy was I wrong

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

No, she is. They switched places. It's kind of insane to think that her sister spent like 3 years wearing a mask and not talking just so that she could get the money-shot expression on Glasses-Kun's face.

dogsicle posted:

there are multiple kinds of gambling series and this is just one of the breed that isn't concerned with the details of the games/their play. i understand if people don't prefer this, but i sure hope people have learned to stop beating that boring-rear end drum

Mothers Basement released a video bitching about it literally right before this episode came out, so guess not.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 18, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe they've been switching regularly the entire time and nobody's noticed. It's certainly believable for this series.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Mothers Basement released a video bitching about it literally right before this episode came out, so guess not.

well i don't expect much of lovely anime youtubers who are churning out videos to supplement their income

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

Maybe they've been switching regularly the entire time and nobody's noticed. It's certainly believable for this series.
Wait, what if secretary girl fell for the masked twin instead of the StuCo Prez?

Nephthys posted:

Wait, another one? Is this going to become the new anime people poo poo on just so that Anime YouTubers can level up their e-peens? (I like Geoff, but I'd rather prefer he did more Scene/OP/ED's analysis)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Nephthys posted:

No, she is. They switched places. It's kind of insane to think that her sister spent like 3 years wearing a mask and not talking just so that she could get the money-shot expression on Glasses-Kun's face.

How can be be sure this isn't the twin sister pretending to be the president and the real president really did go to deal with her family then

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys, it's simple. It was Xorn's twin brother pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like that the first thing that comes to mind when revisiting this scene is that Kirari reminds me of Maria from Arakawa Under The Bridge. Such a sweet tone of voice, but so drat creepy as well. :magical:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Answer me this, manga-readers: Was the game in this episode / the episode as a whole Anime-original? It just felt really... eh. Don't misunderstand, I liked most of the the episode. I especially liked how Yumeko went into creepy Yandere territory and gets all touchy-feely with Ryouta and how Ryouta seemed to, even if only momentarily, grow a pair and present us with a cliched but still pretty effective Shounen MC determined stare. It's just that the game itself felt incredibly simple, especially given how Kirari seems like a gal that enjoys getting weird.

Sumeragi going all girly-girl saying "W-was that a love declaration?" on an emotionally devastated Saotome was super adorable. :allears:

I'm wondering if this is going to get a second season.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
this last episode was anime original and written by the manga author iirc

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Disappointing given that the actual game was even included in the opening's game montage.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I liked this game because I could understand what the gently caress was going on.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I liked this game because I could understand what the gently caress was going on.

It's a fairly simple game since it needed to be explained and resolved in a single episode alongside everything else so it's understandable that it needed to be ultra bare bones and simple.

For manga readers, would anything need to be changed if the anime got an S2? Or is it easy enough to just keep rolling on?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't know why this made me chuckle.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/eki__holic/status/906776877477404672

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

That's

One of the best cosplays I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a fairly simple game since it needed to be explained and resolved in a single episode alongside everything else so it's understandable that it needed to be ultra bare bones and simple.

For manga readers, would anything need to be changed if the anime got an S2? Or is it easy enough to just keep rolling on?

It would be super easy to continue to S2

• Locked thread