Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'd call him a fat lazy mast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

dont even fink about it posted:

Good show ideas:

- Doom of Valyria
- Show focusing on earlier Wall history, so we can finally get some loving ice spiders
- Dorne, to wash the taste out of our mouths and maybe do something with the Dorne/Targaryen wars
- Adventures of [fan favorite character who presumably survives season 8] or Adventures of Young [Character that didn't]
- One hour a week of Charles Dance non-stop telling other characters that they're dumbasses and will never amount to anything

Bad show ideas:

- Robert's Rebellion (we know what happens and it's written around being setup)
- Smallfolk Livin' a Life, nobody really cares about civies

Dance of the Dragons aka Targ civil war would be a good candidate for a spinoff imo.

Agreed that Robert's Rebellion would be lame.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Bring back Pedro Pascal for Oberon's Adventures in Essos

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Kind in mind that nothing that involves too much CGI will work.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

tooterfish posted:

Those things are great ideas, but suffer from the same thing that's made this last few seasons loving shite less good than the earlier ones: no source material. A Song of Ice and Fire does already have a spin off book series on the other hand, Dunk and Egg.

GRRM might be a fat lazy prick, but when he can actually be arsed he constructs a story hell of a lot loving better than D&D left to their own devices.

e: ^^^heh, while I was typing. And also debating whether calling GRRM a fat lazy prick was okay.^^^

I take the perhaps too-optimistic view that a show without a direct GRRM bible to work from won't be bad just because post-book GoT is bad. (Some of the reasons that s5-s7 are bad are because of the setup from those books or lack thereof, too). I wouldn't expect it to automatically be s1-s4 good but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised on that account also.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fookin legend of gin alley

a show about this guy

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

U-DO Burger posted:

After the men of the Vale disperse, Sansa walks up to examine the corpse. The skin above the gash in his neck is peeling off, like a mask. She gasps in horror as his face comes off to reveal that he was actually Arya all along. Her eyes dart to Arya, who peels off her own face to reveal she is actually Littlefinger.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Littlefinger makes his escape into the Stark Crypts. Then Sansa peels off her face to reveal Arya which shocks Littlefinger and creates an opening for the statue of Ned Stark to slit his throat and take off its face to reveal Sansa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQr0HCIN2w

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Dunk and Egg

Yeah this needs to be a show

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
so, which character is the george r r martin self-insert?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fututor Magnus posted:

You even have to ask? Its Sam. The series is going to end with him writing A Song of Ice and Fire

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fututor Magnus posted:

The Wall.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

He too is going to give out in 2017

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Dunk and Egg

They already made this into a movie with Heath Ledger.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
An alternate universe show where Jaime is blamed for poisoning Joffrey, so Oberyn and Bronn break him out and the three of them go have fun adventures in Essos.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Salladhor Saan and Davos Pirate Adventures [with recurring cameos by Yara and book-only pirate character Aurane Waters]

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pie Boss

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A show where Hodor reviews doors.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
GRRM's blog says that all the shows are going to be prequels set during various parts of Westerosi history.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
It's pretty obvious that this whole fancy drama thing isn't GoT's strong suit, so they should really just go formulaic but with a GoT paint job:

The Citadel: Follow the lives of the Maesters, consisting of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium.
Dead by Dawn: Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning, races against the clock to subvert plots against the throne and save his realm from ultimate disaster.
Chain: An antisocial maverick maester who specializes in medicine, does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way.

I'm sure you could come up with dozens of easy spin-offs like that, which all have the advantage of not requiring nearly as many sets or CGI.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
the Brotherhood Without Manners a rag tag group of incompetent warriors sent out to take down fugitives and stop crimes that nobody else really gives a poo poo about.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Look just give me the dual sword guy killing people while raping dragons ok?

Edit, also hilarious if Bran goes back and oops made a mistake Jon you need two swords to be like your dad.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

fruit on the bottom posted:

the Brotherhood Without Manners a rag tag group of incompetent warriors sent out to take down fugitives and stop crimes that nobody else really gives a poo poo about.
Is one of them a Dothraki who they have to keep drugging with milk of the poppy because he's scared of boats?

"I ain't gettin' on no ship fool. It is known."

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm not hyped whatsoever for a prequel series because while the world is neat and all, it's the characters that make the show engaging.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

An Ice and Fire anthology series would be fuckin great and would hopefully allow HBO to avoid endlessly meandering storylines and retarded characters

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm not hyped whatsoever for a prequel series because while the world is neat and all, it's the characters that make the show engaging.

So, uuhhhh, how do you normally determine if characters are engaging without having seen a TV show?

e: if you're worried about HBO ruining things, Dunk and Egg is your best bet. Read it if you haven't

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 21, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
More people in England named their children Arya than Mary this past year. So that's a thing.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

So, uuhhhh, how do you normally determine if characters are engaging without having seen a TV show?

e: if you're worried about HBO ruining things, Dunk and Egg is your best bet. Read it if you haven't

Yeah, I'm worried HBO will ruin it. I guess we'll find out

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Where Whores Go, a slice of life anime set in a brothel in Braavos.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The Man from N.U.N.C.L.E. - episodic series about a team two Faceless Men and their attempts to thwart the nefarious aims of the evil M.A.E.S.T.E.R.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Every episode of Seinfield recreated, but Davos Seaworth's actor plays everyone important, in character and costume as Davos

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
These Lemoncakes are making me thirsty!

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Every episode of Seinfield recreated, but Davos Seaworth's actor plays everyone important, in character and costume as Davos
Don't stop at davos

Hot pie as soup nazi
Pedantic stannis as elaines boss
Hodor as newman

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

More people in England named their children Arya than Mary this past year. So that's a thing.

That's strange considering that when an English person tries to pronounce Arya it comes out as a strangled "uh yeah"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Rhotic supremacy.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

That's strange considering that when an English person tries to pronounce Arya it comes out as a strangled "uh yeah"
Of the 2 actors on the show who aren't English, which one pronounces it correctly?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

We've talked about it before but gently caress I'm bored and TNF always sucks, what are your thoughts on how they made the NK look like Bran?

Are they going to do a Wheel of Time-esque ending (no spoilers just in case)? I mean it was a pretty big design change between seasons. Maybe him touching Bran melded them together?

I know this show can be stupid but:

That's a huge change and totally Bran face. If they did a Daario like change I could pass it off as nothing, but come on they're totally going for a Bran look there.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 22, 2017

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Look just give me the dual sword guy killing people while raping dragons ok?

Edit, also hilarious if Bran goes back and oops made a mistake Jon you need two swords to be like your dad.

John dual wields Ice (lol) and Blackfyre

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm ok with whatever ending the show pulls off.

If it's a good ending then I can finally have closure on the book series that will never end.

If it's a poo poo ending that riles people up then I can get a t-shirt that reads "I was there when Twitter went down"

win-win scenario

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
post ITT whenever you remember there are people who think Game of Thrones is the best show on TV

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Currently? Actually yeah I would put it pretty close to the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Barreft posted:

We've talked about it before but gently caress I'm bored and TNF always sucks, what are your thoughts on how they made the NK look like Bran?

Are they going to do a Wheel of Time-esque ending (no spoilers just in case)? I mean it was a pretty big design change between seasons. Maybe him touching Bran melded them together?

I know this show can be stupid but:

That's a huge change and totally Bran face. If they did a Daario like change I could pass it off as nothing, but come on they're totally going for a Bran look there.

Or they just changed the actor

• Locked thread