Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Constant posted:

theres probably a nearby village/settlement with people doing life things who dont give a gently caress who the current lord is or what they do

Yeah but if there's no one guarding the castle why won't those people or basically any ruffians just chill in this fancy ancient castle instead

But I already know the answer which is they don't give a drat about little details like this and it saves time and money from doing a pointless fight scene or an aftermath of one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Can someone remind me how Jorah ended up in highgarden?

he didn't, that's oldtown

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Good episode was good. All the pieces are starting to converge. poo poo is about to get real, and I don't mean the Citadel poo poo either.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I liked it! Gotta spend some time watching the pieces move around.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Can we have a spin-off of Arya just being the Punisher and murdering the poo poo out of awful people every episode in rad as gently caress ways?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

Um isn't Walder supposed to be dead?

I love TVIV goons

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I liked the Requiem for a Dream esque sequence with Sam emptying poo poo pots.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Good episode.

Probably won't be having soup ever again tho

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Can we have a spin-off of Arya just being the Punisher and murdering the poo poo out of awful people every episode in rad as gently caress ways?

Clegane and the brotherhood should have a spinoff

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That first scene with Arya and the Freys was super satisfying, it felt a little abrupt last season when she killed off Walder after all that waiting but the payoff here was worth it and the effects on the Riverrun situation (as we saw with troops moving in) are starting to show.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Yeah but if there's no one guarding the castle why won't those people or basically any ruffians just chill in this fancy ancient castle instead

But I already know the answer which is they don't give a drat about little details like this and it saves time and money from doing a pointless fight scene or an aftermath of one

I mean, yeah, that's the answer at the end of everything, but I guess one easy reason why no scrubs holed up in there is because it's too big to defend if you're just a couple dozen pirates - can't man all the walls, guard all the doors etc. Any such scrubs hanging out there who saw a huge fleet hove into view on the horizon probably would've got the gently caress outta dodge anyway.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dinosaurs! posted:

Euron looks like Bam Margera

I loving knew he looked familiar.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Personally, garbage was episode this thought I.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Barreft posted:

I love TVIV goons

My inability to pay attention and shitpost is not confined to this forum.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Personally, garbage was episode this thought I.

will wizard master return this year?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That episode was good and while it had a lot of talking, the talking was good

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"This is Euron Greyjoy and welcome to Jackass" ~throws guy off bridge~

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

moolchaba posted:

Literally all the fun was in the first 5 min... talking... and talking... musical guest... talking... talking

Wow the break was so long people forgot what this show is like.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I hope Bran gets to Jon in time to let him know his lineage, should make the appeal to get that mountain of dragonglass a lot less awkward.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
I hope Arya remembered to spring Useless Uncle Edmure from the dungeon before she murdered all his captors.

Again.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

General Dog posted:

Wow the break was so long people forgot what this show is like.
It's like they duped themselves into thinking it's actually just tits and dragons, when in reality 90% of this show is political intrigue

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I mean you could kinda justify it because Dragonstone is a pretty lovely place to be without a regular supply of food and stuff so there's not much point in chilling in a fancy castle if you're gonna stuff.

It is weird that it seemed to be in great shape though

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

There was no sand snakes this episode so I'm expecting them to make up for it with 20 minutes of sassy sand snakes in the next episode

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

yo there's not enough respect for sansa burning lf imo

unless it's just disappointment that she didn't literally burn him, which I respect, but you have to admit wouldn't be thematically appropriate now that Mel's not in the North anymore

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
#whereisGendry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

It's like they duped themselves into thinking it's actually just tits and dragons, when in reality 90% of this show is political intrigue

They read there'd be 13 episodes left and automatically assumed there'd be 3-4 episodes of Talk max left, with the rest being action

It's the other way around and I'm looking forward to it

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Did Sam go all the way to oldtown to find out that dragonstone comes from dragonisland, a fact that Stannis had already dropped on him in a previous season?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dolash posted:

How the gently caress did Stannis manage to make this place seem so drab? That whole sequence was rad, Dragonstone is cool and I am ready to see Dany's Westeros campaign.

Also shame on you, Jaime - you knew where the Targ force was going to land and you do absolutely nothing to inconvenience their takeover of Dragonstone? No assassins hiding on the island? No sabotage team ruining mechanisms and compromising the fortification? Cersei buried a ton of wildfire under the Sept to kill all those people, she couldn't find a few jars to bury under the throne room?

They only got 13 episodes left, drat man we got to get Dany's rear end to Westeros at some point. Also the wildfire was there from the Mad King, she just knew about it. :nerd:

e: Anyway liked the episode, Arya is badass, and I'm rooting for the Hound to just rule everything at this point.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Rodyle posted:

unless it's just disappointment that she didn't literally burn him, which I respect, but you have to admit wouldn't be thematically appropriate now that Mel's not in the North anymore

Its as great as when Olenna shut down Team Bad Poosay.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Rodyle posted:

Seriously. I am so over Littlefinger but I'll take having him around for Sansa to lay sick burns on him.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

#whereisGendry

He's the Night King :ssh:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

#whereisGendry

Greyjoy somehow created a whole new fleet and sailed all the way over to kings landing and gendry is still out in the sea looking for land

nopants
May 29, 2004
I'm just watching the episode. Jaime's description of the iron born is the best.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

nopants posted:

I'm just watching the episode. Jaime's description of the iron born is the best.

They are a bunch of total fuckups.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bananaquiter posted:

Did Sam go all the way to oldtown to find out that dragonstone comes from dragonisland, a fact that Stannis had already dropped on him in a previous season?

He's going to find Gendry

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Greyjoy somehow created a whole new fleet and sailed all the way over to kings landing and gendry is still out in the sea looking for land

He's that dude's dad, the one who was talking about his dad, on the boat. Its been a long time

This is why Arya paused when that dude was talking about boat dad. He's been on that boat for years and she knows it

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I sincerely want the last shot of this entire series to be Gendry still rowing somewhere.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dinosaurs! posted:

Euron looks like Bam Margera

He's going to do a sick kickflip to impress the queen.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

One of the better season openers; Arya owns, Sansa owns, and Lady Mormont owns.

And yaaaaaaay Dany: Homecoming! Seeing the dragons fly off into Dragonstone. :3:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bananaquiter posted:

Sam is loving stupid, yes. Though not as stupid as Jon Snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mister Perky posted:

I hope Arya remembered to spring Useless Uncle Edmure from the dungeon before she murdered all his captors.

Again.

Isn't he in Riverrun now?

• Locked thread