Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol fuckin' Tormund.

"You're a lucky man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I never really felt a threat from the soldiers towards Arya due to the fact that Ed Sheeran's handlers would never allow him to be involved in a scene depicting violence of any kind, since his image revolves around him being a non-threatening tubby European-type that sounds like what would happen if mashed potatoes learned to play an accoustic guitar.

Look at this little douche lol:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cersei has the power of Plot and The Script behind her.

Well the Plot and The Script of this Episode Spelled it Out that she is Surrounded by Enemies and is in a Bad Position

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Barreft posted:

Look at this little douche lol:

Tormund and Brienne's baby got caught in a time warp

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
He played a rapey priest in the short lived show The Bastard Executioner if I recall correctly.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

As far as I know, Lena Headley and him still hate each other's guts and refuse to film together so as long as the King's Landing plot remains so heavily focused on her he won't be showing up.
Uh what's the story here?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Raxivace posted:

They had a terrible breakup before game of thrones and it's written into their contract that they are not to be on set or in scenes together.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wandle Cax posted:

Well the Plot and The Script of this Episode Spelled it Out that she is Surrounded by Enemies and is in a Bad Position

The story has been written, she's in a bad position. But she will be killed by none, for she didn't die in episode one.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Le Saboteur posted:

They had a terrible breakup before game of thrones and it's written into their contract that they are not to be on set or in scenes together.

That seems professional

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's going to be great when Cersei's comeuppance is that she abdicates the throne after a lengthy negotiation with Dany, et al, and gets to just retire to Casterly Rock

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Raxivace posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10693120/Game-of-Thrones-stars-Lena-Headey-and-Jerome-Flynn-not-on-speaking-terms.html

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also, isn't the Rock the only kingdom left actually loyal to Cersei, with I guess the riverlands under occupation? Whatever happened to Renly's poo poo?

gently caress do they know that Littlefinger is helping Jon?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

General Dog posted:

It's going to be great when Cersei's comeuppance is that she abdicates the throne after a lengthy negotiation with Dany, et al, and gets to just retire to Casterly Rock

That's way too realistic.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Filthy Casual posted:

That's way too realistic.

It would be grrm as gently caress

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

General Dog posted:

It would be grrm as gently caress

Everyones expecting her to have the most horrible end of all time but grrm hates book, tv and movie tropes

She'll definitely retire to casterly rock as a spinster

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, isn't the Rock the only kingdom left actually loyal to Cersei, with I guess the riverlands under occupation? Whatever happened to Renly's poo poo?

gently caress do they know that Littlefinger is helping Jon?

Isn't the Rock technically bankrupt, mines empty, and was living off the huffs of their own farts?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Constant posted:

Everyones expecting her to have the most horrible end of all time but grrm hates book, tv and movie tropes

She'll definitely retire to casterly rock as a spinster

She'll marry some poor young dumb piece of rear end, and have a couple more fellas on the side

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Umber son being named after Ned was a nice touch.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty boring opener tbh. I skip every Sam scene and feel vindicated after reading​ this thread

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the poo poo montage is actually a metaphor for reading something awful dot com

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Pretty good episode, but man, Euron's costume was weird as hell. I thought he was advertising that show about 70s pimps

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kanine posted:

:eyepop:

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
so is george martin ever finishing the books or what? has he said anything about it

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

succ posted:

so is george martin ever finishing the books or what? has he said anything about it

He's been saying the next one's coming along/almost done since 2014.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I suspect that all of those Lannister men are gonna meet their ends at Anya's hand but Ed will make it out because he was so darn nice.

I really just want the dragons to go apeshit on Euron's fleet so he looks all dumb while everything around him burns.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
They should have transitioned into Pink Floyd's "Money" when the poo poo montage sped up.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I bought into the hype, that owned.

Why is the Hound such a great character? :allears:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

They should have transitioned into Pink Floyd's "Money" when the poo poo montage sped up.

sams poo poo soup montage was more horrific than any rape or incest

i wonder who thought that was a good idea

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That Sam montage was the highlight of the episode tbh.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The first thing my dad said after it ended was there weren't any tits in the episode hahaha.

I didn't know my dad even watched this dumb show.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

succ posted:

Please watch the Sam montage again to find the answer.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm looking forward to the scene where Gendry finally hits land, having lost pretty much all of his muscle and fat to starvation, panting in sheer and utter exhaustion from his months/years of rowing, and then drops dead on the spot. Sorry for the spoilers.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I haven't watched any of this show yet. Not a single bit.

Should I get into it now or wait for it to all wrap up? Or are there going to be like, ten more seasons?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kazinsal posted:

Should I get into it now or wait for it to all wrap up? Or are there going to be like, ten more seasons?
The final season is airing next year.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I never really felt a threat from the soldiers towards Arya due to the fact that Ed Sheeran's handlers would never allow him to be involved in a scene depicting violence of any kind, since his image revolves around him being a non-threatening tubby European-type that sounds like what would happen if mashed potatoes learned to play an accoustic guitar.

I didn't feel much threat since almost the whole group consisted of bottom of the barrel baby faced teens. Obviously intentional.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Supreme Allah posted:

That seems professional

It's a lot more common than you think. There were a couple seasons of "The Good Wife" that were basically ruined by some sort of tiff between two actresses (two characters that were supposed to be best friends were never seen together in the same place and you would only see them talking on the phone because the actresses insisted on being separated). Also if you watched the latest Fast and Furious movie you'll notice The Rock and Vin Diesel are never actually in the same scene together (the characters mostly spoke on the phone, and in scenes where the characters are supposed to be in the same physical space they used obvious stand-ins for one or the other).

At least being former lovers whose relationship ended badly asking to be apart is a little bit more understandable than whatever dumb feud made those two scenarios happened.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Kazinsal posted:

Start one episode and tell everybody that way they can buy you spoiler avatars to give you the full experience

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kanine posted:

Shitposting posting it's all the same day in day out

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ruddiger posted:

lol fuckin' Tormund.

"You're a lucky man."

Tormund confirmed fight cuck

• Locked thread