Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Arya's Season 6 arc was a nonsensical mess.

At least it was true to the books!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

succ posted:

so is george martin ever finishing the books or what? has he said anything about it

Please watch the Sam montage again to find the answer.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Autopsy guy saying the wall will always be there is basically yelling that it's coming down soon.

Also the hound saying the same thing.

It's unfortunate that TV shows need to beat you over the head with foreshadowing (cough westworld cough) but then again there were the "Renly wasn't gay in the books!" people.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

the show has separate rules for good guys and bad guys. nothing too good can happen to the good guys if they do something dumb but the bad guys can do completely stupid poo poo and get away with it.

So do the books.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CDHiggs posted:

I don't think it was bad, but pulling this sort of stunt over and over, and then giving us a palette swap Ramsey? WHAT THE gently caress?!! It's so goddamn lazy. I mean, Jesus Christ.

I mean, it is true to the books so...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CDHiggs posted:

I thought we were past book territory now? Admittedly, I've only read three of them.

Euron is a character from the late books and is exactly that.

At least darkstar didn't make it into the show.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

^ I thought so

Sydin posted:

Uh, okay I guess? Who honestly gave a poo poo about Nymeria though? We haven't seen her for six loving seasons now.

Book readers.

Hopefully its some sort of chekov's direworlf thing for later in the season.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They have no fleet with which to transport the army so they're out of play.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Bee posted:

Considering that, as the oldest living Targaryen male, Jon's true heritage basically removes Danaerys' entire claim to the throne, you're not quite wrong.

I wonder if she'll play a game of marry, kill, or BEND THE KNEE upon finding out.

They'll get married the instant Jon rides a dragon.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Yes by taking The Black you give up your right to inheritance. That said, this is Game of Thrones, wherein the rules are made up and the points don't matter, so I'm sure they'll find some way to have him be head of House Tarly anyways.

Rules didn't matter that much in real life either. It's good to be king.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tei posted:

GRRM have good books, but Game of Thrones are not one of them. Seriously. Anyone with some good ribs that start reading them simply stop because is not good literature. I can be entertaining for 1 or 2 books, but after that you realize you are reading the book equivalent of a TV serie.

Don't read the books, watch the serie.

You should try the book barn thread.

The only point of contention is that you should've said "2 or 3"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So does the next episode have VFX for the teleporter? Seems kinda cheap that Star Trek could have a VFX in the 60s but we get nothing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Night King moves as fast as the bad writing allows him to move.

He's finishing all the side quests before hitting the point of no return.

• Locked thread