Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

#whereisGendry

He's the Night King :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

succ posted:

so is george martin ever finishing the books or what? has he said anything about it

He's been saying the next one's coming along/almost done since 2014.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sydin posted:

So we're more or less confirmed now that Euron is basically just Ramsey 2.0, up to and including the bullshit plot armor.

On the flipside I don't mind this. We're basically down to him, Cersei and the Night King as villains at this point. Also after 6 seasons of the Ironborn being loving incompetent them actually being the deadly armada they're supposed to be for once is nice.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

They haven't killed the uncle yet.

He got blowed up in the sept at the end of last season.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I really don't get all the bitching about Euron. This wasn't Ramsey pulling poo poo out of his rear end constantly for several seasons in a row to the point it got hilariously tiresome. We've had years upon years of the Ironborn being the butt of jokes despite ostensibly being the most powerful navy in Westeros, and this guy the best naval commander/raider. He pretty much just did the one thing his character is SUPPOSED to do: win a decisive naval engagement and create a true threat on the side of the weakened antagonists as we're approaching the show's climax.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Teleportin' Jon Snow

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Lady Olenna: going out as savagely as she can :black101:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Baronash posted:

He was like that when Sansa hugged him too, like he decided to forget how emotions work.

Seriously, he smiles warmly when Coldhands reveals he's Uncle Benjen last season and now he's a robot? If it was the books I guess you could explain he's losing touch with his human emotions since he's warging out of his body so much, but are the writers really going to go anywhere with that in the 11 episodes we have left?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Barreft posted:

We have 10 episodes left. You can't really hide it anymore. If the fat gently caress actually wrote his books maybe, but we're in the last like 10% of the story, things have to be told. At least we learn this season Jon is Aegon Targ. I mean why stretch it to the last 6 episodes?

Watch Brann just sit on it til the last episode of the season instead of just sending one of those teleportin' ravens with a "ur half-Targ, mang" note tied to it's foot.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Aces High posted:

so I know I just watched the episode but...what actually happened? Jon showed up and got access to Dragonglass I guess? We finally got to see Casterly Rock and it turns out that nothing was happening there and so instead we get to watch Oleanna be loving savage as usual, even in the face of death

Seriously, this was one of the first episodes that I have watched where it finished I just thought "wait, what?"

It moved the plot forward in getting Jon & Dany's initial meeting and beginnings of their alliance, and her armies getting badly weakened with the fall of Highgarden, the death of Dorne's leadership, and the Unsullied stranded out west with Euron's navy sinking their ships. Next week looks like she gets more desperate getting Jon's help and her plans moving forward.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Fatty took the black so

:ssh: Tarly and Dick-on didn't die

The past season-and-a-half have been all about shitloads of the old ways being knocked down. Official bastards can't hold huge chunks of territory by Ramsay and later Jon. Northern women not fighting by Mormont girl agreeing with Jon about full northern mobilization. Wouldn't surprise me if Sam can gain control of House Tarly despite taking the black if his dad & brother are dead, he has the house Valerian steel sword, and the Night King is probably knocking the wall down soon so the Night's Watch will probably no longer be a thing post-war if anyone lives.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
:rip: Littlefinger, you were a lovely character after season 4

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hope they show Jorah is in a corner of that room.

He's busy getting the printer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
QUICK TRUMP, REBUILD THE WALL

• Locked thread