Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nopants
May 29, 2004
I'm just watching the episode. Jaime's description of the iron born is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004
That episode was actually good you stupid dipshits.

nopants
May 29, 2004
There and back again by samwise tarly

nopants
May 29, 2004

three posted:

The arrow shooting thing that injured Drogon looked more sinister when it was first revealed. It looked pretty tame on the battlefield when it actually worked. No one could figure out how to fire large arrows like that the last time the Targeryons took over with their dragons?

I don't get it. What's so special about it that literally no one had figured out before?

The thing with dragons is that their scales get thicker and tougher as they age. A scorpion wouldn't have worked on the original dragons used to conquer westeros unless it hit them in the eye or their open mouth. When bronn did his second shot, I thought it would fly into the dragon's mouth just before he breathed fire.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

They definitely lingered on the mouth with the camera and seemed to imply that, so I think what they're not-so-subtly saying is that shooting them in the mouth would be a killshot, but hitting it in the wing just grounded it temporarily.

Meaning that in the future if Cersei gets more of them they could possibly get a crazy one in a million headshot and fell one of the dragons for good, and that'll probably happen next episode or the one after.

Danny will be fine if she serpentines from now on

nopants
May 29, 2004

Lycus posted:

"We still have enough ships to transport the Dothraki."

Bs. I didn't see any ships

nopants
May 29, 2004
Dickson has a tiny head

nopants
May 29, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

Danerys first instinct is usually to do something bad, and then she gets talked out of it by her advisors. The problem with her attacking the Lannister supply line is not that burning soliders with dragons is bad, but that she is starting to ignore the advisors that have kept her in check so far. If Tyrion slipped, hit his head, and wound up in a coma or dead, what is to stop Danerys from taking all 3 dragons to burn Kings Landing to the ground the next time she receives bad news? She has repeatedly shown that her highest priority is that she rule Westeros, and is willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. She has become progressively more unhinged over the last few seasons. We are in a showdown between two mad queens, and while Jamie will likely have to take out Cersei, I fully expect Jon or Jorah will be forced to take out Danerys so they can unify Westeros against the Whitewalkers.

Are you sure she's not doing exactly what Tyrion advised which is to use her forces to blockade King's Landing?

nopants
May 29, 2004

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Holy poo poo piss, this was actually good. Liked the Arya parts and the battle was very well done. Dany on the dragon looked a little bit goofy, but I'm not sure if there is anything to be done about that. Maybe get her a saddle or something?

Didn't think they had it in them. Good job.

Dany should have a saddle and a lance to take out the next knight that tries to charger her.

nopants
May 29, 2004
Sorry Sansa. I can't come back to winterfell. I've been asked to join something called hero squad

nopants
May 29, 2004

deoju posted:

I spotted this on my re-watch...
Drogon blinks slowly at Jon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUHsn3HiMao&feature=youtu.be&t=80

Animals sometimes signal acceptance like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvsfB7sf4QU&feature=youtu.be&t=72

Dragons are assholes confirmed.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I wanna be sunset so bad. Wowsers.

nopants
May 29, 2004
X gon give it to ya!

nopants
May 29, 2004
Fuuuuuuuckkk this season has been rushed but that was the poo poo. X gon give it to ya!

nopants
May 29, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Was the true nature of Rhaegar and Lyanna's romance hinted at before? That Lyanna was in love as well.

Sam had that dream where the ghost of Lyanna confused him for rhaegar and they boned big time

nopants
May 29, 2004
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HIZhBUXNwzw

nopants
May 29, 2004

fbsw posted:

just fyi more protagonists have died in two and a half men than this season of game of thrones

How many dragons died in two and a halfman mr smarty pants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

Was the actor for Rhaegar in that one scene the same actor as Viserys in S1?

yes it was. he got boughed up.

• Locked thread