Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Sad we didn't organize a fantasy league for this season - sounded fun last season. I was thinking about mentioning it in the spoiler thread, but I feel like they might have an advantage for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Scooter_McCabe posted:

So a thought on what happens to Cersi. Everyone assumes the young queen that over throws here is Dany. What if due to her attempts to prevent Dany from Landing the White Walkers make it to Kings Landing first. What if the Night King raises Cersi's daughter, she becomes that next queen. In that scenario I am assuming the North is either wiped out or evacuated.

Want she buried in the Sept along with everyone else in that family? I remember her saying something about scattering Tommen's ashes there so he could be with his family

I think she done got blowed up.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Constant posted:

Clegane in his vision saw them at Eastwatch by The Sea with a mountain shaped like an arrowhead

I bet they just freeze the water and walk around the wall

Incidentally this is also where Thormund et al are headed. Hound and Giantsbane get to fight it out for Brienne's heart!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

kiimo posted:

Arya is going to kill Jon with Needle when she finds out he's a Targ.

Arya ain't got nothing against Targs tho, the closest she ever came to one is that the fat drunken rear end in a top hat king that ruined her life killed one once.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Which sister though, or will he sleep with both of them lying on a bed sewn with the skins of littlefinger and cersei

I think he means his aunt Dany.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dingleberry2 posted:

I think Jon and Dani are just cousins though, so that's all good. Even if they are brother/sister the Targs were doing the incest thing way before Cersei/Jaimie tried to bring it back in vogue.

And technically Jon and Sansa could get it on since they're just cousins as well. I'd be down with a Jon/Sansa/Dani sexploitation scene.

Dany's dad was the Mad King, her older bro was Jon's secretfather. It's easy to forget since they're almost the same age, but none of the ages in this show make any sense. Bam Margera looking motherfucker from last night was Theon's dad's older brother.

edit: the dude currently playing the hound's older brother is younger than Jojen "ah gently caress I'm getting stabbed by a skeleton" Reed.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's definitely still incest even if this show has had grosser examples. I wonder if the common incest references are gurm trying to be more accurate to medieval aristocracy or if it's another example of his personal obsessions showing through, like Tarantino and feet.

edit: I'm guessing the latter because nothing in this show is accurate to anything and gurm is gross as poo poo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dragonstoned posted:

The thing is, Walder was never the Lord of the Riverlands. The Freys keep thinking they're the top dogs because they have Riverrun but it's actually Littlefinger who holds the title of "Lord of the Riverlands."

It's Sweet Robin in charge of the house, and that's The Vale anyway. The riverlands were ruled by house Tulley, then the Freys, now I guess nobody since they're all dead.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Kinda surprised Sansa hasn't sent a raven to King's Landing saying "hey ps littlefinger killed your son, then kidnapped me and sold me into slavery with the Boltons."

Also would like to point out that we had permanent appearances from 3 Hot Fuzz cast members this week.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alhazred posted:

Why would anyone believe her?

He disappeared at the same time as her. Also I forget, does Circe know he's the one that delivered her to the Boltons? Either way, it would cast doubt on him and I doubt Circe trusts him at all anyway.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dolphin posted:

Maybe because he sold her to a man who raped her and killed her brother? :shrug:

Whose dad killed her mom and other brother.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

swickles posted:

One thing I can't really grasp is the timing of the show. This might be because I only watched it recently to watch this season live, but I have no idea how much time has passed from the first episode to now. If you told me 3 months or 6 years I would believe either one.

They only implied it once I think, but the general consensus is about 1 year per season.

Zaphod42 posted:

The book has wizards but the show has not yet at all.

I mean they said "Warlock" but basically same deal.

Also that dude Varys had shipped to him in a crate.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Zaphod42 posted:

The show has never tried to really establish hard timelines and if it did lots of the plot would become an actual issue, as we've argued about teleportation. Its probably for the best that its all a bit grey on when what happens.

The only "spell" those warlocks cast was a bunch of drugs and slight of hand though. They were like big phonies.

That's the whole point of the warlocks, magic had left the world so they were left depressed and just took drugs all day. Magic only started to come back when the dragons returned.

The closest we've come to a real wizard was the one eye'd raven's forest children throwing fireballs. That's it. And they're not wizards; they're like dryads.

Nah there were actual spells. Remember the part about how magic had returned and that's why they wanted the dragons? The whole point is they were doing legit magic again.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I can't believe this very realistic and authentic show about dragons, psychics that can protect into the past and zombies would show things in anything other than a strictly literal, 24-esque time frame.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Phi230 posted:

You bitches aren't even talking about the best part which was Tormund saying they were the nights watch now

Sorry, best part continues to be any time he tries to mack on Brienne. Dude's real good at smiling badly.

Elman posted:

Haha yeah. Remember when Littlefinger sold Sansa to the Boltons for literally no reason? I thought she'd finally get to have some agency and she'd get some character development as she learnt to play the game. But no that'd be boring, let's just make Ramsay rape her and suddenly she's all mature and badass and versed in politics. Love this show!

Like it or not, I think this show's whole thesis is about trauma and how people deal with it - whether they heal, turn bitter, shut out the world, abandon their entire sense of self, whatever. Having a character get raped is still lovely and gross and it might not have been so bad if they handled it better, but here we are. Another reason season 5 was bad.

Phi230 posted:

We haven't had anyone hang dong in a while

Sorry you missed the corpsedong in the last episode.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean he helped orchestrate a mass bombing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want someone, anyone, to tell me what the gently caress was the point of Margery secretly scheming against the Faith while staying loyal to her family (remember the rose note?) when it all had no payoff. Like, did they not know that they were going to blow everything up when they did their first story treatment for Season 6?

I know, right? And why bother introducing Joffrey at all of they were just going to kill him later.

Seriously, it motivated Olenna to leave. Also what would you rather the writers do, show her sitting there going "oh well, this I suppose is my lot in life." A character is allowed to have motivation even if they eventually fail.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That just made me think. New theory - GOT takes place very very far in the future something something shifting continents something something axial tilt, something something genetically engineered dragons.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I liked the bit where Davos and Tyrion got to briefly acknowledge the Blackwater together.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I hope this doesn't mean we're done with archmaester Butterman, I liked him.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Deakul posted:

Ugh, what a bunch of fan servicey garbage that episode was.

And next week's is going to top this one in that department I'm sure.

This show really has taken a nose dive since it surpassed the books; pretty much all of the dialogue between characters just feels like exposition or recaps and they're just pairing up fan favorite characters with eachother now.

Utter poo poo.

See you all next week!

Wizardmaster's posting has been a lot different since that name change.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

henkman posted:

Pretty sure we saw theon's boner at some point

[RamseyWithSausage.gif]

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Personal_Nirvana posted:

I think he meant atached to the body.

Also, does Kit/Emillia have anything on their contracts preventing nude?

Both have done nudity so probably not.

edit: last season, even.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

comedyblissoption posted:

There is literally no evidence of any of the claims made against Baelish except for the claims of an eye witness for the murder of Lysa Arryn. That very same eye witness gave very different testimony previously immediately after the murder of Lysa Arrayn saying Baelish did not murder her, and one of the parties (Royce) to that testimony was at the kangaroo court. That Baelish would admit to her murder in front of the knights of the vale in the way he did is really out of character.

To be fair, Baelish had made an enemy out of Royce by being a dick to him and falsely accusing him of treason.

Also every motherfucker in that room wanted him dead so I don't think anyone was ready to argue.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I need a gif of Little Finger's startled reaction when Sansa throws to him for the trial.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's the perfect "oh poo poo did they just say my name? poo poo, I wasn't listening" face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
S8E1: "For 8 years, you've been asking: who is the Night King? This is the Night King speaking, I am the man who rezzed his wife."

Just 6 hours of that, roll credits.

• Locked thread