Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bananaquiter posted:

Did Sam go all the way to oldtown to find out that dragonstone comes from dragonisland, a fact that Stannis had already dropped on him in a previous season?

Sam is loving stupid, yes. Though not as stupid as Jon Snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So I still don't understand how Arya got faceless powers but I'm glad she's out of that crappy plot.

Nothing about the Arya training plot was good or makes sense.

She has faceless man powers now! How? Why? gently caress you that's why.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dragonstoned posted:

The thing is, Walder was never the Lord of the Riverlands. The Freys keep thinking they're the top dogs because they have Riverrun but it's actually Littlefinger who holds the title of "Lord of the Riverlands."

Titles are meaningless without the men to enforce the claim.

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's Sweet Robin in charge of the house, and that's The Vale anyway. The riverlands were ruled by house Tulley, then the Freys, now I guess nobody since they're all dead.

He got the title from Joffrey for the Battle of Blackwater. He's also Regent of The Vale because Robin is a simple boy.

Show Littlefinger going to go down like a bitch. All his scheming for nothing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

If Jaquen had been training Arya since birth he probably wouldn't have let her just skip town with all the faceless secrets? Like what is his master plan here? Jaquen is secretly the Lord of Light or some poo poo? Too crazy for me man :)

There is no plan, just bad writers

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sydin posted:

So we're more or less confirmed now that Euron is basically just Ramsey 2.0, up to and including the bullshit plot armor.

He's got that Kraken magic! Protects from stabs and cuts!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

I've always thought of greyscale as Westerosi AIDS

I loving love that the cure to greyscale is to just cut it out. :geno:

Gay Horney posted:

How many loving fleets has Dany had destroyed now. Theons whole redemption arc is a giant waste of time. This show is retarded

As many as the plot requires! I'm sure she still has enough boats to ferry all the Unsullied around Westeros to attack Casterly Rock or whatever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheRat posted:

I thought it was heavily implied he had to cut away the grayscale to administer the cure?

Adun posted:

Yeah Sam says he has to cut out the diseased bits to administer the medicinal salve

Ah my bad. :tipshat:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

InFlames235 posted:

Jorah will be cured, meet up with Dany as they're about to take over Kings Landing, see the ballista arrow about to hit Dany and then jump in front of it to save her. This is his destiny.

That would be the best fakeout if Qyburn uses the ballistas to try and snipe Dany.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Maybe I'm watching the show wrong or whatever, but how did Euron know that the Dorne contingent would be aboard Yara's ship since they're presumably the prize that he mentioned to Cersei?

He didn't
They aren't
The prize will be Ellaria(who poisoned Myrcella) and titty snake(Ellaria's real daughter)

e:vvvvv Yea you are right I read it wrong.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 26, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Doomhammer posted:

So Bran's just using his three eyed raven power to watch people gently caress right. Like, all the time.

Gotta get his rocks off somehow

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 31, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Not the best episode but lots of things happened, some good political drama, some good warcraft, and a pretty decent fight scene with Grey Worm going 300. I don't have any major complaints.

Okay, okay, I have one. And yeah, its a time problem.

How does Euron get around so drat fast? I know he's fast and in the books he uses sorcery to make his ships go faster, but holy poo poo. He circumnavigated Westeros in like 2 days??

I guess there's some major river you can use to cross the continent quickly? I didn't think any of them would be big enough for an armada of warships...

I mean he got to Casterly Rock just as fast as the Unsullied army did. I guess they wasted a night owning the poo poo out of Yara and the Sand Snakes.

alternatively: Kraken magic lets him open whirlpools and send his fleet to any part of the ocean he wants

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah but for the unsullied its a straight walk there, while Euron had time to go to King's Landing, present his reward to Cersei, hit on her and make Jaime uncomfortable, and then sail all the way around either the north or south of Westeros. (I guess the south because gently caress the north)
If there's some major canal across westeros then its cool, like I said, but I didn't get the impression that was the case.

Wait, did you think that the Unsullied walked to Casterly rock? Because they clearly sailed there. I guess Dornish captains are slow / poo poo enough that Kraken magic let Euron catch up.

I also love that Dorne is now off the board because the prince's brother's consort killed the prince in a coup and now she is captured so they just went back home or disappeared or whatever the gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Herv posted:

We learned this in the first episode, first season.

:aaaaa:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Just to confirm, there's no way both sand snakes aren't surviving cersei's bond villain trap?

I'd be impressed if we ever saw either of them again.

They are basically dead.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fruit on the bottom posted:

Wow, so when Dany takes the throne she'll just leave her down there?

Brutal.

But fair.

Just like when Arya was Walder Frey for a while and left Edmure Tully in their dungeon :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They did cut Bran for a whole season and nothing of value was lost

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

wilderthanmild posted:

Now they barely even need Dragons though. They just annihilated the main army supporting the crown. There's still Euron's fleet, but lol if the ironborn are going to fight on land or defend in a siege.

lol if you don't think that Cersei's Dany's everyone's forces are exactly as strong / weak as the plot needs them to be

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I legit thought Bronn was gonna kill that dragon for a moment, wish he did.

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, :black101: Dragonslayer :black101:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Yes

And if he died too, those men officially belong to Samwell of House Tarly :getin:

Fatty took the black so

:ssh: Tarly and Dick-on didn't die

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The past season-and-a-half have been all about shitloads of the old ways being knocked down. Official bastards can't hold huge chunks of territory by Ramsay and later Jon. Northern women not fighting by Mormont girl agreeing with Jon about full northern mobilization. Wouldn't surprise me if Sam can gain control of House Tarly despite taking the black if his dad & brother are dead, he has the house Valerian steel sword, and the Night King is probably knocking the wall down soon so the Night's Watch will probably no longer be a thing post-war if anyone lives.

This is true. But allow me a counterpoint: gently caress Sam. Let his mom and his sister take over their lands.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Please spoiler gifs from future episodes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LinkesAuge posted:

How is she a villain in a world surrounded by medieval rulers who do horrible stuff all the time? It would be beyond stupid for her to turn "bad" because she might not always make decissions that satisfy everyone's tactical realism but she is a decent human being even by modern standards and does actually value the opinion of others and as well respecting people as human beings with rights.
Goons really have a weird disconnect with Dany when it comes to judging her personality based on what is shown to us. It would be A LOT easier to make Jon turn bad (especially with this whole being dead thing) but I see no way how that would make any sense for Dany at this point. It's far too late for this now, if that would be a real option then Cersei wouldn't be around and we would see more signs of Dany actually doing bad things but instead we are shown repeatedly that she prefers to care about civilian casualities instead of having a fast victory.

Submit to me or suffer a fiery death / get fed to my dragons - A good person by modern standards

Dany is just one piece of ignored advice away from being a tyrant

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LinkesAuge posted:

Do you remember how we were introduced to Ned Stark? Was he also a villain? I repeat: This is a society based on the realities of a medieval society which means there is no prison till end of life, it's pretty much either being let go or death sentence.
I already saw someone arguing that one of the "good" slavers got killed in Dany's "purge". That might be true and tragic but these things happen all the time even today (a wrong judgement). The important point is that Dany had at least a _very_ good reason for such an extreme measure.
She is certainly a flawed character ("hero") but to call her a villain is just stupid in the whole context in the show and certainly not what is happening on screen (people also argue from a position in which they have a lot more information available than her).

holy lol to all this

e: She sure liberated the gently caress out of Mereen. Mission Accomplished! :911:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zeal posted:

laws are what powerful people and the people with weapons they employ can enforce. in Mereen, until the Unsullied and the dragons came, it was legal for everyone Dany ended up feeding to her dragons to rape and mutilate the people they held as property. the men Dany fed to her dragons were the men who enforced and executed that order of life. they were rich, they were powerful, if any of them felt strong ethical opposition to how things were done in Mereen they had every opportunity to sell off their households and make new lives in less grotesque civilizations.

the law in Mereen was whatever Dany well pleased, because she was the one with the dragons and the Unsullied, the same exact way that the law in Westeros is whatever the great houses and their retainers can enforce on the peasants and proles. law without an ethical basis is worth as much as leaves of paper wiped with poo poo.

if anything Dany was too kind to the masters, as the whole 'sons of the harpy' interlude showed. she should have purged them all, with blood and fire, like it says on her family crest, and saved a lot of Unsullied and freed-slave lives.

She burned their entire ruling class to death, as she should've done at Mereen.

Remember when Dany refused to pardon that kid for murdering a slaver? But she totally gave that random guy she fed to her dragon a trial and everything. Laws amirite?

Murder is only fine when Dany does it!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Add jaime lannister to the hall of villains please

Right next to
Darth Vader: Attempted to subjugate and enslave the universe.
Magneto: Attempted to subjugate and enslave all non mutants.
Jaime Lannister: Attempted to murder a boy to protect his family and porked his sister.

He was just following orders!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Add jaime lannister to the hall of villains please

Right next to
Darth Vader: Attempted to subjugate and enslave the universe.
Magneto: Attempted to subjugate and enslave all non mutants.
Jaime Lannister: Attempted to murder a boy to protect his family and porked his sister.

also cousin killer

Waffles Inc. posted:

Again like, no one is judging anyone for "liking" Jamie; I like him too! Just like, it's probably worth recognizing the reality of him being a total fuckhead

:yeah:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In Westeros that's considered at least theoretically bad, in dothraki culture it's encouraged.

Tywin encouraged The Mountain and his buddies to do just that in the Riverlands

Or was that in the book only it's all a bluuuuuur

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

They did the same thing in LOTR when Frodo falls into a pond. Its just cinematic licence / gotta be epic.

Its not very deep, although it did look deep enough to kill a guy wearing full armor. Almost guaranteed he's gonna get dragged out and taken hostage, or miraculously escape because Bronn is a ninja or some poo poo.

Rescued by Varys the merman!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fruit on the bottom posted:

Possible endings:

-Jon kills the Night King but must become the new Night King ruling over the Walkers and keeping them in check but can never return to the seven kingdoms.

It's 100% going to be this.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"I want to break the wheel. Now acknowledge me as your queen or I'll burn you motherfuckers alive!"

Arya acting stupid and questioning Sansa for no reason than to create conflict with Sansa other than the writers said so.

Gendry wants to go to fight the dead. Lets drag Gilly and her son into the war too! Sure why not. Gotta group up all the characters for the rest of the series!

FizFashizzle posted:

oh hey we're altogether now man crazy how life works out

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

"I'm not here to murder" she says, after murdering 90% of the army

"I'm not here to murder" she says, "unless you don't bend the knee, in which case, yeah, I'm gonna murder you"

god drat i hate Dany

"break the wheel" :laffo:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kevyn posted:

Back in season 1 when Robb and Cat got Sansa's letter, they knew immediately that it was Sansa's handwriting but Cersei's words. If Arya falls for this, she's dumb. And Arya's not dumb*.

*citation needed

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The thing about Gendry is that the North now has someone with a claim to the Iron Throne. That could come up later if they have to go against Daenerys or she dies or something.

Jon exists. Gendry is just a bastard with no proof that his dad is Robert Baratheon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Personal_Nirvana posted:

What are you talking about. This was perhaps the best episode in the entire series outside season 1.

source your quotes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I have a weird idea that Arya knows what's up and is just playing her part in Littlefingers plan. She's been written very smart lately, and the other option is just too dumb.

Yea just like with the her Braavos plot

oh wait

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Supreme Allah posted:

The zombies clearly can't shoot bows apparently

But

I mean if the night king has all those spears he could have just chucked them at the group one at a time, and picked them off

The Night King knew that Jon's plot armor was large enough to shield the whole island.

Constant posted:

its almost as if they were waiting for something

lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kubrick posted:

This.

Where was the suspense? Also ICE JAVLINS are kinda dumb. Just have undead giants shooting bows or something.

Have them throw the normal skeletons onto the dragons :black101:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheKevman posted:

I mean if the Dead are as close to the wall as they'd have to be for Gendry to be able to run back to it and send off the raven, by the time the entourage makes it to King's landing (3 months from Winterfell according to Robert Baratheon, IIRC, not including amassing the ENTIRE army) the NK and his army might be asking for a 3rd seat at the party since they'll be right outside anyways.

Night King moves as fast as the bad writing allows him to move.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

I liked Daenerys' "I had to see it to believe it" logic totally mirroring the farm people's "they are still human...oh i nearly died to them, yep, that be zombies" logic

Even dumber because she instantly believes the letter she gets from Eastwatch

Or that she couldn't spare a single day to fly up past the wall and see the massive zombie horde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

NEED MORE MILK posted:

this some next level autism poo poo

it's from the gbs thread. same thread where someone figured out just how inbred Dany and Jon's kid would be

• Locked thread