Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm here to be hype and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Um isn't Walder supposed to be dead?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Thought I fantasized that Arya killing Frey scene :shobon:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sansa should just crush the white walker army under her giant limbs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Can someone remind me how Jorah ended up in highgarden?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Twerkdad posted:

Took a boat I guess?

Ship captains probably wouldn't want to transport a guy with a deadly contagious disease but I guess he could have kept it hidden.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Barreft posted:

I love TVIV goons

My inability to pay attention and shitpost is not confined to this forum.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Can't wait for him to burn away the other half of face and then pull his burnt face off to reveal he was Arya

Given that facechanging apparently also means shapeshifting when Arya assumed the role of Walder Frey, this is entirely possible

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dolphin posted:

Sansa is going to gently caress Jon Snow

She did learn from Cersei

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

puppies :neckbeard:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey remember that 3 season long redemption arc for Theon?

Welp that was a waste of time!

Yeah but he saved Sansa that one time, kinda I guess

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm just glad the battle was actually shown on screen instead of Varys telling Daenarys 'Euron killed your fleet and the bad pussys with 20 good men ships"

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Theon's eye started twitching like he was Reek again. He lost his nerve and fled.
That was a great bit of acting

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If Greyscale can spread through simple skin-on-object contact, the series would have been called A Song of Ice and Stone

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Have Davos and Littlefinger ever even spoken one word to each other?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Why aren't there more volcanoes in this universe? My immersion....

Because volcanoes go on the outside of the planet!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bawfuls posted:

While we're nit picking the opening map, aren't the cities it shows supposed to tell you roughly what settings will be in that episode? The opener for this episode showed the Wall and there was no Wall content in the episode. I wanted more Bran :bahgawd:

I think that was the original intention but at some point they realized it was too much work so they just feature random poo poo now

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Aphrodite posted:

The unsullied were a small part of the army I think? The Dothraki make up the bulk of it.

They're supposed to be elite spear and shield wall users. AKA the exact the type of guys that suck in assaulting castles and better off fighting in open fields.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Not true, I've played enough total war games to be an expert on tactical realism, phalanxes are super op standing in streets/gates.

Yeah, defending them. Not assaulting them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Why limit himself to the sea, Euron follows no laws of the land set by the fat man, just teleport his fleet onto of the dothraki and dragons. The dragons weakness turns out to be being crushed to death by the iron fleet appearing above their heads

Euron's sails do look suspiciously like wings...

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I liked how they handwave away the most populated kingdom in Westeros as being poor fighters so that's why the Lannisters beat them so easily.

Oh okay? Why was it a big deal that they were gonna march on King's Landing then?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

IMB posted:

Is it Thursday already? Jesus.

the time travel is seeping out of the show!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jay-V posted:

It's because the iron bank has recourse through loving magical face/off assassins, is maybe why the show saw fit to remind us of it??

Since when did the Iron Bank and the Faceless Men ever been connected? Other than being in the same city?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

that wasn't an hour goddamnit

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

SgtSteel91 posted:

Only complaint is that Dany wasn't wearing any armor

Come on, comitt to being a Dragon Rider!

She could have at least gotten a saddle made or something

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Constant posted:

did anyone else see that dude cut his horses leg off?

FizFashizzle posted:

best part of that episode was arya and sansa imo
both of these were great

also some of you are acting like Daenarys has a telepathic control of her Dragons. Why didn't she burn the soldiers instead of the wagons? Who do you think is the one breathing fire?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

TyrantWD posted:

I guess the Unsullied have an easy path to Danerys now. Bronn wounding, but not killing Drogon will also be a setback since Team Targ now know about the ballista, and will prepare for them in the bigger battles to come.

Now I want them to smith together some gigantic armor for the dragons

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Braavos actually exists in a time dilated part of Essos, every 3 months there is like 1 day in Westeros

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 9, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

-Blackadder- posted:

Also what are some of your favorite big dialogue scenes?

Varys and Littlefinger's first few scenes together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6ecIfYBg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PEsR1fdGTA

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Someone pointed out to me that Bran's direwolf dies in the cave under the tree, the same place Meera says Bran 'died' at :aaa:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm pretty sure almost no one in the land of the free actually sold freedom fries.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I love Davos so much

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Olanphonia posted:

So, what's the purpose of putting that note into aryas hands? Make sansa look like she's trying for the throne? Make it look like she's working with cersei?

Arya just accused Sansa of liking the idea of Jon not coming back a little too much. The letter (without knowing it was forced out of her by Cersei) makes it seem Sansa has been powerhungry this whole time.

littlefinger is trying to drive a wedge between the sisters

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Also what's the deal with Jon not wanting people to know he died? I'd be telling everybody that poo poo

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

teagone posted:

Is Lightbringer made of Valyrian Steel? I'm afraid of getting spoiled looking up poo poo on Game of Thrones wikis.

like the original lightbringer? it was just a regular sword iirc

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cersei should at least have shoulder length hair by this point.

Maybe she just likes the new 'do

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lycus posted:

They even slipped in a shot of Cersei's handmaiden sportin' the cut to establish that that haircut is in now, but people are still asking why Cersei's hair isn't growing.

Funfact: That handmaiden has been with Cersei since like season 2

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/game-of-thrones-cersei-maid-bernadette-arya-haircut

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

dont even fink about it posted:

Talk about leaked poo poo in the spoiler thread, dipshits.

Seriously, it's right in the thread title

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bip Roberts posted:

lol at the worlds stupidest "kidnap a zombie" plan. Trading some loving zombie for a dragon. Nice plan guys. It really passed the eyeball test beforehand too.

None of them thought to bring horses in a mission that requires lots of supplies, the capture of a dangerous prisoner and likely having to outrun an army because you're trying to capture one of them. It's absolutely retarded.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

precision posted:

it's going to be funny when the next book comes out and has dumb show stuff in it and then everyone will go "well the show ruined the books"

there is no breaking this wheel

haha you think the next book is coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kubrick posted:

This.

Where was the suspense? Also ICE JAVLINS are kinda dumb. Just have undead giants shooting bows or something.

He should have kamehameha'd an ice spear out of his hands

• Locked thread