Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

etalian posted:

The parody commercial was better than anything in the actual show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aSs-2SzvSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGzk3IIqYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Why did they cast an actress as a love interest for the stupid kid who looks like she's 30?
I looked her up on imdb and she's apparently only 23.

Also, did anyone catch if Eichhorst is still missing a hand, or did he regrow it somehow?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Quinlan and some girl he just met playing dress up with him is still a better love story than Twilight.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This was definitely one of the better episodes after a rather slow season. I'm surprised Eph didn't just shoot the vamp woman when she was walking away before she turned and mug her corpse of the rifle. But it'd be awkward bringing up the whole weirdness of the Master remote controlling vampires and still having his relationship with Alex down the road, because you KNOW they're gonna gently caress.

Astroman posted:

I didn't get the thing with Quinlan and the woman. Her brother was dying, he refused to turn him, but let him die and bit her instead? :confused:
Quinlan said he can't cure anyone when she asked him to do it. He doesn't have any worms.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I hope when Vampire Abby finally says she'll blow Zach after he does more of his fedora bullshit to try and woo her undead rear end (because you know the Master is still gonna gently caress with this kid's head by playing hard to get), she stings him right in the dick.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

What a cute plum carrier story for Zack! Friend zoned.
Zach is the rare type of dweeb that manages to be friend zoned and cock block another dude at the same time.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That was a really good episode. I wasn't expecting them to kill off the hot black woman right after she was introduced, while it took them this long to kill off an old Holocaust survivor and a 120+ year old Nazi, and god help us Zach is still alive. Why does this show have it out for all the female characters? I'm surprised Charlotte had the good sense to get the hell out of dodge.

Please don't kill Dutch.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 28, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

I love that The Master gave Eichhorst an ~Inspirational Speech~ to remind him how awesome he is so he wouldn't kill himself and then Abraham argued the opposite point just before cutting off his head

I guess Desad is going to be the new Eichhorst, but he just doesn't have the smarm for it.
Heh, and the Master calls Palmer a traitor to humanity while Desai and Eichhorst are standing right loving there.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
At least Quinlan had the decency to put vampire maid out of her misery.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Why the gently caress did Eph bother to physically attack the Master, a creature who is still able to stand and talk after having both his throat ripped out and being shot up like a piece of swiss cheese? Just activate the nuke already while he's busy loving with your son, because you know with super badass Quinlan gone, there's no way either of you are getting the gently caress out of here alive.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

There was supposed to be a whole religious dimension to the story, without it the Lumen is indeed a total red herring.

For some reason they completely dismissed the idea of trying to trap the Master in the silver coffin again, when it would have worked to begin with had Zach not been a little poo poo. Then again, I guess they figured the Master would have been expecting something like that anyway.

I did like how Setrakian quoted the Lumen to talk about how the Ancients could speak in a voice that could not be heard or something, and Eph was all, "That's bullshit," until Master Palmer's neck vagina in this episode did exactly that.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

coyo7e posted:

Holy poo poo, did Zach just kill more people than Hitler? :psypop:

I never even thought of it that way, but poo poo man. That about settles it. New thread title over here.

quote:

The actor playing Palmer clearly had a really good time being The Master though, his facial contortions were really something.

Wait till you see him in Season 4 with full on vampire makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Metrilenkki posted:

Yeah, say what you want but this show went from gothic horror mystery to zombie vampire outbreak to apocalyptic war to post-apocalyptic survival in four seasons. It is a very controlled show run, and I never stopped liking it unlike... that other ... tv show... about a group in a post-apocalyptic environment...

Heh, that is true. Other thing I just realized is that the characters acted as you expected them to and didn't do any stupid "character development" 180s out of nowhere into being obnoxious except for Zach, and he's a dumbass kid who was surrounded by assholes and vampires who got exactly what he deserved in the end.

• Locked thread