Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Shitenshi posted:

I looked her up on imdb and she's apparently only 23.

Also, did anyone catch if Eichhorst is still missing a hand, or did he regrow it somehow?

Not sure, I forgot he lost it. But Eichorst is vain enough that he woukd either put on a prothesis or try to minimize people noticing it.

It's funny because I remember a scene where was putting on his makeup and saying "Soon I will no longer have to hide my true self from the world." Now it's Vampire Earth and they blatently walk among us and he still spends 2 hours a day putting on concealer and a fake nose. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I think it's gonna take a lot more than some concealer and foundation to fix up Eichorst after this!

Though it was funny that Dutch called him out on "why ARE you still wearing makeup anyway?"

Turns out he still needs to feel special and different from the run of the mill strigoi. And as we can see from his very human desire to get Setrakian to admit there is no God, he's still very human mentally.

I didn't get the thing with Quinlan and the woman. Her brother was dying, he refused to turn him, but let him die and bit her instead? :confused:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well, I'm sad to see Eichorst go, as he was a great villain, but it was a pretty fitting way to go out and it had to come eventually. And if as it seems this is the end of Setrakian, he had an even more badass end and I'm glad he got to take out Eichorst in person. Nice to see Gus back in the fight as well.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Johnathan Hyde's outsized vaudevillian ham antics have always been the best part of the show and are sorely missed ever since he's been buried under goofy goober makeup, but it was a real joy to see him return to form during that ridiculous grenade disarming flourish

I also liked the AWK-warrrrd moment when Eichorst started dissing Palmer and The Master just stared at him before basically going "naw, yeah, Palmer was a scrub. Much like you two." :smug:

TheAbortionator posted:

Eichhorst was ideologically never really for team humanity.

I think it was season 1 where he gives his whole "The master is everything team Hitler was supposed to be" speech and planted his flag firmly for genocide. (that or he just realllllly doesnt like Jews and Setrakian by extension)

That's the funny/not funny thing about Eichorst. He was so dedicated to the idea of the racial inferiority of the jews, and the worthlessness of their fake jew god, that it consumed him for decades even after he got the reveal that all humans were inferior to the superior vampire race which he'd joined up with. Human racial/ethnic/religious conflicts should be completely meaningless on Vampire Earth, but Eichorst just could not. let. it. go.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Speaking of Kelly, I was catching up on Dark Matter, and a few episodes back on the aftershow they dropped the fact that the same actress plays Sarah on DM. I never noticed before. :aaaaa:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

This week's episode was so good. Abraham's parts have always been so good, they really underused him this season. I loved the switch up when he used Eichhorst's line, "watching you through me" when he asked about his god. It's so fitting for how the story ends.

Yeah, so much of their final scene together was in reference to their first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIyK2OBpMnw

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Same. It was cheesy at times but a good show with memorable characters. Eichorst vs Setrakian was always cool--from beginning to end they were very great characters with fantastic stories and interactions.

coyo7e posted:

Holy poo poo, did Zach just kill more people than Hitler? :psypop:

The actor playing Palmer clearly had a really good time being The Master though, his facial contortions were really something.

Yeah. He's playing a bit older than he really is when in the old age makeup for Palmer. I'll be on the lookout for his Phillip Drummond looking face in future shows.

Also Fet, he was a goddamn cool character too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Metrilenkki posted:

Yeah, say what you want but this show went from gothic horror mystery to zombie vampire outbreak to apocalyptic war to post-apocalyptic survival in four seasons. It is a very controlled show run, and I never stopped liking it unlike... that other ... tv show... about a group in a post-apocalyptic environment...

It was pretty much exactly what the books did, and I gotta give del Toro credit for sticking the landing. I read the books between each season, and when I heard that the last one took place on Vampire Earth after the fall of mankind and the show was still Our Heroes running around semi-normal NYC, I didn't think he'd be able to take the show there.

• Locked thread