Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

I'm seeing hed (PE) on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

I've been re-listening to System of a Down's discography and forgot how awesome they were/are and am wondering if there's anything else along those same lines? I know of some of the weirder aspects of metal (stuff like uneXpect, Igorrr, etc)

What else should I check out

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

kumba posted:

I've been re-listening to System of a Down's discography and forgot how awesome they were/are and am wondering if there's anything else along those same lines? I know of some of the weirder aspects of metal (stuff like uneXpect, Igorrr, etc)

What do you mean along those same lines?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

NonzeroCircle posted:

I'm seeing hed (PE) on Sunday.

I think these guys tour nonstop. I see them pop up for shows at least once or twice a year it seems.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kumba posted:

Pretty much anything Mike Patton has been involved with, particularly Mr. Bungle and FNM.

Maybe Dog Fashion Disco and Polkadot Cadaver.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 12, 2016

tub ring are the quasi-officially approved bungle knockoff (trey spruance from mr bungle produced their first album)

there's also estradasphere, who used a lot of balkan/west asian folk elements similar to soad

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

I have been meaning to check out more of Patton (I love Fantomas and Faith No More, not too hyped on Dead Cross) so this is the perfect excuse. First few songs of the self-titled Mr. Bungle are definitely scratching this itch so thanks for the reminder!

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Hed (PE) trip report: was it good? I don't know. Was it entertaining? Very.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

Avatar's new album dropped a couple weeks ago. I got a chance to listen to it tonight. It's not my favorite, but their guitarists have such a cool style that it's still good. This one has been my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWjSl6QPQds

«5 »