Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lacuna Coil's cover of Enjoy the Silence wasn't completely without merit, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't know I needed this in my life. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bunky posted:

So this popped up yesterday and it's loving rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_ufdkuQPM
I discovered Deftones thanks to My Own Summer, but it was definitely BQAD that won me over. Along with "Jesus Christ pose", one of the main reasons I keep a guitar in Drop D (I know they recorded this in Drop C#; that's what the Digitech Drop pedal is for ;))

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’ve always thought he should be in a doom metal band.
I thought I was the only dork with this opinion! Mad props. :respek:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey! Guess who's back with a plodding 10-minute song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DfQMPmJRI

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sci-Fi Crimes is their best record past, present, or future. Get that one.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wonder What's Next is good, but I feel like the record's overall flow kinda falters after the first half (funnily enough, basically after the three singles they released, which all come one after another) and the eponymous song kinda hurts that flow, despite being an otherwise good-to-great song.

Sci-Fi Crimes in my opinion, doesn't have that problem because, even as the record's longest song, "Fell Into Your Shoes" has a pretty kickass vibe and "Letter from a Thief" is like distilled Chevelle from Point #1 up until SFC, before they changed their tuning to Drop C (most songs on the records from WWN to SFC are either C# or Drop B, with the occasional Drop C#), which they pretty much stuck to.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My name is Wark Say, welcome to my TED Talk about salvageable butt-rock bands. :eng101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Disregard naysayers. Preach the gospel of the good buttrock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My relationship with Chevelle started really goofily but now they're probably one of the few bands from the 00's that I still give the time of day and try to check their new stuff when it comes out. Even after +10 years, Sci-Fi Crimes is up there with, like, Around the Fur and Meantime/Betty as far as nu-metal albums that I absolutely loving love.